#038 A Quiet Place (4K + Blu-ray Mondo X SteelBook) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: March 10, 2020
Purchase link:Amazon.ca ($33.99 CDN) || Best Buy.ca ($29.99 CDN)

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited:
I mentioned in one of the other threads that I would probably wait for a price drop this time since Pet Sematary is still available all over the world and it has gone on sale at least once at Best Buy Canada.

Then I see that it's only $33.99. Then I see that it's because there isn't a 4K disc which doesn't matter to me so cheaper is better. Then I'm thinking what does that do from a collecting point of view when I have the entire Mondo X line sealed?
Would 4K be better in the collection? Now I'm thinking that after all of the Warner and Disney releases so close together that perhaps the Mondo X line isn't as highly regarded as it once was and perhaps it doesn't matter.

Now I don't know what to think. :confused::LOL:

Now I'm realizing that the listing is for Amazon and I don't know if it will drop in price over time after it is released.
I was thinking that it was a Best Buy release. If Best Buy does carry it then I know I can wait for a price drop some day.

Reactions: Leafs17
Since this is decently priced at Best Buy i decided to put in an order. $29.99 is a decent price (with or without 4K) so I won't be concerned if it drops in price a year from now. Since the Best Buy listing indicates 4K I hope it's correct.

Since this is decently priced at Best Buy i decided to put in an order. $29.99 is a decent price (with or without 4K) so I won't be concerned if it drops in price a year from now. Since the Best Buy listing indicates 4K I hope it's correct.

I have mixed feeling about this. I told myself I would no longer give my money to BestBuy Canada...

Hopefully The Amazon.ca one is simply just not all info entered correctly and it will contain as well the 4k.
It would not make sense every country has the 4K included :cautious:

I would be weary about the amazon one including a 4K disc. The first Canadian steelbook release that came out back in July was blu-ray only. The US then released the exact same steelbook in November which also included a 4k disc. Looks like the Mondo edition will have a bluray and a separate 4k edition.
1580913941859.png
1580913983688.png

Reactions: Leafs17 and Actarus
I would be weary about the amazon one including a 4K disc...

What do you mean by this part of your post ?

I'm not too fussed about the 4K, I had bought the Amaray 4K UHD when it was first released and I have the Boxset of the U'mania Selective which contains 2 UHDs.
I like the UK edition so far due to the Artwork on the disks :joy: I just think it's cool to use the 2 colored light bulbs.
Funny enough I just rewatched it last week or before and I just watched the regular blu-ray from the regular blu-ray Bestbuy steelbook.

Reactions: Miggs1209
What do you mean by this part of your post ?

I'm not too fussed about the 4K, I had bought the Amaray 4K UHD when it was first released and I have the Boxset of the U'mania Selective which contains 2 UHDs.
I like the UK edition so far due to the Artwork on the disks :joy: I just think it's cool to use the 2 colored light bulbs.
Funny enough I just rewatched it last week or before and I just watched the regular blu-ray from the regular blu-ray Bestbuy steelbook.
Sorry about the confusion about my statement. I just meant to not assume that the Amazon Mondo listing will include the 4K disc, especially since 4K is not advertised in the listing.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
I don't get this;

amazon.com has the 4K UHD edition
and
amazon.ca only states as Blu-ray only :cautious:

of all the country release, amazon.ca is the only one that states as blu-ray. Canada will have 4k UHD through BestBuy
Wondering if its not just info missing from whomever entered the listing on .ca

I don't get this;

amazon.com has the 4K UHD edition
and
amazon.ca only states as Blu-ray only :cautious:

of all the country release, amazon.ca is the only one that states as blu-ray. Canada will have 4k UHD through BestBuy
Wondering if its not just info missing from whomever entered the listing on .ca
It doesn't make sense why only Canada would have a different format than all the other countries, maybe you could try contacting Amazon.ca customer service and see if they could check on this for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
It doesn't make sense why only Canada would have a different format than all the other countries, maybe you could try contacting Amazon.ca customer service and see if they could check on this for you.

Yes I thought about contacting them, but didn't feel like speaking to anyone :LOL: so instead I used the report feature on the item description page to describe possible misinformation.

I have mixed feeling about this. I told myself I would no longer give my money to BestBuy Canada...

Hopefully The Amazon.ca one is simply just not all info entered correctly and it will contain as well the 4k.
It would not make sense every country has the 4K included :cautious:
I would think you could order from Amazon.com (usa) and get it imported. I’ve imported Blu rays 4k disks from Amazon in Europe.