Amazon (Non-US) - Retailer Thread [Multiple]

amazonlogo.jpg

Feel free to discuss any service, shipping and other matters related to the international (non-US) Amazon sites here. Share feedback, discuss packaging, etc.

Contact links for...

Amazon France for 2. Sélectionnez un problème select the Contact Us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Germany for 2. Bitte wählen Sie ein Thema select the Write to us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Spain for 2. Selecciona un problema select the Would you like some help in English? option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Italy for 2. Seleziona un argomento select the Email Us in English option from the dropdown list.

ORIGINALY reported by Buffalo MX

Hey guys! Wanted to share this with my fellow US & Canada members.

I suppose some of our European members can benefit from this as well.

I think this is very news worthy for all us steelbook collectors, so it deserves it's own thread for now. :scat:

I just got an order in from amazon.de and I was very surprised at the SIZE
of the box that appeared, just for 6 steelbooks. Well, it appears that for any
NEW release, that they haven't packaged up yet or a catalog release that might be on backorder (like my order of Judge Dredd was), they have a new box. EEK! :oohyeah:

We all remember that the package had been improved recently to bubble wrap inside a foldover box. :movie:

Well, now there is a new box, frustration free packaging, SPECIFICALLY labeled for steelbooks / metal packaging. :drool:

Pics below of the box, before opening and then after I opened it.
105_3955.jpg

105_3956.jpg

105_3957.jpg

105_3958.jpg

105_3959.jpg

105_3960.jpg

Last edited:
EU customers using Amazon UK

Amazon UK have now updated their website in regards to EU customers

UK vat removed from price at checkout if value of goods less than €22

EU the dropping of €22 to avoid Vat does not happen until July 1st 2021
So for next few months for customers based in EU ordering from Amazon UK goods with value €22 or less will be cheaper than it was previously

Amazon UK
Where goods have a value of more than €22
UK Vat removed at checkout but you will see import fee deposit applied at checkout instead
Import fee deposit is basically Vat and is your EU country vate rate that is used

As I get free shipping with Amazon Prime I will be saving 20% on products with price that are €22 or less for a few months as no vat payment required.

Do you think ZAVVI will update its store? So far it seems that only Amazon adjusted while some of the labels even went step further and removed shipping to EU.

Do you think ZAVVI will update its store? So far it seems that only Amazon adjusted while some of the labels even went step further and removed shipping to EU.
Some smaller label based retailers based outside EU may decide to not ship to EU as they have to register for a Vat ID with revenue in delivery country and involves a payment to do this
Retailers based outside EU that do a lot of business in EU countries will mostly apply the changes but you may see some leave it late and result for a period no EU delivery options at various stages on some products

I don't expect Zavvi at the moment will but they will have apply local EU country vat at checkout from July 1st 2021

I expect that will only happen when UK and EU countries customs revenue and postal operators make them do it

The important part of this is that Zavvi will have to remove UK 20% vat from price at checkout before they apply EU countries local Vat rate from July 1st 2021

Zavvi say only UK delivery address the price includes Vat but they have never removed the 20% UK vat from list price for customers based outside UK at checkout.
This has resulted in some customers based in some EU countries customs looking for Vat payment when delivering
Zavvi have been basically gaining 20% on purchases where delivery is outside UK as they not passed on the Vat to revenue with EU purchases

Zavvi been based in Guernsey is not a excusse they can use from July 1st 2021 as all e-Commerce websties based outside EU that want to ship to a EU address must apply local EU country vat rate at checkout

Zavvi will not be allowed to charge vat twice so they will have no choice to remove UK 20% vat rate at checkout before appling a EU country Vat rate

At the moment Zavvi say product listing which has for example £15.99 already includes Vat for UK but does not for outside UK

Zavvi been using a very laim excuse for now that the same price of £15.99 for customers based outside UK it includes international insurance costs instead

That is bull and is not allowed and won't be accepted from July 1st 2021 by EU

Zavvi for years been doing dubious Vat avoidance by been based in Guernsey that ends from July 1st 2021

Last edited:
Amazon is being forced to temporarily close their fulfilment center in Brampton, Ontario, Canada due to a COVID outbreak. All employees must self isolate for 2 weeks.

