paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 18, 2020
Purchase links: Abkco Films - Amazon - DiabolikDVD
Price: $54.99 (Abkco) - $72.98 (Amazon) - $72.99 (DiabolikDVD)
Notes: Region A
mail-3-e1591993155976.jpeg

Last edited:
BOX SET CONTENT AND SPECIAL FEATURES

Feature films
Fando Y Lis (1967)
El Topo (1970)
The Holy Mountain (1973)
Psychomagic, A Healing Art (2019)

Short Film
Le Cravate (1957)

Soundtracks
El Topo
The Holy Mountain

Bonus Features
A to Z of The Holy Mountain – Ben Cobb
2019 interview with Alejandro Jodorowsky
Newly filmed interview with Brontis Jodorowsky (El Topo)
Newly filmed interview with Pablo Leder, personal assistant to Alejandro Jodorowsky (El Topo and The Holy Mountain)
New introductions by Columbia University film professor Richard Peña

ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL DETAILS

New 4K restorations on Blu-ray from original 35mm elements
New color corrections supervised by Alejandro Jodorowsky
El Topo first time ever director approved wide screen (1.85:1)
Director commentary tracks
English, French and Spanish subtitles
Book with photos and essays

Note this is the same as Arrow Video UK release

ABKCO Films licenced the films to Arrow for their UK release

Arrow Video UK release is Region B
ABKCO USA release is Region A

The only difference between releases is USA release will have ABKCO labeling on the packaging and have no age ratings logos

Note this is the same as Arrow Video UK release

ABKCO Films licenced the films to Arrow for their UK release

Arrow Video UK release is Region B
ABKCO USA release is Region A

The only difference between releases is USA release will have ABKCO labeling on the packaging and have no age ratings logos

That's good to know. I just want to point out a couple discrepancies in the listings between the U.K. Arrow release and the U.S. ABKCO release of the set that maybe you could help with or confirm:

--I've only seen the reversible sleeves for original artwork for the blu-ray cases in the U.K. Arrow listings, but not in the U.S. ABKCO listings, pictures of them and also listed in the bonus features/additional techincal details. I know reversible sleeves are a thing for just about all Arrow releases, but do you know if the U.S. ABKCO release will also get them being that they're identical?

--The La Constellation Jodorowsky documentary is also listed as a bonus feature in all of the U.K. Arrow listings, but not in the U.S. ABKCO listings. Do you know if that's included as well? It's not accounted for in the runtime, but that could just be because it's considered bonus content and not one of the feature films.

Thanks for any help! Perhaps they are exactly identical, but Arrow Films just did a better/more comprehensive listing of all that's actually included because they're more in the blu-ray distributor market than ABKCO is. Luckily I have a region free blu-ray player, so I could get either one. I would definitely like to save money if I can buy it domestically though.

That's good to know. I just want to point out a couple discrepancies in the listings between the U.K. Arrow release and the U.S. ABKCO release of the set that maybe you could help with or confirm:

--I've only seen the reversible sleeves for original artwork for the blu-ray cases in the U.K. Arrow listings, but not in the U.S. ABKCO listings, pictures of them and also listed in the bonus features/additional techincal details. I know reversible sleeves are a thing for just about all Arrow releases, but do you know if the U.S. ABKCO release will also get them being that they're identical?

--The La Constellation Jodorowsky documentary is also listed as a bonus feature in all of the U.K. Arrow listings, but not in the U.S. ABKCO listings. Do you know if that's included as well? It's not accounted for in the runtime, but that could just be because it's considered bonus content and not one of the feature films.

Thanks for any help! Perhaps they are exactly identical, but Arrow Films just did a better/more comprehensive listing of all that's actually included because they're more in the blu-ray distributor market than ABKCO is. Luckily I have a region free blu-ray player, so I could get either one. I would definitely like to save money if I can buy it domestically though.
ABKCO licenced this release to Arrow
I don't know if USA edition has reversible sleeves

Best to contact ABKCO to find out if La Constellation Jodorowsky documentary is included

Reactions: mont3818