2001: A Space Odyssey (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (The Film Vault #007) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 2, 2023
Purchase links: Vice Press - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV (Vice Press Pre-order on May 29, at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £69.99 (Vice Press Poster Edition) - £49.99 (Collector's Edition)
Notes: Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition limited to 200

2001_ASO_FVR_4K.jpg

2001 Space Film Vault.jpg

Vice Press Exclusive Poster Edition

hl-26573170266.png hl-26573170261.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
Is Matt Ferguson like the only person these guys know when it comes to art? Studios should branch out and find new fresh artists in my opinion to mix it up.

When you see art from the same artist over and over it just starts to blur together, this less than others to be fair but still.

Is Matt Ferguson like the only person these guys know when it comes to art? Studios should branch out and find new fresh artists in my opinion to mix it up.

When you see art from the same artist over and over it just starts to blur together, this less than others to be fair but still.
He's co-founder of Vice Press along with James Henshaw, so obviously cheaper for Matt to do the art himself than pay someone else to do it... at least that's how I look at it anyway. Plus he has a huge following, so kinda makes sense IMO. Matt Florey is also involved in some of the artwork too FYI. I agree it would be nice to eventually see them branch out a little and invite other artists to take part though.

He's co-founder of Vice Press along with James Henshaw, so obviously cheaper for Matt to do the art himself than pay someone else to do it... at least that's how I look at it anyway. Plus he has a huge following, so kinda makes sense IMO. Matt Florey is also involved in some of the artwork too FYI. I agree it would be nice to eventually see them branch out a little and invite other artists to take part though.
Yeah that makes sense

Just would be nice to mix it up every now and then but everytime I see something like this I look at the art, take a guess in my head, then read it, see hi name and go "Yeah thought so"

Like here it's not bad but when it came to the Marvel stuff I wasn't as fan, it all looked the exact same and it just blurred together especially with that big Infinity War Saga collection when they could possibly hired someone who did the comics to do exclusive art for it or something.

Was going to order but just realised the movie disc included was only on 4K, thought the 2nd disc was the bluray movie + special features but the extra bluray disc is just special features.

As I don’t own a 4K player it’s a waste for me which is a shame as I loved that art.

Last edited:
Was going to order but just realised the movie disc included was only on 4K, thought the 2nd disc was the bluray movie + special features but the extra bluray disc is just special features.

As I don’t own a 4K player it’s a waste for me which is a shame as I loved that art.
Same boat here tbh. However, I hope to upgrade sooner or later anyway.

Same boat here tbh. However, I hope to upgrade sooner or later anyway.
To be honest, in my experience, this scan of 2001 and that of Blade Runner are two of the best reasons to go 4K. Each is absolutely stunning on a good 4K screen. Remarkable really.

And, yeah, I gave in and preordered. :oohyeah:

Reactions: Noodles
Yeah that makes sense

Just would be nice to mix it up every now and then but everytime I see something like this I look at the art, take a guess in my head, then read it, see hi name and go "Yeah thought so"

Like here it's not bad but when it came to the Marvel stuff I wasn't as fan, it all looked the exact same and it just blurred together especially with that big Infinity War Saga collection when they could possibly hired someone who did the comics to do exclusive art for it or something.
I think it's great to have all the Artworks from the same Artist in a collection series like this.

Reactions: Noodles
To be honest, in my experience, this scan of 2001 and that of Blade Runner are two of the best reasons to go 4K. Each is absolutely stunning on a good 4K screen. Remarkable really.

And, yeah, I gave in and preordered. :oohyeah:
Ohh that's good to know then! I already have both films on 4K, so look forward to eventually checking them out in all their glory :D

Reactions: Chievera
So I just realized that there seems to be no way for me to order these. Warner, Zavvi and HMV are UK exclusive. Amazon UK requires a credit card, which I don't have.

The only option for me would be Vice Press directly, since they ship worldwide and accept PayPal. Problem is that they will only sell the poster bundles, which I don't really need tbh.

Vice Press Poster Edition live to pre order

Artist: Matt Ferguson and Florey

Poster Edition: 200

Poster Size: 24" x 36" inches (approx 61 x 91 cm)

Poster Details: Hand numbered fine art lithograph print on 300gsm GF Smith Accent paper with certificate of authenticity signed by Matt Ferguson and Florey.

Important Shipping Information: At checkout, a product titled Poster Shipping Tube is automatically added to your cart to generate the correct shipping for your order. Please do not remove this from your cart. Removing this from your cart will result in you not generating the correct shipping and your order being cancelled.

