[Far above the moon]
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Asteroid City

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

Director: Wes Anderson

Cast: Tom Hanks, Margot Robbie, Scarlett Johansson, Bill Murray, Tilda Swinton, Adrien Brody, Matt Dillon, Jason Schwartzman, Jeff Goldblum, Jeffrey Wright, Bryan Cranston, Willem Dafoe, Rupert Friend, Liev Schreiber, Maya Hawke, Tony Revolori, Hope Davis, Steve Park, Sophia Lillis, Fisher Stevens, Seu Jorge, Jake Ryan, Ethan Josh Lee, Brayden Frasure, Celia Bermejo

asteroid_city.jpeg

It already looks better. Looks like an actual film. I couldn’t get on with french dispatch and still never finished it.
Felt like a bit of a mess.

But this looks great.
Yeah it does. Actually really excited for this!

French Dispatch got worse the longer it went on... I made it to the end, but it was honestly super forgettable, so I couldn't tell you anything about it lol.

It already looks better. Looks like an actual film. I couldn’t get on with french dispatch and still never finished it.
Felt like a bit of a mess.

But this looks great.
My feelings exactly. We need a return to classic Anderson. But this looks interesting!

Reactions: Flloydo
This must be the last director of 'older times' that didn't entirely went off the rails and started making bad movies, like Paul Thomas Anderson, didn't lose his style, like Guy Ritchie, and doesn't disappoint, like Duncan Jones and many others.
Although I see I'm not the only one who thought his previous film was lacking, I liked it the least of his whole filmography.
But this looks good, the cast is insane!
Actually it looks like crappy HDR, I realize now what it always reminded me of, this synthetic, fake dual-color or three-strip Technicolor processes they're obviously emulating the look of in this movie, to coincide with the time period.

Absolutely loved this. Felt like Wes back on form. I was disappointed with french dispatch but this felt like the Wes I fell in love with 22 years ago. My comfort blanket

Saying that I need to revisit french dispatch

I guess I liked it, but it's really about nothing, just an assortment of semi-amusing scenes with a lot of good different actors. But like the recent internet 'trend' of Wes Anderson style parodies, it's kinda of a parody of itself. Probably last few director's movies are.
Anyway, I'd have liked it more without the black & white 'behind the scenes' play production interruptions.
This is a case of a need of more studio control over 'talent', as I still think Anderson's best film was his early Rushmore.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database