Premium Supporter
May 4, 2010
Newcastle Upon Tyne England
Release date: November 28, 2016
Purchase links: Arrow (Sold Out) -Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: (Arrow/Zavvi) £17.99 (Amazon UK) £24.99
Note: Limited Edition (2500 copies)

DRILLER_KILLER_3D_SB_FRONT copy-500x500.png

None of Abel Ferrara’s films have quite managed to match the shock, extremity and downright notorious nature of The Driller Killer.

In a career that has encompassed such controversial classics as Ms. 45, Bad Lieutenant and Welcome to New York, none of Abel Ferrara’s films have quite managed to match the shock, extremity and downright notorious nature of The Driller Killer.

Ferrara plays struggling artist Reno, a man pushed to the edge by the economic realities of New York living in the late seventies and the No Wave band practising in the apartment below. His grip on reality soon begins to slip and he takes to stalking the streets with his power tool in search of prey…

LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK CONTENTS
•Limited Edition SteelBook featuring original artwork (2500 copies)
•Brand new restoration from original film elements
•High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
•Original Uncompressed Mono PCM audio
•Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
•Audio commentary by director and star Abel Ferrara, moderated by Brad Stevens (author of Abel Ferrara: The Moral Vision) and recorded exclusively for this release
•Brand new interview with Ferrara
•Willing and Abel: Ferraraology 101, a new visual essay guide to the films and career of Ferrara by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Cultographies: Ms. 45
•Mulberry St. (2010), Ferrara’s feature-length documentary portrait of the New York location that has played a key role in his life and work
•Trailer
•Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Michael Pattison and Brad Stevens

Last edited by a moderator:
After The Burning is sold out everywhere you guys think this one will be sold out so soon, too?
To be honest I doubt it, The Burning is a cult horror but this isn't as popular. A lot of people have heard of it but the film itself isn't that great. I think the film will be around for a while.

Reactions: hal9000b
Yes, it's a strange business the Arrow steelbook THE BURNING selling out at pre-order and even stranger that it happened so quickly across the board (except for Movie Mail ?) and it's as if all the scalpers got together and decided to "fill their boots".
As a fan of horror films in general and period horror films in particular I'll still admit to not having seen either of these but I'm thinking that it's unusual for an Arrow steelbook to sell out at pre-order and I estimate that something like 60% of all U.K. Arrow steelbooks produced to date are still available to buy from one or other of the main retailers.

STILL AVAILABLE AS OF AUGUST 2016
1) THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY (Amz: GBP 14.99, Arrow GBP 18.99, Zav GBP 13.99) - RELEASED MAY 2015
2) AUDITION (Arrow GBP 15.99, Amz: GBP 16.99, Zav "3 for GBP 30") - RELEASED FEBRUARY 2016
3) BLOOD AND BLACK LACE (Arrow store exclusive GBP 22.99) - RELEASED APRIL 2015
4) BLOW OUT (Arrow GBP 16.99, Base GBP 14.99) - RELEASED JUNE 2013
5) PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE (Arrow GBP 16.99, Zav GBP 9.99) - RELEASED FEBRUARY 2014
6) PIT AND THE PENDULUM (Arrow GBP 16.99, Zav GBP 9.99) - RELEASED MAY 2014
7) PORKY'S (Arrow GBP 14.99) - RELEASED JUNE 2014
8) KILLER KLOWNS (Arrow GBP 14.99, Zav GBP 9.99) - RELEASED SEPTEMBER 2014
9) RABID (Arrow GBP 18.99, Zav "3 for GBP 30") - RELEASED FEBRUARY 2015
10) SHIVERS (Arrow GBP 18.99, Zav GBP 13.99) - RELEASED OCTOBER 2014
11) THE BURBS (Arrow GBP 18.99) - RELEASED SEPTEMBER 2014
12) THE DRILLER KILLER (Arrow, HMV, Zav GBP 17.99) - RELEASED NOVEMBER 2016 2,500
13) THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER (Arrow 17.99) - RELEASED AUGUST 2013
14) THEATRE OF BLOOD (Arrow GBP 18.99, Zav GBP 13.99) - RELEASED MAY 2014
15) TIME BANDITS (Arrow GBP 17.99) - RELEASED AUGUST 2013
16) WHITE OF THE EYE (Arrow GBP 16.99, Zav GBP 9.99) - RELEASED MARCH 2014
17) FOXY BROWN (Arrow GBP 18.99) - RELEASED JUNE 2013
18) INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (Arrow GBP 16.99) - RELEASED NOVEMBER 2013
19) THE KING OF NEW YORK (Zav GBP 29.99) - RELEASED JUNE 2012
20) INFERNO (Zav GBP 14.25) - RELEASED SEPTEMBER 2014 2,000
21) BLACK SUNDAY (Zav GBP 14.25) - RELEASED AUGUST 2014 2,000

