4 the Luv of My Asian Collectibles

Actarus

Premium Supporter
Mar 28, 2014
フリード
So here are my work in progress taking pictures of my Asian Collection :emb:

Thor 2: The Dark World Japan

Thor 2 Japan MovieNex Front.jpg Thor 2 Japan MovieNex Spine.jpg Thor 2 Japan MovieNex Back.jpg

Thor 2: The Dark World Kimchi Exclusive No.8 1/4 Slip

Thor Kimchi 1:4 Front.jpg Thor Kimchi 1:4 Back.jpg

Thor 2: The Dark World Kimchi Exclusive No.8 Lenticular Edition

Thor Kimchi Lenti front.jpg Thor Kimchi Lenti Spine.jpg Thor Kimchi Lenti Back.jpg

Thor 2: The dark World Taiwan 1/4 slip

Thor 2 Taiwan Front.jpg Thor 2 Taiwan Back.jpg

Last edited:
When this went on Pre-Order I passed on the Release as I was not too much into it. But Upon members receiving their copies and Posting pictures of the editions I basically fell in Love :drool: Beautiful Package NC#10 from nova. The slips have a really nice treatment on them, Great choice of Artworks feels very fresh and unique making them a little gem...But of course silly me, I passed on it and had to get it on the secondary Market. Please don't ask me how much it cost me :facepalm: :wacky: ...but got it form a wonderful seller great service. They are here, so now to open or not to open ??? (n):dunno: ... should I listen to the Dark Force :naughty: ? Really REALLY Happy to add this to my Collection :happy:

Star Wars 1-Click.jpg
Star Wars 1-click numbers.jpg Star Wars FullSlip A.jpg Star Wars Fullslip A Back Art.jpg Star Wars Fullslip B.jpg Star Wars Fullslip B Back Art.jpg Star Wars Lenti Back Art.jpg

Awesome :notworthy::thumbs:

I definitely think you should open at least one of them and swap the steelbook out for the much nicer best buy release:naughty::joy:

Great pick up:notworthy::notworthy::thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
The Good Dinosaur Kimchidvd Collection No.8 FullSlip A1

I had purchased the amaray 3D edition of this movie before any premium packages were announced and thought the movie was OK. So when Kimchi released their premium packages of this title, I decided to pass on them. After seeing @Futurhythm 's Stunning Pictures of the whole Fullslip A1 Package I needed to have it. This package on the mockup does not show how truly breathtaking it is. Luckily it was still in stock so I purchased a copy. After receiving it, I also bought a 1-click as it was just too nice to pass.
I Opened my Fullslip A1, but I did not Open the steel yet for the Bonus art cards. I will do that when I will rewatch the movie. This is such a great Fullslip package to Complement the FAC edition. @Futurhythm 's Pictures are blowing mine out of the water, such great pictures this Ninja has taken really awesome.

Front Fullslip.jpg
Front Fullslip 2.jpg
Back Fullslip.jpg Back Fullslip 2.jpg Dino Package Shot.jpg

Reactions: WKRP
The Jungle Book Taiwan 1/4 Slip (Stunning Shape Slip from Taiwan)

Note: Front Slip appears Darker but it is only because of the Picture. in Hands looks same as the front of Steel.

Jungle Book 1.jpg Jungle Book 2.jpg Jungle Book 3.jpg

What a sweet Release this is :drool: I just Opened it up and so lovely it is. The Depth of the Lenticular is VERY Nice. It is a magnet Lenticular as it holds itself on the front of the Fullslip(when steelbook is inside); Nice that we can remove it and put it right back on the Fullslip. The Fullslip itself is very nice Quality and nice little details to it. WWA Steel for me is Lovely - the back art of the WWA Steel makes me laugh very much when I see it :joy: Once Again HDzeta Produced Another Really High Quality Booklet :oohyeah: It is So nice when it feels like a book(Really love that type of Booklet). Postcards/Character Cards are also High Quality. I like their new Idea of Including the numbering card inside the envelope that holds the Booklet and Postcards at least we don't have to worry as to where we want to put it so it is safe. This Package is Basically a really nice Solid one. Worth every Penny. If carefully done both stickers can be removed from the Shrink wrap :thumbs:

TSLOP - 1.jpg TSLOP - 4.jpg TSLOP - 14.jpg TSLOP - 6.jpg TSLOP - 8.jpg TSLOP - 9.jpg TSLOP - 10.jpg TSLOP - 11.jpg TSLOP - 12.jpg TSLOP - 13.jpg

Last edited:
Alice Through the Looking Glass Nova Choice 014

I am not one that minds Spineless Titles, but oh boy Nova with their ''Flip/Flop Magnet Lenticular'' for the Spine Title is just beyond me. Who would have thought they could have made such narrow Flip/Flop Lentis for the Spine Title and having such nice transition, this is nuts.

And talk about their PET Sleeves, Alice Through the Looking Glass is Definitely the best one I have ever seen(alongside The Good Dinosaur). Really nice added value.

Fullslip treatment feels very Luxurious and the Spot Gloss on the Frame Glass very nice touch as well. High Quality Fullslip and the Book as well, Asian Releases are always the winner with High Quality Book(let).

Alice Sticker.jpg Alice Pet 1.jpg Alice Pet 2.jpg
Alice Book Front.jpg Alice Book Back.jpg Alice Package.jpg

DOCTOR STRANGE WWA Steelbook (Asian Edition)

There comes a steelbook once in a a while that is actually better without a Spine Title and Doctor Strange is one of them. By omitting to add the title, the Steelbook looks like the binding Book from the movie. I find this to be a very thoughtful design to make the book from the movie into the Steelbook Design (as much as they could). This is very creative and adds to how special this little steel is.

The Asian Edition has the embossed jewel on the middle of the steel and the border back and front is embossed as well(North American release doesn't have the embossed Border on back of the Steelbook). Unfortunately the ''back art pattern Design'' doesn't appear to be debossed in any editions.

DS Embossed Border.jpg

DS Front Art.jpg DS Shrink Wrap.jpg

The Double Lenti is Amazing :woot: The Pictures do not do it Justice(sorry)
Really nice depth for the Lenti and the steelbook in hands is pure awesomeness :drool:

Beauty and the Beast 2.jpg
Beauty and the Beast 1.jpg

The Good Dinosaur Kimchidvd Collection No.8 FullSlip A1
I picked up the Filmarena 3D edition while ordering a few other remaining titles in March 2019. This has the best animation I have ever seen. Heck of a pickup, whatever special edition you choose.

Reactions: Actarus
I picked up the Filmarena 3D edition while ordering a few other remaining titles in March 2019. This has the best animation I have ever seen. Heck of a pickup, whatever special edition you choose.

Yes it’s a lovely edition :) love that velvet like finish on that edition from FAC. It’s a must have such a great film ;)

Reactions: WKRP