Spider-Man: Homecoming (4K+2D and 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FilmArena Collection #89) [Czech Republic]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 13, 2017
Purchase links: 3D+2D - 4K+2D
Price: 999 CZK (E1) - 1199 CZK (E2) - 1299 CZK (E3) - 4999 CZK (E4)
Note: WEA
Group buy: Hosted by carllenc E1 - E2 - E3 - E4 Box - E5 A - E5 B
E1.jpg E2.jpg E3.jpg E4.jpg

21032871_1481087472008224_3936953246344885099_n.jpg
received_1890750887608123.jpeg

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 19.06.09.png

Last edited:
I'm not denying that the WWA steel is very well drawn, but I simply don't like art that is created by hand on my steelbooks. It's supposed to be about the film - not the comic book. The FA version is more like the traditional poster type design that I will always prefer no matter how much hand drawn, pop-art, mondo, painted stuff they keep trying to force on us.
And it is about the film - not the comic book. ;) Moreover, considering the crazy amount of photoshop skills that are necessary to create the 'traditional' poster type designs that you prefer, believe me, those are 'created by hand' too. :LOL::D

You the same wth old school movie posters like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, big trouble In little China, goonies, Struzan art etc etc etc?
Because most his work is better than any standard style movie poster
:drool::drool::drool: That steel is such a beauty.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Hate Mr. Bean.
Love Monsieur Hulot, Chaplin, Keaton, Harold Lloyd and, yes, even Norman Wisdom - some of the greatest of the visual comedians.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
. . . and while we're banning creativity as steelbook and Amaray art let's not draw breath, get into the groove and ban non-glossy steelbooks too.
giphy.gif

And it is about the film - not the comic book. ;) Moreover, considering the crazy amount of photoshop skills that are necessary to create the 'traditional' poster type designs that you prefer, believe me, those are 'created by hand' too. :LOL::D

:drool::drool::drool: That steel is such a beauty.

I love most styles of art (when done well and that includes non illustrated movie posters) but I do get why some don't like most pop art on Steels because they can be hit or miss but I also get frustrated when people call proper illustrated art pop art when it's not.
When it comes to those kinds of art (illustrated) I much prefer Struzan, mondo, original poster art from artists arrow use for their Steels, illustrated art (all above pop art) like the WWA for spidey and Logan but because they are hand drawn and for a film based on a comic people quickly jump on the pop art or comic book art comments for them in a negative when really art like spidey, the Zavvi cap lentis etc are leagues above pop art and very well drawn with epic likeness of the characters and mostly official.
Matt Ferguson and Ryan meinerding are basically modern day artists in the same vein as Struzan etc but because their forte is marvel people instantly think it's pop art or tacky lol.

Ferguson even created Struzan style posters for guardians 2 with a empire strikes back and goonies tribute. Both are epic

Basically IMO both this and the Meindering art are amazing and for collectors who like both its great to have a cool standard movie poster art on a steel and a official amazing illustrated art on another. If the wwa is gloss then they will look as good as each other. Can't wait to have both

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: KittyCat
painted stuff they keep trying to force on us.

No-one's forcing anything on anyone.
It's a matter of having a CHOICE and luckily for most big titles there are more than a few . . . from WWA to WEA . . .
I mean, look at WONDER WOMAN with 7 artwork choices (and only 1 - or is it 2 - of those Illustrated Art) . . . already 3 choices for HOMECOMING etc. . . . numerous choices for Marvel steelbooks etc.

Nothing wrong with floating heads style original poster art on steelbooks - which can look spectacular with the right treatment - but no need to do away with the talented artists who create very limited edition expensive posters that may find their way, on rare occasions, on to our steelbooks.

As for the people that consider the MEINERDING art to be crap no further comment is necessary . . .

You the same wth old school movie posters like Indiana Jones, Star Wars, big trouble In little China, goonies, Struzan art etc etc etc?
Because most his work is better than any standard style movie poster

Well it depends. I think that style is old fashioned now, but in the case of Indy and Star Wars it's ok to have new releases like that (to me at least) because it's keeping to the established same style of those franchises. With a newer release it just doesn't look right to me, but it does work if it has a retro style - see Stranger Things posters as an example of where it is perfect.