OOP/OOS AS OF AUGUST 2016
22) DEMONS - 1 & 2 RELEASED APRIL 2012
23) LADY SNOWBLOOD 1 & 2 - RELEASED SEPTEMBER 2012
24) ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS - RELEASED DECEMBER 2012
25) LIFEFORCE - RELEASED OCTOBER 2013
26) BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA - RELEASED DECEMBER 2013
27) THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE - RELEASED NOVEMBER 2014
28) TENEBRAE - RELEASED DECEMBER 2013 4,000
29) THE BEYOND - RELEASED OCTOBER 2013
30) BATTLE ROYALE - RELEASED NOVEMBER 2012 4,000
31) CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD - RELEASED AUGUST 2014 2,000
32) DAY OF THE DEAD - RELEASED JULY 2014 3,000
33) PHENOMENA - RELEASED SEPTEMBER 2014 2,000
34) MANIAC COP - RELEASED JUNE 2014 2,000
35) THE BURNING - RELEASED OCTOBER 2016 4,000

Last edited:
** THE DRILLER KILLER FINAL SPECS AND ARTWORK ***

It is time to reveal the full specs and art for The Driller Killer and boy do we have something exciting to share! While working on our new 4K restoration it quickly became apparent that the original camera negative contained footage which wasn’t included in the theatrical version but instead represented an earlier cut. This longer version features five minutes of additional material, spread throughout the film. Abel Ferrara confirmed that he had intentionally trimmed this footage for his theatrical cut (which has formed the basis for all previous video and DVD masters) but also gave permission for us to include this never-before-seen version on our release!

Check out the full specs below
----------------------------------------------------

STEELBOOK DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• Limited Edition SteelBook featuring original artwork (2,500 copies)
• Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative of the never-before-seen pre-release version and the theatrical cut
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations in both 1.85:1 and 1.37:1 aspect ratios
• Original Uncompressed Mono PCM audio
• Audio commentary by director and star Abel Ferrara, moderated by Brad Stevens (author of Abel Ferrara: The Moral Vision) and recorded exclusively for this release
• Laine and Abel: An Interview with the Driller Killer, a brand-new interview with Ferrara
• Willing and Abel: Ferraraology 101, a new visual essay guide to the films and career of Ferrara by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, author of Cultographies: Ms. 45
• Mulberry St., Ferrara’s feature-length 2010 documentary portrait of the New York location that has played a key role in his life and work, available on home video in the UK for the first time ever
• Trailer
• Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Michael Pattison and Brad Stevens

14731245_1334833586550632_5465444358557622404_n.jpg

Reactions: Hooltra
Yes, it's a strange business the Arrow steelbook THE BURNING selling out at pre-order and even stranger that it happened so quickly across the board (except for Movie Mail ?) and it's as if all the scalpers got together and decided to "fill their boots".
As a fan of horror films in general and period horror films in particular I'll still admit to not having seen either of these but I'm thinking that it's unusual for an Arrow steelbook to sell out at pre-order and I estimate that something like 60% of all U.K. Arrow steelbooks produced to date are still available to buy from one or other of the main retailers.

