splax23

Premium Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
The D
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Avatar 2

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Kate Winslet, Zoe Saldana, Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Oona Chaplin, Stephen Lang, Cliff Curtis, Giovanni Ribisi, CCH Pounder, Joel David Moore, Matt Gerald, Trinity Bliss, Britain Dalton, Jamie Flatters, Jack Champion, Filip Geljo, Duane Evans Jr., Bailey Bass, Chloe Coleman, Jemaine Clement

Release: 2021-12-15

Plot: A sequel to Avatar (2009).

Funny how some of the Posters look more realistic then the actual human poster lol
insane details on those!
I think that's supposed to be the trick, give the actual photography a cgi-esk hue to make the cgi seem ultra realistic.

Reactions: kaw
avatar_the_way_of_water_ver13.jpeg

Reactions: vexred
Read earlier that James Cameron was saying it needs to make $2 billion to turn a profit. After seeing how Black Panther 2 performed I doubt it does.

I could be wrong, but I don't think thats for just this movie alone. He's already shot Avatar 2 (Obviously) AND 3. and some of 4.
So im sure all those costs come into play as well.

Reactions: vexred
I don't know why, because I always thought that the first Avatar film was kind of mediocre, although a fascinating phenomenon being as successful as it was. But I'm really looking forward to seing this. Will be exciting to seeing what Cameron has spent the last 10 years of his life making.

I don't know why, because I always thought that the first Avatar film was kind of mediocre, although a fascinating phenomenon being as successful as it was. But I'm really looking forward to seing this. Will be exciting to seeing what Cameron has spent the last 10 years of his life making.
I agree. I enjoyed it in the cinema with the 3D and thought that looked great. Was in no rush to watch it again and never have since. Am interested to see where this one goes in terms of tech.

Im debating as to what theater i should see this in. None of the IMAX theaters in my area are laser projector; which it seems is the preferred projector for a movie like this. There is a theatre that use to be IMAX and is now called EMAX but i assume its basically the same. The screen is very large and they have recliner seats but no 3D. Right now im leaning to seeing it there first and then maybe go to a Dolby 3d for a second viewing.

I'll be going to see this and not in 3D, it's seriously overrated for a technology that's just not up to par imho. I won't be watching it in IMAX either unfortunately, the IMAX near me their seats are all ratty and torn up, they need to renovate. So I'll see it reclining and watching it in XD digital surround, just as good imho but just not as big. My expectations for this movie are pretty low, the first movie was mediocre at best so I don't expect much from this one. If it can top Top Gun: Maverick I'll be floored. ...but we shall see...

• Haha
Reactions: PixarAnimated
Just got back from seeing it in IMAX 3D.
First of all, see it in IMAX if you can, there are 2 exclusive previews for CREED3 and MI Dead Reckoning which are excellent.
But not only that. This movie needs to be seen on the Biggest Screen Possible.

Also, I thought I was done with 3D but this has restored my faith in it. Might be the best 3D Ive ever experienced.
This also is the best looking CGI I have ever seen. Its honestly Mind-blowing. The water, the characters, the colors. Everything is just amazing.

I didn't see it in HFR (Not a fan of it, but I am curious how it is with this).

Downside... The movie is waaay too long tho. 3 and a half hours in the theater was a lot. So be warned.
Also the story isn't quite as good as the first IMO. I loved the family element and I was surprised how much of the film's focus is on the kids this time around.
But the stakes dont feel as big in this film as they did in the last one.

That said. Visually this might be one of the best blockbusters ever made. It looks spectacular. And worth seeing on that aspect alone.