2001: A Space Odyssey (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (The Film Vault #007) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 2, 2023
Purchase links: Vice Press - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV (Vice Press Pre-order on May 29, at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £69.99 (Vice Press Poster Edition) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition limited to 200

2001_ASO_FVR_4K.jpg

2001 Space Film Vault.jpg

Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition

hl-26573170266.png hl-26573170261.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
  • Limited to 6,000 Worldwide
  • NEW KEY ART by Matt Ferguson & Florey from Vice Press
  • ACETATE O-RING - Removes for type-free display of your key art
  • Exclusive individually-numbered CRYSTAL DISPLAY PLAQUE
  • Rigid clamshell box with MAGNETIC CLOSURE
  • 7 replica LOBBY CARDS - with added film quotes
  • Double-sided reproductions of original THEATRICAL POSTERS
  • Poster of the NEW KEY ART

• Feature film on 4K-UHD and Special Features on Blu-ray
  • Commentary by Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood
  • Channel Four Documentary 2001: The Making of a Myth
  • 4 Insightful Featurettes: Standing on the Shoulders of Kubrick: The Legacy of 2001, Vision of a Future Passed: The Prophecy of 2001, 2001: A Space Odyssey - A Look Behind the Future and What Is Out There?
  • 2001: FX and Early Conceptual Artwork
  • Look: Stanley Kubrick!
  • Audio-Only Bonus: 1966 Kubrick Interview Conducted by Jeremy Bernstein
  • Theatrical Trailer

Wow, very different... I love it! If VP do an edition with a poster included, then I'm 100% in :D

Vice Press' Exclusive Poster Edition limited to just 200 copies each, and will come with a 24x36 inch movie poster featuring the cover art by Matt Ferguson and Florey, along with a certificate of authentication signed by the artists.

These posters will not be available separately.

Wave 2 of The Film Vault will be available to pre-order from 6pm BST (UK Time) on Monday the 29th of May. Shipping dates vary.

Exclusive poster editions priced £69.99 each

hl-26573170266.png

hl-26573170261.jpeg.jpg

hl-26573170271.png

hl-26573170273.png

2001: A Space Odyssey 4K UHD & Blu Ray™ & Exclusive Poster Set
Art by Matt Ferguson & Florey for Vice Press
Fine Art Lithograph Movie Poster Printed on 300 GSM GF Smith Accent Archival Paper
24x36 Inches
Edition of 200
£69.99
Ships Worldwide

Last edited:
Just don’t have the room for these additions. The art on these is interesting, but not enough to warrant purchase IMO. Personally, I like the old school poster and did consider buying for that alone, but… nah.

I’ll stick with my Manta OC.

Vice Press' Exclusive Poster Edition limited to just 200 copies each, and will come with a 24x36 inch movie poster featuring the cover art by Matt Ferguson and Florey, along with a certificate of authentication signed by the artists.

These posters will not be available separately.

Wave 2 of The Film Vault will be available to pre-order from 6pm BST (UK Time) on Monday the 29th of May. Shipping dates vary.

Exclusive poster editions priced £69.99 each

View attachment 555506

View attachment 555507

View attachment 555515

View attachment 555516

2001: A Space Odyssey 4K UHD & Blu Ray™ & Exclusive Poster Set
Art by Matt Ferguson & Florey for Vice Press
Fine Art Lithograph Movie Poster Printed on 300 GSM GF Smith Accent Archival Paper
24x36 Inches
Edition of 200
£69.99
Ships Worldwide

Macaulay Culkin Yes GIF by filmeditor

Reactions: paulboland
Artwork looks decent as a print. Tbf they all look better as prints except Apollo 13

Man what wasted wave of films. I think we know what films to expect in this series now and we can be disappointed again and again at the over saturation of those titles.

I’ll truly only buy the films I really like with artworks I really like. So far goodfellas and Scarface are the only 2 to wow me.

And I’ll consider the prints bundle for something like Jurassic park or the thing as long as the arts aren’t sh!t..... like Apollo 13. Let’s face it those 2 films will defo happen. The studios and both artists seem to be mad for the films too

For some strange reason I like this…. It’s a bit odd but I can’t seem to look away!
Peace Love GIF by SuperTrip64

They did write "the ultimate trip" on it, so someone's definitely been 'trippin' doing it, couldn't even be bothered with capital letters. It's, like, ooookeeeey, dude, mellow out, maaaaan...
hippies-hippy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: leelee17