Amazon (Non-US) - Retailer Thread [Multiple]

amazonlogo.jpg

Feel free to discuss any service, shipping and other matters related to the international (non-US) Amazon sites here. Share feedback, discuss packaging, etc.

Contact links for...

Amazon France for 2. Sélectionnez un problème select the Contact Us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Germany for 2. Bitte wählen Sie ein Thema select the Write to us in English option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Spain for 2. Selecciona un problema select the Would you like some help in English? option from the dropdown list.
Amazon Italy for 2. Seleziona un argomento select the Email Us in English option from the dropdown list.

ORIGINALY reported by Buffalo MX

Hey guys! Wanted to share this with my fellow US & Canada members.

I suppose some of our European members can benefit from this as well.

I think this is very news worthy for all us steelbook collectors, so it deserves it's own thread for now. :scat:

I just got an order in from amazon.de and I was very surprised at the SIZE
of the box that appeared, just for 6 steelbooks. Well, it appears that for any
NEW release, that they haven't packaged up yet or a catalog release that might be on backorder (like my order of Judge Dredd was), they have a new box. EEK! :oohyeah:

We all remember that the package had been improved recently to bubble wrap inside a foldover box. :movie:

Well, now there is a new box, frustration free packaging, SPECIFICALLY labeled for steelbooks / metal packaging. :drool:

Pics below of the box, before opening and then after I opened it.
105_3955.jpg

105_3956.jpg

105_3957.jpg

105_3958.jpg

105_3959.jpg

105_3960.jpg

Last edited:
Amazon UK are now back taking orders if you are based outside EU
Some releases might still be restricted to UK/Europe only

Amazon USA are also now back taking orders if you are based outside USA

See my note about shipping option at checkout in Amazon USA thread

• Informative
Reactions: DMD4k
Amazon UK are now back taking orders if you are based outside EU
Some releases might still be restricted to UK/Europe only

Amazon USA are also now back taking orders if you are based outside USA

See my note about shipping option at checkout in Amazon USA thread

Would this mean my Amazon UK order of "Revenge" (the Second Sight release) will be delayed? It hasn't been dispatched yet, but I think today is technically the release date

Would this mean my Amazon UK order of "Revenge" (the Second Sight release) will be delayed? It hasn't been dispatched yet, but I think today is technically the release date
Existing pre orders done before amazon stopped taking pre orders to some countries are still been processed.

Your order will have a estimated delivery date you go by this not the release date

Delivery delays will still happen due to covid-19 even for those based in UK not just EU or other countries.
Estimated delivery dates can change multiple times due to amazon warehouses needing to process essential goods orders this changes daily.

When your order is dispatched you might see earlier or later than previous estimated delivery date this will depend on which postal carrier was used.

My order also not shipped yet as my estimated delivery date is not until May 19th to May 21st
This estimated delivery date can change when my order finally gets dispatched.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cinlabyrinth
That's one thing I would never do. :LOL:
a friend of mine had to return a steelbook 5 times because the replacement they sent him always came damaged in a mailer.

Haha, I gave up buying steelbooks from Amazon years ago. Do Amazon UK and EU still use the special box packaging for steelbook sometimes?

Royal Mail has halted deliveries to Europe, except for the Republic of Ireland, due to a UK travel ban triggered by the discovery of a new faster spreading coronavirus strain.

Amazon UK have cancelled all my pre orders
These was 2021 releases

I will test their website after January 1st to see what happens on instock items

does anyone know what will happen with these pre-order restrictions? you still can't pre-order anything if you order from "abroad".
Most items after release date once they are instock been able to order

The issue with Amazon UK should improve later in 2021
You may continue to see some items at various stages not be available with your delivery address especially with pre order items

Most items after release date once they are instock been able to order

The issue with Amazon UK should improve later in 2021
You may continue to see some items at various stages not be available with your delivery address especially with pre order items

i don't understand the restrictions and they are more than annoying. they cause you to miss out on products when they are already sold out before release.
as a customer from switzerland, i can no longer pre-order from amazon. not from the UK, not from Germany or Switzerland, Italy, France or Spain.

i don't understand the restrictions and they are more than annoying. they cause you to miss out on products when they are already sold out before release.
as a customer from switzerland, i can no longer pre-order from amazon. not from the UK, not from Germany or Switzerland, Italy, France or Spain.
UK leaving EU Custums Union and Single Market is the reason and covid-19 also a reason for why some items not available at various stages

I do understand them. World does not spin around blu-ray's. Brit's voted how they did. (Wrong IMO)

Where are you based ?

I live in Finland and it seems I have no problem getting stuff from UK, US, Germany, Sweden ... Only takes a bit longer at times.

It it what it is ...

I do understand them. World does not spin around blu-ray's. Brit's voted how they did. (Wrong IMO)

Where are you based ?

I live in Finland and it seems I have no problem getting stuff from UK, US, Germany, Sweden ... Only takes a bit longer at times.

It it what it is ...
i'm from switzerland and for a few weeks/months now, I have no longer been able to place pre-orders with any European Amazon.
Amazon customer services claim that this is nothing out of the ordinary and has always been the case. Which is not true. It is obviously Covid-related.

Wasn't now made somekind of arrangement so EU and GB can trade without import charges being done and VAT...
Won't now be same as before no these charges...

Wasn't now made somekind of arrangement so EU and GB can trade without import charges being done and VAT...
Won't now be same as before no these charges...
No
Trade deal is to do with Tarriffs and Quotas on goods moving between EU and UK
As in UK and EU business wanting to sell goods to each other in UK/EU

Trade deal has nothing to due with vat or customs duty due on purchases made by customers.

UK from 11PM tonight December 31st 2020 is no longer in EU Customs Union or EU Single Market
Exception Northern Ireland remain in EU Single Market but only in regards to Rep of Ireland this is to make sure there is no hard border between Rep of Ireland and Northern Ireland and keep the existing free movement of goods between Rep of Ireland and Northern Ireland this part of the brexit deal

Note
Customers based Rep of Ireland and Northern Ireland ordering from retailers based in Rep of Ireland and Northern Ireland no changes Vat only on purchase as previously no customs duty

Customers ordering goods online
UK from 1st January 2021

Vat is payable on goods imported in UK from EU and other countries based outside UK
UK January 1st the £15 threshold to avoid vat on imports is gone
Vat payable on full cost off imported goods
You will also have customs duty if imported goods value is over £135

EU From January 1st 2021
Vat is payable on goods imported from UK
Also Customs duty is payable on imported goods with a value over €150
From July 1st 2021 the €22 threshold to avoid vat on imports is gone
Vat payable on full cost of goods from July 1st 2021 in EU on goods imported from outside EU

Most good EU and UK online retailers will apply your local country vat rate at checkout on purchases
On-line retailers that don't apply vat at checkout parcel courier/postal companies will look for vat payment when delivering goods

When it's custums duty payable goods with value over £135/€150 the collection of custums duty payment will be when postal carrier is delivering goods to customer
You will also have parcel courier handling fee for collection of payment

Note
Vat and Customs Duty are not the same

Some retailers have to update their websites systems due UK leaving EU customs union and EU single market as this changes how vat is applied on purchases
On-line retailers and on-line marketplace (That includes the likes of Ebay etc ) as in all e-Commerce websites will now have to apply customers local country vat rate at checkout for customers based in EU ordering goods from UK and UK customers ordering goods from EU
Some EU/UK retailers not got this setup yet or done correctly

From July 1st 2021 vat at checkout this will also apply to all e-Commerce websites based outside EU/UK on purchases to customers based in EU/UK
As in all on-line marketplace based outside EU/UK including those that facilitate purchase of goods and been shipped to customers based in EU/UK if value of goods is under £135/€150 they will be responsible for collecting Vat on those purchases and will need to register for a Vat ID in delivery country so collection of the vat payments can be received.
The purpose of this is to no longer have customs in EU country or UK be looking for Vat payment as Vat will be be paid at checkout with website that facilitate purchase of goods ordered by customer.

Also applies to On-line purchases from outside EU/UK imported into EU/UK If value of goods over £135/€150 postal carrier or courier company will collect customs duty payment from customer when delivering goods

Reactions: 5t33lb0y