Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: February 15, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $17.99
Note: World Blu-ray premiere!

51Wp24aoSeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: komor
I was just moaning in the below linked topic a couple of months ago, that this movie is still nowhere to be seen on BD, and find it today for pre-order on Amazon, along with Nick of Time, Intersection, and Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles (this one was released with a trilogy, first time separately), all coming out on the same day.
Especially happy about the first two!

Post in thread 'Movies that remain unreleased / have no blu-ray release so far?' Movies that remain unreleased / have no blu-ray release so far?

Seems to be a movie with many debuts for different actors. I think I know all actors, but forgot their names except of the Christina Ricci, Kate Hudson and the Affleck-brothers. The movie Go from Doug Liman was also released the same year. Does it have some similarities with it?

Last edited:
Seems to be a movie with many debuts for different actors. I think I know all actors, but forgot their names except of the Christina Ricci, Kate Hudson and the Affleck-brothers. The movie Go from Doug Liman was also released the same year. Does it have some similarities with it?

Yeah, it's a great ensemble, especially will be glad to see again Janeane Garofalo, Courtney Love, and Angela Featherstone.
It's the same as Go in the sense that the stories of characters are loosely connected, but it's more a 'talking' movie, no crime or action. But not as bad, as all those New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, and Mother's Day films, although because 200 Cigarettes went by largely unnoticed at the time, those were trying to imitate Love Actually. I like it even more, and upon checking Google, bigger percentage liked 200 Cigarettes by now, than Love Actually. :D

Yeah, it's a great ensemble, especially will be glad to see again Janeane Garofalo, Courtney Love, and Angela Featherstone.
It's the same as Go in the sense that the stories of characters are loosely connected, but it's more a 'talking' movie, no crime or action. But not as bad, as all those New Year's Eve, Valentine's Day, and Mother's Day films, although because 200 Cigarettes went by largely unnoticed at the time, those were trying to imitate Love Actually. I like it even more, and upon checking Google, bigger percentage liked 200 Cigarettes by now, than Love Actually. :D
:LOL:

it's more a 'talking' movie, no crime or action.:D
The only talking movies I enjoyed were Swingers and maybe The Last Days Of Disco with Kate Beckinsale, that had this unique style and I must say without the movie I never would have realized, that there was such a movement of party-obsessed people in NY at that time. It was also interesting, that the guy from the club, that was shut down says at the end of the movie he will move to Florida. Probably he meant Orlando, where the Breakbeat scene got more and more part of the club culture. The movie was made in 1998 and that was the high-time of this movement, so the guys´ speech was probably related to it and maybe the clubs in Florida profited of the moving hedonists after the shutdown of all these clubs in NY.

Last edited:
The only talking movies I enjoyed were Swingers and maybe The Last Days Of Disco with Kate Beckinsale, that had this unique style and I must say without the movie I never would have realized, that there was such a movement of party-obsessed people in NY at that time. It was also interesting, that the guy from the club, that was shut down says at the end of the movie he will move to Florida. Probably he meant Orlando, where the Breakbeat scene got more and more part of the club culture. The movie was made in 1998 and that was the high-time of this movement, so the guys´ speech was probably related to it and maybe the clubs in Florida profited of the moving hedonists after the shutdown of all these clubs in NY.
Oh, then you should like 200 Cigarettes, because thst is exactly the other 2 similar films that I also like!
Not just NY, I was living in Los Angeles from '96, was a bit too little, but started going to clubs after 18, and sneaking in with older girls before that - when you're coming with 2 pretty Ukrainian girls, bouncers instantly don't care, how you look or how old you are (we were renting a house in Beverly Hills, split among 5 of us, to attend BHHS).
So all those 'gotta go to at least 3 places', and 'oh it's boring here' at 3am, lets go elsewhere, are all so true. Sometimes, when could gather everyone, would drive in 3 or 4 cars, all old 90s SUVs of course, in a row, and I liked to imagine that we're some kind of cool mafia, or celebrities. :LOL:
My favorite was Key Club on Sunset, because of live performances, saw KHZ there, and Lords of Acid, I think, if I'm not confusing with another place, like Viper Room, but that one was harder to get in.

Edit: Forgot a movie better describing geeks, like us, would be Robert Meyer Burnett's Free Enterprise, also 1998, also still not on Blu-ray.

Oh, then you should like 200 Cigarettes, because thst is exactly the other 2 similar films that I also like!
Not just NY, I was living in Los Angeles from '96, was a bit too little, but started going to clubs after 18, and sneaking in with older girls before that - when you're coming with 2 pretty Ukrainian girls, bouncers instantly don't care, how you look or how old you are (we were renting a house in Beverly Hills, split among 5 of us, to attend BHHS).
So all those 'gotta go to at least 3 places', and 'oh it's boring here' at 3am, lets go elsewhere, are all so true. Sometimes, when could gather everyone, would drive in 3 or 4 cars, all old 90s SUVs of course, in a row, and I liked to imagine that we're some kind of cool mafia, or celebrities. :LOL:
My favorite was Key Club on Sunset, because of live performances, saw KHZ there, and Lords of Acid, I think, if I'm not confusing with another place, like Viper Room, but that one was harder to get in.

Edit: Forgot a movie better describing geeks, like us, would be Robert Meyer Burnett's Free Enterprise, also 1998, also still not on Blu-ray.
I like that acid-breakbeat stuff, because most tunes are not produced so clean, don´t know how to say - not overproduced or so, and often raw and gritty, what I like. The more commercial acts I could recognize at that time was Music Instructor or Stanton Warriors, that had some good mixes, that I listened to from time to time in my 20s. Don´t kow what happens with the scene nowadays and I just listen some Detroit House stuff or Daftpunk. That Electro-swing stuff from Parov Stelar is also pleasing and I have some records of it, but I can´t listen to this Minimal Techno/Deep House/Tech House stuff, that is hyped here.