Anyone still have these Custom Steel templates?

Hey!

Does anyone by any chance still have these templates Conceptual SteelBook Art - Photoshop Templates + Tutorial

The drop box links are dead for me,

Many thanks in advance
Yeah sorry about that Dropbox locked me out and disabled my account, said something to the effect that I had illegal content on my Dropbox. I said that's a straight out lie and told them to prove it and they said that they couldn't disclose anything without being legally bound. Blah Blah Blah. Whatever... I now have the files on my Synology server and they can be accesses through the same links so you can try them now. Anymore issues with them just let me know.
Thanks Nick. :)

Yeah Dropbox really burned me hard for what they did and was a major blow to personal files. I had video files that were transferred from Super8 to modern media files by a professional transferring company and paid a few thousand dollars to have it done because I had a lot of video. I mean stuff like early Christmas mornings when I was just a little boy or a day at the beach with my mom and uncle I was like 4 years old but there were dozens of such videos and now their all gone. Dropbox encourages you now to keep everything in the cloud and you no longer need to keep anything on your drive so you can free up space but according to their TOS they have the right to close and disable your account whenever they deem fit to do so for no reason whatsoever. I mean this is Dropbox were talking about here, the most sought after cloud file hosting service on the internet, pffttt!

So after Googling how to reclaim my account I found hundreds of others that have suffered the same fate as me and also to learn that once it's disabled there's no getting your files back. I was the only one in the family with all of those past memory files and my family is PISSED at not just Dropbox but at me. I mean I got rid of ALL of the hard copies because I just didn't have room for them anymore. It wasn't just those but 100s of software files with activation keys that I paid money for, thousands of dollars worth that I paid my hard earned money for, thousands of photos of my children growing up to present time. Everything gone in just a blip.

Now I've pretty much convinced all my family that had a Dropbox or any cloud file hosting service account to get their files fast and download them and cancel that service and I've almost convinced most of my friends to do the same. When you start thinking about it if someone at Dropbox wanted something I had and wanted to steal it all they'd had to do is plant an illegal file within my files and then claim that it was mine just to cover their butt, there would be no way to prove it wasn't mine. They could do that to anybody which leads me to my next concern was if that's what their claiming it would imply that they are also viewing people personal files. So yeah that makes you step back and wonder if someone could maliciously gain access to your computer it doesn't hold a candle to someone maliciously accessing your cloud files. There you have it. If you have any kind of cloud file hosting service whether it be Dropbox or Microsoft OneDrive or any one of a hundred different ones out there, your files are not private and are available to prying eyes, I encourage you to get your files back and cancel the service immediately. Now I use my Synology server and run a cloud server on it and use it to sync my files, nice thing is that it has redundancy as well so if a drive fails I'm still safe and can replace it and keep going.

Last edited:
Yeah sorry about that Dropbox locked me out and disabled my account, said something to the effect that I had illegal content on my Dropbox. I said that's a straight out lie and told them to prove it and they said that they couldn't disclose anything without being legally bound. Blah Blah Blah. Whatever... I now have the files on my Synology server and they can be accesses through the same links so you can try them now. Anymore issues with them just let me know.

Thank you so much for your time and the files, greatly appreciated

Dan

Reactions: Lone Crusader

Yeah Dropbox really burned me hard for what they did and was a major blow to personal files. I had video files that were transferred from Super8 to modern media files by a professional transferring company and paid a few thousand dollars to have it done because I had a lot of video. I mean stuff like early Christmas mornings when I was just a little boy or a day at the beach with my mom and uncle I was like 4 years old but there were dozens of such videos and now their all gone. Dropbox encourages you now to keep everything in the cloud and you no longer need to keep anything on your drive so you can free up space but according to their TOS they have the right to close and disable your account whenever they deem fit to do so for no reason whatsoever. I mean this is Dropbox were talking about here, the most sought after cloud file hosting service on the internet, pffttt!

So after Googling how to reclaim my account I found hundreds of others that have suffered the same fate as me and also to learn that once it's disabled there's no getting your files back. I was the only one in the family with all of those past memory files and my family is PISSED at not just Dropbox but at me. I mean I got rid of ALL of the hard copies because I just didn't have room for them anymore. It wasn't just those but 100s of software files with activation keys that I paid money for, thousands of dollars worth that I paid my hard earned money for, thousands of photos of my children growing up to present time. Everything gone in just a blip.

Now I've pretty much convinced all my family that had a Dropbox or any cloud file hosting service account to get their files fast and download them and cancel that service and I've almost convinced most of my friends to do the same. When you start thinking about it if someone at Dropbox wanted something I had and wanted to steal it all they'd had to do is plant an illegal file within my files and then claim that it was mine just to cover their butt, there would be no way to prove it wasn't mine. They could do that to anybody which leads me to my next concern was if that's what their claiming it would imply that they are also viewing people personal files. So yeah that makes you step back and wonder if someone could maliciously gain access to your computer it doesn't hold a candle to someone maliciously accessing your cloud files. There you have it. If you have any kind of cloud file hosting service whether it be Dropbox or Microsoft OneDrive or any one of a hundred different ones out there, your files are not private and are available to prying eyes, I encourage you to get your files back and cancel the service immediately. Now I use my Synology server and run a cloud server on it and use it to sync my files, nice thing is that it has redundancy as well so if a drive fails I'm still safe and can replace it and keep going.
Damn, sorry to hear that man... that truly sucks! I had a similar experience with Photobucket some years ago and also lost all my files, so since then I've always just backed up the important stuff on USBs and don't use the "cloud" at all nowadays, since we obviously can't trust anyone but ourselves.