16K Sony screen

idk m8, i have never ever seen (or better noticed) color banding on 1080p as bad as on this picture... so I'm not sold on the notion its a big difference... at least yet...
Keep in mind that there are quality differences from title to title. Depending on who did the transfer, the resolution of the original source, etc.
Just like there are 1080p discs that are outstanding, and some that aren't.
The same is true with the application of HDR - some are incredible, and some look like they didn't even try. YMMV.

• Informative
Reactions: hatredhorror
Keep in mind that there are quality differences from title to title. Depending on who did the transfer, the resolution of the original source, etc.
Just like there are 1080p discs that are outstanding, and some that aren't.
The same is true with the application of HDR - some are incredible, and some look like they didn't even try. YMMV.
but then you cannot compare a poor 1080p transfer with color banding with a newer and better 2160p transfer without and conclude the image quality of 2160p is a big difference.. not unless its a general issue and in my experience it is not.. at least not with regards to color banding

but then you cannot compare a poor 1080p transfer with color banding with a newer and better 2160p transfer without and conclude the image quality of 2160p is a big difference.. not unless its a general issue and in my experience it is not.. at least not with regards to color banding
Ideally, you would want a 1080p copy and a 2160p copy both struck from the same transfer to get a a true 1 to 1 comparison.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror