4K Blu Ray advice

Aug 11, 2021
Hey guys. So I've never really felt the need to get a 4k player but due to me getting into physical collecting I've decided it's time to purchase one. However I want to make sure I make the right choice. I want one that can do Dolby Vision but the only one I could find was 300. If that's all there is then I'll purchase it. But I was wondering if there's any cheaper models that can do Dolby Vision?

Hey guys. So I've never really felt the need to get a 4k player but due to me getting into physical collecting I've decided it's time to purchase one. However I want to make sure I make the right choice. I want one that can do Dolby Vision but the only one I could find was 300. If that's all there is then I'll purchase it. But I was wondering if there's any cheaper models that can do Dolby Vision?
Hey @thrust your based in the UK right? I found a Panasonic that's under 200 GBP that can do both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. It's at Amazon in the UK. Just a quick search found it. If your wanting to import Blu-rays you may want to consider paying a bit extra and get you one of those modified 4K players that is Blu-ray region free like this Panasonic but then your gonna pay 300 GBP for it too but you get the best of both worlds and your not restricted to just region B Blu-rays. Incidentally, this Panasonic also does Dolby Vision like you want as well.

Hey @thrust your based in the UK right? I found a Panasonic that's under 200 GBP that can do both HDR10+ and Dolby Vision. It's at Amazon in the UK. Just a quick search found it. If your wanting to import Blu-rays you may want to consider paying a bit extra and get you one of those modified 4K players that is Blu-ray region free like this Panasonic but then your gonna pay 300 GBP for it too but you get the best of both worlds and your not restricted to just region B Blu-rays. Incidentally, this Panasonic also does Dolby Vision like you want as well.
Thanks a lot for looking this up for me man. I appreciate it. I didn't realise that some blu rays are locked to different regions so it's good to know!

Reactions: Lone Crusader
I fyou also play Blu-Rays better buy 2 seperate ones and use it for the Medium you want to play. I would take a cheap Sony Blu-Ray Player and the Panasonic for HDR.