STILL AVAILABLE AS OF AUGUST 2016
1) THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY (Amz: GBP 14.99, Arrow GBP 18.99, Zav GBP 13.99) - RELEASED MAY 2015
2) AUDITION (Arrow GBP 15.99, Amz: GBP 16.99, Zav "3 for GBP 30") - RELEASED FEBRUARY 2016
3) BLOOD AND BLACK LACE (Arrow store exclusive GBP 22.99) - RELEASED APRIL 2015
4) BLOW OUT (Arrow GBP 16.99, Base GBP 14.99) - RELEASED JUNE 2013
5) PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE (Arrow GBP 16.99, Zav GBP 9.99) - RELEASED FEBRUARY 2014
6) PIT AND THE PENDULUM (Arrow GBP 16.99, Zav GBP 9.99) - RELEASED MAY 2014
7) PORKY'S (Arrow GBP 14.99) - RELEASED JUNE 2014
8) KILLER KLOWNS (Arrow GBP 14.99, Zav GBP 9.99) - RELEASED SEPTEMBER 2014
9) RABID (Arrow GBP 18.99, Zav "3 for GBP 30") - RELEASED FEBRUARY 2015
10) SHIVERS (Arrow GBP 18.99, Zav GBP 13.99) - RELEASED OCTOBER 2014
11) THE BURBS (Arrow GBP 18.99) - RELEASED SEPTEMBER 2014
12) THE DRILLER KILLER (Arrow, HMV, Zav GBP 17.99) - RELEASED NOVEMBER 2016 2,500
13) THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER (Arrow 17.99) - RELEASED AUGUST 2013
14) THEATRE OF BLOOD (Arrow GBP 18.99, Zav GBP 13.99) - RELEASED MAY 2014
15) TIME BANDITS (Arrow GBP 17.99) - RELEASED AUGUST 2013
16) WHITE OF THE EYE (Arrow GBP 16.99, Zav GBP 9.99) - RELEASED MARCH 2014
17) FOXY BROWN (Arrow GBP 18.99) - RELEASED JUNE 2013
18) INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (Arrow GBP 16.99) - RELEASED NOVEMBER 2013
19) THE KING OF NEW YORK (Zav GBP 29.99) - RELEASED JUNE 2012
20) INFERNO (Zav GBP 14.25) - RELEASED SEPTEMBER 2014 2,000
21) BLACK SUNDAY (Zav GBP 14.25) - RELEASED AUGUST 2014 2,000

OOP/OOS AS OF AUGUST 2016
22) DEMONS - 1 & 2 RELEASED APRIL 2012
23) LADY SNOWBLOOD 1 & 2 - RELEASED SEPTEMBER 2012
24) ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS - RELEASED DECEMBER 2012
25) LIFEFORCE - RELEASED OCTOBER 2013
26) BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA - RELEASED DECEMBER 2013
27) THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE - RELEASED NOVEMBER 2014
28) TENEBRAE - RELEASED DECEMBER 2013 4,000
29) THE BEYOND - RELEASED OCTOBER 2013
30) BATTLE ROYALE - RELEASED NOVEMBER 2012 4,000
31) CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD - RELEASED AUGUST 2014 2,000
32) DAY OF THE DEAD - RELEASED JULY 2014 3,000
33) PHENOMENA - RELEASED SEPTEMBER 2014 2,000
34) MANIAC COP - RELEASED JUNE 2014 2,000
35) THE BURNING - RELEASED OCTOBER 2016 4,000

thanks for the list, it seems almost accurate - except the TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE - there is NO arrow video steelbook of TCM.

also, the UK version (arrow store exclusive) of BLOOD AND BLACK LACE is sold out, only the US stock still available.

Yes, you are quite correct about the first but the second was certainly in stock at Arrow when I posted in August.
RE: TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE - Yes, that Arrow style artwork convinced me this was an Arrow product even though it clearly has Lionsgate printed on the spine and the original 1974 has the Second Sight logo on the spine (LOL and LOL).
Also probably getting it mixed up with the limited to 10,000 TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 Arrow boxset
99417_large.jpg
110532_large.jpg
----------------------------------
79704_large.jpg

RE: BLOOD AND BLACK LACE: Limited to the Arrow store and priced high at something like 23 quid for most of its life (except for in one of their flash sales when it was reduced to GBP 14.99 - got my copy in the September sale of last year). Was not OOP/OOS at the time of my post even though it is now . . . finally. . . a year-and-a-half later.

EDIT 18:15 - according to Arrow newsletter received today at 16:35 their BLOOD AND BLACK LACE steelbook is still available . . . but only just . . . so for anyone sitting on the fence . . .

