Creating the Banshee
Creating the Thanator
Editing AVATAR
The AMP Suit
Pandora Flora
Memories from AVATAR

NEW CONTENT:
Memories from Avatar (21:21 run time)

Producer Jon Landau leads a spirited conversation with cast members, Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldaña, Sigourney Weaver and Stephen Lang, recalling warm memories from production and reflecting on the extraordinary success of AVATAR.

AVATAR: A Look Back (10:03 run time)
In this retrospective, cast and filmmakers reflect on their extraordinary journey making AVATAR, the groundbreaking technologies they used to create an unparalleled cinematic experience, and the profound effect the film had on audiences worldwide.

Last edited:
Film is remastered this was done in 2022
That doesn't really answer my question! I'm not sure what there could be to remaster. The film was shot with top of the range technology at the time. Not like it's an old dinosaur. I can understand a new 4K master but the Blu Ray was fine.

Sounds like a bit of a sales gimmick.

That doesn't really answer my question! I'm not sure what there could be to remaster. The film was shot with top of the range technology at the time. Not like it's an old dinosaur. I can understand a new 4K master but the Blu Ray was fine.

Sounds like a bit of a sales gimmick.
It's not a gimmick
Avatar had a new 4K remaster done in terms of both picture and sound for the cinema 2022 re-release

The 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases in 2023 is using that 2022 remastered version.

There are lots of reviews online in regards to the remastered version that was released in cinemas in 2022

There are lots of reviews online in regards to the remastered version that was released in cinemas in 2022
All I can seem to see online are reviews of the 4K version. Which is fair enough. That's getting the HDR treatment and Atmos 9.1 etc....

But there's no mention of the BD remaster to see what exactly has been improved......

All I can seem to see online are reviews of the 4K version. Which is fair enough. That's getting the HDR treatment and Atmos 9.1 etc....

But there's no mention of the BD remaster to see what exactly has been improved......
You can have 4k restoration of films on Blu-ray
The 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases is the Theatrical Cut 2022 remastered version as in the film has improved picture and sound
All retailers listings list remastered 2022 for both format releases

Have you not purchased Arrow Video Blu-ray releases before that used 4K restoration of a film or other labels releases but these was Blu-ray releases not 4K UHD

Film restorations/remasters can be put on various physical media formats and also as a digital file for streaming