Of course, Amazon is appealing the decision.

• Wow
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Amazon will launch its first fulfilment centre in the Republic of Ireland in 2022
That will also mean a Amazon Ireland Website

The new Baldonnel centre will allow Amazon to bypass the UK and avoid any delays or extra charges due to Brexit rules. It will also handle deliveries for Northern Ireland.
The 630,000 square foot centre at Baldonnell Business Park, Dublin, will hold millions of items to be picked, packed and shipped to customers across Ireland as well as the rest of Europe

Last edited:
Amazon Ireland New fulfilment center in Baldonnell Business Park is now operating since August

Lot of items are next day delivery now if item you are ordering that stock is in Baldonnell

No plans at the moment to have a separate Amazon Ireland Website from UK but that could change

I have noticed the difference on lot of orders this month was next day delivery

Note not every product that amazon sell will be at Baldonnell some items will still come from UK fulfilment centers or EU fulfilment centers in France/Germany

Amazon Ireland New fulfilment center in Baldonnell Business Park is now operating since August

Lot of items are next day delivery now if item you are ordering that stock is in Baldonnell

No plans at the moment to have a separate Amazon Ireland Website from UK but that could change

I have noticed the difference on lot of orders this month was next day delivery

Note not every product that amazon sell will be at Baldonnell some items will still come from UK fulfilment centers or EU fulfilment centers in France/Germany

Would we still have to pay the import tax if ordering from an Irish Amazon site as the stuff is coming from the UK?

Would we still have to pay the import tax if ordering from an Irish Amazon site as the stuff is coming from the UK?
Nothing has changed you always paid Irish 23% Vat on orders when using Amazon Websites

You still use Amazon UK Website or the other Amazon EU Websites

Amazon UK always remove UK vat from price at checkout and then apply Irish vat rate

The same happens on the other Amazon EU websites
Example Amazon Germany remove German vat from price then apply Irish 23% vat rate

That's items where Amazon is the seller or a item is fulfilled by amazon

It's no different to going into a High Street Shop in Ireland or ordering from a Irish online website goods you pay for include Irish Vat

All that changing is faster delivery due to some orders been shipped from Ireland

Some product might still have import duty will mostly apply to Electrical Goods if item not shipped direct from Ireland but from UK
This would be electrical goods not manfactured in UK/EU
Example TV's made in China and shipped from UK would still attract Customs Import Duty as well as Irish Vat
Amazon apply Import Duty at checkout when it applies
You would not have customs look for payment as you pay this when ordering

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
After 3 years of avoidance cuz of constantly receiving damaged covers from Amazon UK shipping in cardboard mailers, I took the courage of ordering a boxset thinking that cuz of its thickness, it would be shipped in a carton box and hopefully with some padding. To my horror, the boxset arrived in a cardboard mailer again! As usual the slip box was creased and crushed by the folding of the cardboard mailer itself. I wrote Cust Service and the rep promised it would not happen again. But I’m not hopeful as I’ve been through this same story again and again in the past.

Has any Ninja found a way to get Amazon UK to ship slip boxes and box sets in a carton box?

To Republic of Ireland Members

Amazon UK orders
If you parcel was sent using amazon logistics carrier

If tracking shows as delivered handed to resident and you wondering where is your parcel

I had a parcel today showing as delivered and was wondering where it was

If you have a An Post Delivery Box the parcel might be in this
Usually only An Post postman and person at delivery address have key to access this Delivery Box

Amazon Prime Drivers now might have a key for An Post Delivery Box or carrier instead is changed to An Post when it's out for delivery without customer been informed of a change who is doing delivery.

I will ask Prime Delivery Van driver on Friday or Saturday if this is now happening as I have delivery due by amazon logistics van driver on those days this week

All tracking details only had listed carrier Amazon logistics usual details from dispatch to out for delivery.

A amazon logistics tracking number won't show up on An Post Tracking if they change who's doing delivery

Update
Amazon Prime drivers don't have key to access An Post Delivery Box

My delivery I got on Thursday
After my parcel arrived at Amazon Delivery warehouse in Dublin there was a change of carrier from Amazon logistics to An Post doing my delivery but tracking did not show this

Amazon gave me 2 months Prime subscription refund due the inconvenience this situation caused