#050 Captain America: The Winter Soldier (4K+2D Blu-ray Mondo x SteelBook) [France]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: January 14, 2022
Purchase links: FNAC - Amazon FR
Price: €29.99

Captain Amaerica .jpg

Captain America.jpg

Thanks @Walt Dizzy

Last edited:
Well that's been happening since the original architects left the steelbook game...been a long time this way, no surprises here
Maybe
But even the worst offerings from zavvi or Bestbuy can manage to produce 3 different artworks for the front , back and inside. Not even considering the premium retailers.

Maybe
But even the worst offerings from zavvi or Bestbuy can manage to produce 3 different artworks for the front , back and inside. Not even considering the premium retailers.

Oh come on now, you've been around long enough to see blank insides and backsides.

And there are a number of recent examples where the backside ends up being a logo or something like that.

Not to say this is the best way to do it, but there are loads of worse examples.

Reactions: Masterwu
Oh come on now, you've been around long enough to see blank insides and backsides.

And there are a number of recent examples where the backside ends up being a logo or something like that.

Not to say this is the best way to do it, but there are loads of worse examples.
I take your point about there being some crap releases from other studios/companies but then they get quite rightly roasted in all the forums whereas Mondo gets an easy pass because that's just their standard modus operandi
Just sayin

Does the inside really matter? Yeah I don’t want it blank but any image is better than blank

Harder to deal with? Impossible more like
FNAC customer service is f'ing appalling.
I had to raise a claim through PayPal in the end. Whole process for a missing order took me 3 months.
I just came upon this discussion from a few months back. If you have a CS issue with Fnac definitely contact them through Twitter CS account and send pics if the item is damaged. I’ve had great service from them that way making returns on steelbooks that arrive damaged. You have to front the return costs but they have always told me to send photos of the receipts to [email protected] and then I get reimbursed when they receive back the items.

Reactions: kootezafra
Just got this and the Infinity War Mondo steelbooks today from Fnac. I'm in the US and both were shipped yesterday, so that's great (and both are mint). Infinity War is pretty average but the Winter Soldier steelbook is very nice looking. If I have time tomorrow then I'll try and post some pics.

Sorry if some of these images aren't so great. The only real maybe downside to the Winter Soldier steelbook is that there is nothing on the back of the PET slip (I didn't even take a picture of it). But the steelbook artwork is nice enough that it's no big deal. The little bit of holofoil on the front of the PET slip and spot gloss are nice.

IMG_2259.jpgIMG_2260.jpgIMG_2262.jpgIMG_2263.jpgIMG_2264.jpgIMG_2265.jpgIMG_2266.jpgIMG_2267.jpg

That looks really nice, the Black Panther of this wave :thumbs:

Really disappointed how the two Avengers ones turned out (I assume IW is the same as Endgame)

That looks really nice, the Black Panther of this wave :thumbs:

Really disappointed how the two Avengers ones turned out (I assume IW is the same as Endgame)
Yep. Generally the colors are dull with the matte finish.. On the back, Wanda and Vision are spot glossed, and on the front whatever that thing Dr. Strange is doing with his hand (the round shape) is spot glossed. But honestly, they don't even stand out. The title is outlined on the PET slip, but that's it - and no holofoil. It's underwhelming. The artwork had potential but they didn't do anything with it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: tommyh84