Last edited:
Arrow Video Facebook

***THE DRILLER KILLER UK STEELBOOK STOCK UPDATE***

Attention UK fans! Our SteelBook for The Driller Killer is on the verge of going OOP! If you haven't grabbed a copy yet we would suggest placing an order soon to avoid disappointment.

Our US SteelBook is currently still in good supply.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
It's only OOP with Arrow as the supplier and only the UK version

UK retailers some will have ordered a small amount while the likes of Amazom and Zavvi would have ordered more upfront
It could end up as not sold out for a while all depends on how many orders Amazon and Zavvi have taken so far from their allocation arrow gave them

The USA Steelbook has not gone OOP that has lot of stock still available.

It's only a print run in UK of 2,500 so it might be sold out shortly after release date if both Zavvi and Amazon and HMV got a lot of orders
Each of the big UK retailers would have ordered up front most of the stock from Arrow as in a set amount allocated to them.

If you see the likes of Amazon and Zavvi start to list as sold out then I would not wait for a price drop as you would only have a small amount of cancellation come back available after this

It's only OOP with Arrow as the supplier and only the UK version

UK retailers some will have ordered a small amount while the likes of Amazom and Zavvi would have ordered more upfront
It could end up as not sold out for a while all depends on how many orders Amazon and Zavvi have taken so far from their allocation arrow gave them

The USA Steelbook has not gone OOP that has lot of stock still available.

It's only a print run in UK of 2,500 so it might be sold out shortly after release date if both Zavvi and Amazon and HMV got a lot of orders
Each of the big UK retailers would have ordered up front most of the stock from Arrow as in a set amount allocated to them.

If you see the likes of Amazon and Zavvi start to list as sold out then I would not wait for a price drop as you would only have a small amount of cancellation come back available after this

Are you secretly working on commission for Arrows to get their stock OOS? It sure looks so lol

Are you secretly working on commission for Arrows to get their stock OOS? It sure looks so lol
If I was my bank balance would be lot healthier :rofl:

It's just me letting you know so you don't miss out as a lot of recent arrow limited editions have sold out fast
I might send arrow a bill for helping them get sold out releases :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: severo and sunnyx
Arrow Video Facebook
Our SteelBook proof for The Driller Killer has arrived and is looking great!

This SteelBook is almost OOP in the UK (and sold out completely via the Arrow Store!) so make sure to grab a copy quick from UK retailers
We still have good stock levels in the US.

View attachment 276674 View attachment 276675
F&@K!! LOOKS AWESOME! Glad i kept my pre-order, now - even though i remember the film as a bit boring, but will give it another try once i get my hands on this. Steelbook looks..........WOW!!

F&@K!! LOOKS AWESOME! Glad i kept my pre-order, now - even though i remember the film as a bit boring, but will give it another try once i get my hands on this. Steelbook looks..........WOW!!
Yeah, in a quandary with this - have all the other Arrow steelbooks, and this does look terrific, but I remember the film being awful! Still I think I'm going to order it anyway and give it a second chance...

Yeah, in a quandary with this - have all the other Arrow steelbooks, and this does look terrific, but I remember the film being awful! Still I think I'm going to order it anyway and give it a second chance...
It's funny, there are certain movies that i remembered as mediocre back in the day, and when i've revisited them after they've being upgraded to blu ray, they are actually good movies. I always loved Zombie Flesheaters, but thought that HD would show up its shortcomings - boy was i wrong! The film is actually better than i remember, and don't know how many times i've rewatched it on blu - a really well made movie in every department. On that basis i decided to go with this, but we'll see. I would love to see an Arrow steelbook of the bigfoot video nasty, "Night of the demon" too. I know it's low budget but the movie has alot of atmosphere and a "deep backwoods" vibe that i like, also with great sound effects. For me, that film is good on so many levels.

What, the driller killer steelbook? How you know? You got one already?
He was looking at the sample steelbook photos I posted
Arrow Video Facebook
Our SteelBook proof for The Driller Killer has arrived and is looking great!

This SteelBook is almost OOP in the UK (and sold out completely via the Arrow Store!) so make sure to grab a copy quick from UK retailers
We still have good stock levels in the US.

View attachment 276674 View attachment 276675