Completed 1883 (Season 1) [Paramount+]

gAnX

Premium Supporter
Jul 10, 2019
Leeds, United Kingdom
A prequel to "Yellowstone," "1883" follows the Dutton family as they flee poverty in Texas and embark on a journey through the Great Plains to seek a better future in Montana. Real-life couple Tim McGraw and Faith Hill star as James and Margaret Dutton, while Sam Elliott portrays Shea Brennan, a tough cowboy who has sadness in his past. Other cast members include Isabel May, LaMonica Garrett and Dawn Olivieri. Billy Bob Thornton will guest star and Tom Hanks makes a cameo in a Civil War flashback scene.

MV5BNDZkZDdkMjYtMGI3Yi00MmVkLTkzZjQtMGI0NGViNzIzNjhjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDA4NzMyOA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Very surprised there isn't much excitement about this show ☹️

Episode 8 is my favorite so far - "The Weep of Surrender" - as it has quite a few outstandingly written character scenes. We see glimpses of who is the real survivor of the Dutton family and a little bit of what the pioneers and their families had to overcome in their push across the unforgiving western landscape.

Fantastic acting, storytelling and cinematography for a TV show.

Reactions: gAnX
I don't know about the series, but I do not like the poster. It sets the premise as the Native Americans are the bad guys. Or that's how I read it.