I love most styles of art (when done well and that includes non illustrated movie posters) but I do get why some don't like most pop art on Steels because they can be hit or miss but I also get frustrated when people call proper illustrated art pop art when it's not.
When it comes to those kinds of art (illustrated) I much prefer Struzan, mondo, original poster art from artists arrow use for their Steels, illustrated art (above pop art) like the WWA for spidey and Logan but because they are hand drawn and for a film based on a comic people quickly jump on the pop art or comic book art comments for them in a negative when really art like spidey, the Zavvi cap lentis etc are leagues above pop art and very well drawn with epic likeness of the characters and mostly official.
Matt Ferguson and Ryan meinerding are basically modern day artists in the same vein as Struzan etc but because their forte is marvel people instantly think it's pop art or tacky lol.

Ferguson even created Struzan style posters for guardians 2 with a empire strikes back and goonies tribute. Both are epic

Basically IMO both this and the Meindering art are amazing and for collectors who like both its great to have a cool standard movie poster art on a steel and a official amazing illustrated art on another. If the wwa is gloss then they will look as good as each other. Can't wait to have both
Couldn't agree more with what you've said here. :thumbs: And as a Ferguson fan, I'm still praying we'll one day get Civil War slips with his IMAX poster art ... :drool: it's the only official poster art for CW I genuinely loved.

As for Spider-Man steels, I'm glad I can get both. :drool: Now I can't wait to see some beauty shots from FACs slip editions ...

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
It's a matter of having a CHOICE and luckily for most big titles there are more than a few . . . from WWA to WEA . . .
I mean, look at WONDER WOMAN with 7 artwork choices (and only 1 - or is it 2 - of those Illustrated Art) . . . already 3 choices for HOMECOMING etc. . . . numerous choices for Marvel steelbooks etc.

Nothing wrong with floating heads style original poster art on steelbooks - which can look spectacular with the right treatment - but no need to do away with the talented artists who create very limited edition expensive posters that may find their way, on rare occasions, on to our steelbooks.

As for the people that consider the MEINERDING art to be crap no further comment is necessary . . .

RARE OCCASIONS?! Are you kidding me? A 10 second glance at the threads list will show Valerian, Ghost in the Shell, Baby Driver, Atomic Blonde, Doctor Who, and that's just page 1. Of course they're forcing this style on us. Just choosing a few examples known for having many alternative art choices doesn't help counter my argument that there are too many steelbooks of this type.

I already said the art was well drawn, so if the comment about people saying the art was crap was aimed at me then you really need to read people's posts properly. Your earlier sarcasm about banning all creativity on steelbooks also just makes you look childish. I don't see what is wrong with having an opinion that there are far too many steelbooks with "creative" designs rather than ones that stick closely to the imagery of the movie itself. This phenomenon certainly isn't "rare". Quite frankly I can see why so many people have chosen to ignore your posts...

RARE OCCASIONS?! Are you kidding me? A 10 second glance at the threads list will show Valerian, Ghost in the Shell, Baby Driver, Atomic Blonde, Doctor Who, and that's just page 1. Of course they're forcing this style on us. Just choosing a few examples known for having many alternative art choices doesn't help counter my argument that there are too many steelbooks of this type.

I already said the art was well drawn, so if the comment about people saying the art was crap was aimed at me then you really need to read people's posts properly. Your earlier sarcasm about banning all creativity on steelbooks also just makes you look childish. I don't see what is wrong with having an opinion that there are far too many steelbooks with "creative" designs rather than ones that stick closely to the imagery of the movie itself. This phenomenon certainly isn't "rare". Quite frankly I can see why so many people have chosen to ignore your posts...

"Rare occasions" was in truth referring to big name artists like Struzan and Meinerding whose expensive posters find their way on to steelbooks - the steelbooks being a lasting reminder of the posters that sell out real quick and end up on the bay at four times the price.
As far as Illustrated steelbooks are concerned it's childish to assume they don't sell just because you and others here don't like them . . . and ridiculous to think that the designers and studios create steelbooks to sit on warehouse shelves instead of on customers shelves.

Yeah but you keep commenting don't you?! :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus