Amazon US - SteelBook Retailer Thread

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 16.36.31.png

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Amazon USA?
A) Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

Q) I haven't mastered English yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE >> Fill in details>> click on 'create account'>> Done!

Q) Do they ship outside of USA?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example 1 steelbook to UK:

Standard International Shipping (averages 18-32 business days) £4
AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping (averages 8-14 business days) £7
AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping AmazonGlobal Priority Shipping (averages 2-4 days) £17

*Tip*
Standard shipping normally only takes a few days to arrive via Fedex

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Jiffy Bags for small orders, cardboard for large, with hardly - if any - bubble wrap, see below: (Thanks to Slinchafi for pics)

Just received four steels from amazon.com in the dumbest packaging possible.

First two arrived in this:

20130708083510.jpg

20130708083521.jpg

As you can see, no extra protection inside the padded envelope.

The remaining two:

20130708083605.jpg

20130708083632.jpg

And the box was already starting to come apart on the bottom:

20130708083722.jpg

Miraculously, apart from two tiny paint chips on one steel all of them are mint.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) No, they list full item price. It's sometimes cheaper if ninjas have their items sent to a USA friend/ninja and then forwarded on to their address.

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon dispatch

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card / Store Card / Gift card / Checking Account (US only)

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Amazon in general have the best customer service but some of the worst packaging in North America.

Cancellations: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - follow on screen instructions

Replacements: Your account >> > Sign In > My Orders - Return or replace Items >> follow on screen instructions.

Keep in mind that if the item is out of stock, discontinued, and is not available for exchange, your order will be cancelled and will be refunded.

Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been that way for US customers for a very long time already (plus they recently up'ed the minimum purchase to $35 to get free shipping). Just out of curiosity how much is Amazon's cheapest shipping option to the UK for a single steel?

Just received Gran Torino from Amazon US and the postage was £4.09, arrived in a jiffy but apart from a small paint chip on the back it is mint, Steel was only £5.66, so cannot complain at £9.75 shipped.

Wow
Something has changed with AmazonUSA

Delivery times to Rep of Ireland
3 very recent orders placed on 3rd/4th May and 6th May
Delivered on 13th and 14th May
One Order shipped on the 6th arrived on the 13th
5 working days :thumbs:

That's a lot quicker than previous orders which usually took minimum 14 Working Days

All were standard international delivery

I placed an order for a Scarface steelbook last week and it arrived with a corner dinge and some scuffs, I think the packaging was good enough, a V3 Card Envelope, feels sturdy and has a layer of support around the steelbook, a lot better than the A1 mailers, not a match for the UK steelbook packaging. There was no damages on the parcel, the damage seems to be from Amazon Warehouse.

I contacted them under Contact us and picked chat, within seconds there was someone helping me, I stated the damages and that I was an overseas customer in the UK, after that they appologised and I was offered a refund or replacement, I had already checked and the steelbook was in stock again, customer service informed me of this too, so I went for the replacement. The good part is I do not need to return the item. Good customer service again from Amazon, I had problems with an order previously and decided to get a refund they did not ask me to send the items back then as well.

I'm hoping that the steelbook will be in better condition as they are getting stock again and I hope they use the same packaging.

I know this is non steelbok related but if you use amazon US to pay import fee deposit, how do you know how much fees was charged after you get the item?

Has anyone noticed today that Amazon.us are not shipping many blu ray items to the UK anymore? :stop: Even items I have ordered in the last couple of weeks and which have arrived are no longer being shipped to the UK by Amazon. What is going on?

Its most likely just a glitch in there system happened before last year was sorted in a few days
I would check back in a few days

I still can't order. :(
Glitch is back again
Its to do with some products they cant now export from USA but Blu-Ray/DVD are not part of the restriction it will be fixed at some stage give it a few hours or next few days should be back to normal then

Since dispatch ive had an estimated delivery date of nov 7th but this morning my tracking updated to out for delivery but date still hasnt changed. Is this normal? And, is it most likely to arrive before Friday

Need you guys advice.

Because Amazon sent the Steelbook of The Big Lebowski in just a paper envelope, it arrived heavily damaged (ofcourse). I sent them pictures of the battered Steel and they demanded to have it sent back. If they wouldn't receive it within 30 days they would charge me twice (onces for the damaged item and once for the replacement) AND (and here comes the 'funny' part): they demanded it to be shipped back in a carefully packed BOX. I sent it back but also sent them an e-mail in which I expressed my surprise since the whole problem wouldn't have occured if THEY used proper packaging THEMSELVES. Three days later I received a message stating it's no longer needed to send back the damaged item 0_O However, the order status still says 'we areexpecting your return'.

1) Who is lying? The service team which handles the incoming e-mails or the team behind the website?
2) Why do they threaten to charge you twice costs if you don't return but say you don't have to send back anything afterwards? Is that so they don't have to reimburse their $15 returning costs?

Need you guys advice.

Because Amazon sent the Steelbook of The Big Lebowski in just a paper envelope, it arrived heavily damaged (ofcourse). I sent them pictures of the battered Steel and they demanded to have it sent back. If they wouldn't receive it within 30 days they would charge me twice (onces for the damaged item and once for the replacement) AND (and here comes the 'funny' part): they demanded it to be shipped back in a carefully packed BOX. I sent it back but also sent them an e-mail in which I expressed my surprise since the whole problem wouldn't have occured if THEY used proper packaging THEMSELVES. Three days later I received a message stating it's no longer needed to send back the damaged item 0_O However, the order status still says 'we areexpecting your return'.

1) Who is lying? The service team which handles the incoming e-mails or the team behind the website?
2) Why do they threaten to charge you twice costs if you don't return but say you don't have to send back anything afterwards? Is that so they don't have to reimburse their $15 returning costs?

Just keep the email message stating it's no longer needed to send back just in case they do debit your card again

I doubt they will debit your card again as I have had same before told to keep my damaged copy and usual give to charity or a friend but in my account it still has expecting a return
I still not had my card debited for the replacement order and that was in may 2014

Your covered if you keep the email telling you to you don't have to return the damaged item

Reactions: Helios
All 3 Lord Of The Rings Steels are still $7.99 each on Amazon.com, just thought I'd give a heads up to those on the fence worried about customs, I ordered all 3 together and they arrived today customs free , came to £9.33 each, all mint condition
HMRC can't check every package, especially at this time of year, but just because you were lucky doesn't mean anyone else well be.