Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
AC Valhalla CE.JPG

Game Name: Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Edition: Collector's Edition
Price: £179

Contents:
  • Ultimate Edition
  • The high-end Ubicollectibles® replica of Eivor and her Drakkar (height: 30cm)
  • Collector’s Case with unique artwork
  • The Ubisoft Store Exclusive Steelbook® with an iconic design inspired by in-game emblems
  • A Viking Statuette of Eivor with his raven and Dane axe (height: 5cm)
  • A Premium Certificate of Authenticity serialised with the unique number of your Collector’s Edition
  • A set of Three Lithographs showcasing some of the most stunning concept art created for the game
  • A Selected Soundtrack of the Game

I don't get why they'd market the game with the male character then have the super expensive collectors edition featuring the female version

How odd...

Not only is super expensive but also horrible. Position and character ratio in regards to the boat seems so odd.

Tho’ if you want a collectible for this they have a very good one and cheap at £50 featuring a male version and looks much better imo.

C8C7B643-3BD9-4B47-9309-7F67E2CDB8A8.jpeg

**** collectors edition for what looks to be a great game if you ask me.

**** collectors edition for what looks to be a great game if you ask me.

I agree. Even Ultimate Edition is horribly priced. For £100 you get the season pass and some extra bonuses which don't even matter as much for gamers. So basically if you buying the standard edition at £55 you getting an incomplete game. It gets more and more disgusting every year.

I get that prices go up this is a huge leap. Black Flag was about £120 (I know it's kind of old now but a 50% jump in less than a decade is pretty steep) and Odyssey was about £150, I don't see how this can be £30 more.
I missed out on Origins collector's edition as I bought all the others only to see them go on sale at Christmas but Origins sold out quite quickly, might have to skip this one as well.

Reactions: Thoth
In fact I remember I paid around 110-120 for Medusa Edition.

I ordered myself the £50 Eivor figurine and will grab game at a later time eventually from eBay.

I think I stopped at Black Flags, basically when they got rid of the number and the games stop feeling Assassins Creed, although I am missing AC and ACII but the editions were nothing to write home about, I started with the Brotherhood Codex edition.

The thing is when it got to Assassins Creed III, the collectors edition got samey, they followed the exact same structure.

Statue, Steelbook, Lithos, Soundtrack, Little Trinket

Any other time it's a good checklist to follow but when you have a franchise is comes out so often, it starts to feel reptitive and there's no weight behind them, especially when the prices seem to keep going up and up with each new instalment despite offering roughly the same things. The other issue being that in some regions you have different contents when really the top collectors edition, the most expensive one should include EVERYTHING from the previous editions, however because it's Ubisoft you'll have the middle limited edition for example offering you a small trinket not found in most expensive one.

Reactions: Thoth
I have only started gaming at middle of 2018 so I didn't really play any of the Assassin's Creed games. I started with Origins therefore I don't know what the difference is compared to old ones. I always see people saying they killed the game with this franchise.

Me personally I loved Origins. I enjoyed Odyssey as well. But that is mainly because I'm in love with Ancient World/History such as Egypt, Greek, Roman etc.
They are alright as RPG games. I do see why people say these are no more Assassin's Creed games because granted they don't really require much assassination. You can just wack your way through everything. Maybe one day when I catch up with all new titles I will give it a go with older Assassin's Creed games.

As for the Collector's Edition, I purchased Origins one because of Bayek on top of Sekhmet Goddess head. It's a nice statue and I think I got it for like £50 many months after release.
Odyssey I pre-ordered and went for cheapest one (Medusa Edition) and paid around £110 just because it had the Ancient World warrior outfit and it's not that bad I suppose. It does sell now for like £50-60 on eBay so maybe I would've been better off waiting.
But with Valhalla I don't really want to pay £180 just to complete my set so the individual collectible at £50 will do. I will tick it off as complete set in my book haha.

Games look great to be honest. I do want to play Valhalla but am not willing to pay £85 for the complete game with season pass. Chances are we will have many games to play once PS5 is released so eventually I will grab Valhalla as digital copy later on for much cheaper.