Mondo Apocalypse Now Poster by Bob Peak. Screenprint Production by Jason Edmiston, Jon Smith, and Shane Mahn

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
We have done a handful of screenprinted poster reproductions over the years, but Bob Peak’s APOCALYPSE NOW might be our favorite. After receiving high-quality files from American Zoetrope, we brought in Jason Edmiston to handle color separations alongside our own Jon Smith. Shane Mahn beautifully reproduced the billing block, and Bob’s son Matthew Peak helped as an extra set of eyes to ensure the final poster felt true to his father's original art. What we got back from DL Screenprinting is nothing short of remarkable.

If you’re a fan of this film or this piece of artwork, we promise you won’t be disappointed with this new, deluxe screenprinted version. It was a tall order, but we think we’ve done this one justice.

From Jason Edmiston:
"I've been a fan of Bob Peak's artwork for a long time. When I was in grade school, I'd hang out in the library and study books about movie poster art. Bob's pieces were instantly recognizable, and stood head and shoulders above many of his contemporary's works. His work elevated the medium to high art in my opinion. He eschewed photo-realism, by accentuating features, and exaggerating forms to enhance scenes and characters, making them appear how they felt in our minds, rather than how they appeared in reality. His abstraction and artistic flourishes added drama and excitement not often achieved in painted one sheets.

Available Thursday, 4/29 at 11 AM Central on The Drop.

1.png
APOCALYPSE NOW Poster by Bob Peak. Screenprint Production by Jason Edmiston, Jon Smith, and Shane Mahn. Printed by DL Screenprinting. 24" x 36". Edition of 425. Ships worldwide, in 3-5 days. $100.

"Oh..Fu*k ! Still in Saigon !"

hqdefault.jpg

This is my favorite movie ever done. Hands down.

But as it is can not afford. Sorry.

Thank you for the chance to own this awesome poster.
Love this site.

Reactions: zeebeer
Saw the video about all the layers they put on this thing - really is quite intersting to see how far screen printing has evolved, even over the last few years.

• Informative
Reactions: Wreck
Gone in 10 seconds. Absolutely ridiculous the way they're perfectly happy with bots running the show.

Reactions: MM3
Gone in 10 seconds. Absolutely ridiculous the way they're perfectly happy with bots running the show.
Yeah, they really always want a sell out. Bottleneck has done some interesting stuff before that has helped.

Tip for other folks out there, never use paypal, it takes too long to checkout that way. Always use a credit card for Mondo.

Reactions: MM3 and spass
Yeah, they really always want a sell out. Bottleneck has done some interesting stuff before that has helped.

Tip for other folks out there, never use paypal, it takes too long to checkout that way. Always use a credit card for Mondo.

True. Bottleneck are really doing something with the bots/re-sellers, cancelling orders and outs them on twitter. I love that.

Reactions: MM3 and apsmith21

Does the Mondo account store your cc info, or do you have to type/copy it in quickly for each purchase? I can't remember.

I kept refreshing the page until the poster showed up on the site. Then I quickly added it to my cart and it was instantly listed as sold out. I couldn't make sense of it. In the past I was usually able to get the posters that I wanted, but when they added "the drop," it seems like that all changed.

@spass Very Nice Mate :thumbs: Been keeping my eyes peeled for one on ebay, Definitely one that I want to own :D

• Friendly
Reactions: spass
Thanks mate. Really like it. Hope you get it eventually. :thumbs:
Haha, cheers mate :thumbs: I eventually will it just depends on what I'm looking to shell out in it LOL.
I'll wait a little while to see if I can pick one up at a decent price then if not ill just pick one up at the going rate :LOL: :whistle:

Reactions: spass