Arrival (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (WeET Collection Exclusive No. 17) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: April 14, 2023
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2 - Lenti - Quarter Slip
Price: $245 (Box Set) - $54.99 (Full Slip A1) - $52.99 (Full Slip A2 - Lenti) - $51.99 (Quarter Slip)

334153441_5912047155537823_6235440416153712781_n.jpeg327154262_896611578275317_4150376001568412903_n.jpeg334590733_3606845489560964_7691717178059750032_n.jpeg334267202_1229602744608737_2567165776265687717_n.jpeg334160935_228960836245946_9039519108438670732_n.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be that it's just so on brand for me. Anything thats clever time travel scifi that isn't b movie cringe is a winner.
But it wasn’t clever. It was stupid.

I love sci fi and time travel. When done well. It was just Hollywood blockbuster for me. Had zero style. Massive difference from moon, massive step down.
Obviously don’t have his dads creativity

But I am going to watch it again this week. See if it changes

Reactions: Punker76
But it wasn’t clever. It was stupid.

I love sci fi and time travel. When done well. It was just Hollywood blockbuster for me. Had zero style. Massive difference from moon, massive step down.

But I am going to watch it again this week. See if it changes
I mean it's wasn't like, wtf I didn't see what coming clever, but it wasn't mindless popcorn shtt either. I thought it was a clever enough concept myself and I enjoyed it. Not as deep as moon, but it's a totally different kind of film and isn't supposed to be.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I don't really understand anything you've written here. "Arrival" is a Hollywood blockbuster? It has NOTHING a blockbuster should have. It is slow, it is complex, it is thoughtful, it asks moral questions and looks beautiful, not even mentioning the stunning score. Are you comparing "Arrival" to "Moonfall" or "Independence Day"? And whose father are you talking about????? The excellent "Moon" was done by a famous son indeed (but what good movie has Duncan Jones done after Moon....?), but I have no idea how creative Denys Villeneuve's father is or was....

I don't really understand anything you've written here. "Arrival" is a Hollywood blockbuster? It has NOTHING a blockbuster should have. It is slow, it is complex, it is thoughtful, it asks moral questions and looks beautiful, not even mentioning the stunning score. Are you comparing "Arrival" to "Moonfall" or "Independence Day"? And whose father are you talking about????? The excellent "Moon" was done by a famous son indeed (but what good movie has Duncan Jones done after Moon....?), but I have no idea how creative Denys Villeneuve's father is or was....
LOL

I wasn’t even talking about Arrival pal. Arrival is a masterpiece. Read the interaction again.

You ask me who’s father I’m talking about and then mention Moon was made by a famous son indeed. That’s of course exactly who I’m talking about

The whole conversation was about Neil blomkamp and Duncan Jones. Not arrival

Reactions: Mararagan
LOL

I wasn’t even talking about Arrival pal. Arrival is a masterpiece. Read the interaction again.

You ask me who’s father I’m talking about and then mention Moon was made by a famous son indeed. That’s of course exactly who I’m talking about

The whole conversation was about Neil blomkamp and Duncan Jones. Not arrival
My bad, couldn't imagine anybody not liking Arrival. Blomkamp CAN be compared with Jones to be honest. Amazing first film and then a "meh" follow-up and an unbelievably bad 3rd one :rofl:
SORRYYYYY!

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
Agreed. Source code is fab. Better than moon imo.. it was after that he blipped out. Did nothing for 5 years, then warcraft :vomit:
Mute is pretty good.

I thought Blomkamp was going to be the next big Sci Fi director because district 9 was so good but then he just made utter sh!te. Elysium and chappie were so crap. Cool visuals etc but boring films.

Same with Duncan Jones after moon. Both instantly became disappointing directors
Wow, you don't like these, don't like Nolan's recent films, what do you like?

Mute is pretty good.

Wow, you don't like these, don't like Nolan's recent films, what do you like?
I like really good sci fi/ horror/ psychological movies.

And even better when the 3 are combined

But for me both moon and district 9 were so incredible for debut movies of both directors they just massively fell off straight after. But like I said before I do praise the other 2 blomkamp films visually. Just found them boring. Duncan Jones went from indie director to Hollywood in one movie and it was the worst move he could of made

Nolan used to be one of my favourite directors but he’s not made anything decent since inception imo. I just find him and his movies pretentious or ridiculous now. I’m looking forward to Oppenheimer though

I like really good sci fi/ horror/ psychological movies.

And even better when the 3 are combined

But for me both moon and district 9 were so incredible for debut movies of both directors they just massively fell off straight after. But like I said before I do praise the other 2 blomkamp films visually. Just found them boring. Duncan Jones went from indie director to Hollywood in one movie and it was the worst move he could of made

Nolan used to be one of my favourite directors but he’s not made anything decent since inception imo. I just find him and his movies pretentious or ridiculous now. I’m looking forward to Oppenheimer though
What about Gatacca and In time?

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Neil Blomkamp seems to be one of those one hit wonders directors, they make a very nice debut and after that it goes downhill.
Elysium was trash, Chappie....I like to forget from my memory.

you got a lot of directors who make a brilliant debut and then thats it, they gassed out.
Look at Little Miss Sunshine a beautiful movie might be in my top 20 of all time.
Debut film of directing duo Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris....and after that nothing.
they made Little miss sunshine in 2006 and then 3 more films (Ruby Sparks, Battle of the sexes, Living with Yourself) and as of 2019 nothing.

Jared hess the director of Napoleon Dynamite, brilliant debut film then he goes on to make Nacho libre which I hated and then a bunch of forgettable flops

What about Gatacca and In time?
That's another great director whose debut film one could say was the best, kind of unappreciated nowadays, Andrew Niccol, he wrote Gattaca, The Truman Show, SimOne, In Time, Anon, and a couple of war movies (Lord of War and Good Kill).
His movies underperformed the last decade, but I still hope for more awesome sci-fi from him!

Neil Blomkamp seems to be one of those one hit wonders directors, they make a very nice debut and after that it goes downhill.
Elysium was trash, Chappie....I like to forget from my memory.

you got a lot of directors who make a brilliant debut and then thats it, they gassed out.
Look at Little Miss Sunshine a beautiful movie might be in my top 20 of all time.
Debut film of directing duo Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris....and after that nothing.
they made Little miss sunshine in 2006 and then 3 more films (Ruby Sparks, Battle of the sexes, Living with Yourself) and as of 2019 nothing.

Jared hess the director of Napoleon Dynamite, brilliant debut film then he goes on to make Nacho libre which I hated and then a bunch of forgettable flops
Didn't neill Blomkamp also write love death and robots with Robert Rodriguez or was that someone else?

Edit: yeah it's David Fincher and Tim Miller lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Billy Talent
Didn't neill Blomkamp also write love death and robots with Robert Rodriguez or was that someone else?

Edit: yeah it's David Fincher and Tim Miller lol.
Thanks for reminding me of that series I still need to watch it, currently I have been too obsessed with Raised by Wolves the best sci fi show of the decade imo