The poster and 4K UHD Box set are each shipped separately in their own protective packaging and depending on the shipping service selected, may generate separate tracking numbers when shipped.

The 4K UHD box set and poster may also arrive separately. This may be on different days. This is due to how poster tubes and boxes are processed with our delivery partners.

Release Date - 02/10/2023 (Expected to ship October 2023)

Last edited:
So I just realized that there seems to be no way for me to order these. Warner, Zavvi and HMV are UK exclusive. Amazon UK requires a credit card, which I don't have.

The only option for me would be Vice Press directly, since they ship worldwide and accept PayPal. Problem is that they will only sell the poster bundles, which I don't really need tbh.
Well I just ordered the poster editions of all 4. Probably gonna sell the posters afterwards on ebay, since I don't have the space for them. But at least it seems like Vice Press is packaging quite well and I don't have any other options to buy them anyway. It is what it is.

Amazon also accept payment by Debit Card
Debit Cards are not Credit Cards

Do you not have a ATM Debit Card with your Bank
What country you based

Amazon also accept payment by Debit Card
Debit Cards are not Credit Cards

Do you not have a ATM Debit Card with your Bank
What country you based
I can tell you for sure: If you try to buy something from Amazon UK as a German, the only payment option is a credit card.

Debit Card only works with Amazon Germany.

Also: I generally don't like to order such editions from Amazon, since they are packaging them like ****.

I can tell you for sure: If you try to buy something from Amazon UK as a German, the only payment option is a credit card.

Debit Card only works with Amazon Germany.

Also: I generally don't like to order such editions from Amazon, since they are packaging them like ****.
That's strange as I can use my ATM Visa Debit Card with most Amazon Websites and other online retailers in most countries.
My Visa Debit Card is not a credit card
As in use with following amazon websites USA/Canada/UK/France/Germany/Italy/Spain/Japan etc

Amazon UK payment methods
The following payment methods are available for use:

Visa Credit and Debit
Mastercard Credit and Debit
American Express
Eurocard
UK-based Maestro

Does your Germany bank not issue you with a ATM Mastercard Debit Card to be used in multiple countries.

Deutsche Bank Card Plus (debit card)​

What type of Debit Card do you have

Well I just ordered the poster editions of all 4. Probably gonna sell the posters afterwards on ebay, since I don't have the space for them. But at least it seems like Vice Press is packaging quite well and I don't have any other options to buy them anyway. It is what it is.

Let me know if you want to sell the 2001 poster. I actually wanted the poster but not everything else. :)

As for Ferguson's art, his cred got a huge boost recently when Disney chose him to design the official poster for the 40th anniversary rerelease of Return of the Jedi. I do agree, though, that sometimes his style can feel samey (as with that MCU steelbook wave). I have his Rogue One poster on the wall here at home.

ROTJ_Reg_dce9f9d9-4be6-4ca0-8c49-eeaacf4a9d19_1024x1024.png

Rogue-Regular.png

That's strange as I can use my Visa Debit Card with most Amazon Websites
My Visa Debit Card is not a credit card
As in use with following amazon websites USA/Canada/UK/France/Germany/Italy/Spain/Japan etc

Amazon UK payment methods
The following payment methods are available for use:

Visa Credit and Debit
Mastercard Credit and Debit
American Express
Eurocard
UK-based Maestro

Does your Germany bank not issue you with a Visa or Matercard Debit Card to be used in multiple countries.
Well, I wasn't 100% precise. I can also order from other Amazon EU sites like Italy or France with my Debit Card. But UK and US don't work. Pretty much everything that doesn't have € doesn't work.

What does work though is, if items from Amazon UK are sold on Amazon Germany. But that's not the case here (yet). But as I said I don't like to order such editions from Amazon anyway.

Im really curious how well the second wace will sell now with Amazon and the 200 Vice Press copies being the only option for international customers. When the first wave launched, Zavvi was still shipping worldwide. I can't imagine that they will sell 6000 copies of 2001 for example UK exclusively.

Let me know if you want to sell the 2001 poster. I actually wanted the poster but not everything else. :)

As for Ferguson's art, his cred got a huge boost recently when Disney chose him to design the official poster for the 40th anniversary rerelease of Return of the Jedi. I do agree, though, that sometimes his style can feel samey (as with that MCU steelbook wave). I have his Rogue One poster on the wall here at home.

ROTJ_Reg_dce9f9d9-4be6-4ca0-8c49-eeaacf4a9d19_1024x1024.png

Rogue-Regular.png
Those Star Wars Posters look really nice indeed.