Back to the Future Trilogy - 35th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (FilmArena Collection) [Czech Republic)

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 28, 2020 (Standard) - February 3 June 15, 2022 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: CZK 2999 (Standard) - CZK 6999 (FAC)
Group buy: hosted by carllenc

received_434458618201468.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks, @paulboland i thought I remembered getting an email last year saying no vat. Guess I’ve been lucky up until now but going forward i will have to factor in that I could be hit with more charges.

so it may be more beneficial for me to do a bigger order say 3 to 4 instead of splitting into 2 titles per order as I will be paying charges anyway but at least I won’t have to pay two sets of charges.

Reactions: paulboland
This has been going on for almost a year. If you've been getting packages from EU and not paying any VAT that's been purely cause of cheating system.
It only seems fair to pay for what you order. Especially this going on for a year and literally everybody knows about this...

@paulboland @Bungral
UK and I ordered direct from Film Arena.
I think since we left the Eu I’m not sure if they have been inc the VAT on uk orders, however I’ve had no issues with my other orders ie top gun but these we’re under the £135 ceiling.
The maniacs is way over the limit so I’m wondering this is why I got pinged this time so hoping when I get ant man and wonder woman they will be okay
I was wondering what the tax free import limit for UK was, is it £135 per month, or per package?
Also, if FilmArena didn't charge you tax, did they subtract it from their listed price?
For example, the BttF box is listed as 6999 CZK, but when I login as an international customer with a shipping address outside of EU, it changes to 5784, 1200+ less.

Yesterday I received the BTTF maniac box in a standard cardboard box that fit the maniac box perfectly so unfortunately there was no poster tube/posters. anyone else receive an incomplete set or did the poster tube ship separately?

I was wondering what the tax free import limit for UK was, is it £135 per month, or per package?
Also, if FilmArena didn't charge you tax, did they subtract it from their listed price?
For example, the BttF box is listed as 6999 CZK, but when I login as an international customer with a shipping address outside of EU, it changes to 5784, 1200+ less.
There is no tax free amount for commercial goods /merchandise.

Under 135£ the merchant can charge UK vat and there is no import duty.

Above 135£ you have to pay the govt 20% Vat + import duty

Parcels marked as "gift" can squeeze through if its low value.

• Informative
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Yesterday I received the BTTF maniac box in a standard cardboard box that fit the maniac box perfectly so unfortunately there was no poster tube/posters. anyone else receive an incomplete set or did the poster tube ship separately?
I believe it’s shipped separately

There is no tax free amount for commercial goods /merchandise.

Under 135£ the merchant can charge UK vat and there is no import duty.

Above 135£ you have to pay the govt 20% Vat + import duty
Oh, that must suck, government 'mafia' "is strong with this one".
Usually by 'commercial goods' it's meant items imported by a commercial entity intended for resale or business use, and privately purchased discs for personal use shouldn't count.

Oh, that must suck, government 'mafia' "is strong with this one".
Usually by 'commercial goods' it's meant items imported by a commercial entity intended for resale or business use, and privately purchased discs for personal use shouldn't count.
Nothing to do with what you posted

Vat on purchases has always existed on imports in regards to UK and EU
Import duty also always existed on goods with a value over €150/£135 in regards to UK and EU countries in regards to certain type of products
Not all products involve import duty as some are exempt

Used to be you could import goods if value was £15/€22 or less to avoid Vat but that was done away with on January 1st 2021 in UK and on July 1st 2021 in EU

No difference to already having to pay vat on purchases done in high Street shops or online in EU or UK

The removing of the threshold to avoid vat on imports is so you have same requirements to pay vat as if you was purchasing goods in UK or EU

Note
Removing of threshold to avoid vat was decided before UK voted to leave EU so this has nothing to do with brexit and would have still happened even if UK had not left EU

Vat and Import duty are not the same thing

FilmArena website remove Vat from prices if delivery address is outside EU

As UK vat not included it's still required to be paid

Technically UK customers should still been hit for vat by UK customs on goods with value £135 or less but they are just lucky to avoid it when UK vat not included in purchase.

Some EU retailers and other retailers based outside UK apply UK vat at checkout but not all do this

Nothing to do with what you posted

FilmArena website remove Vat from prices if delivery address is outside EU

As UK vat not included it's still required to be paid
I'm using a sarcastic term 'mafia', because only they ask for a cut of everything, even something they had nothing to do with.

Good to know FilmArena deducts tax for UK customers.

If Czech Republic, or EU, doesn't take the tax, why does UK? Are they going to 'kick it back' to EU, or just pocket it.
I'm speaking from a POV of a bear hunting, vodka drinking, neighbor killing perspective, because, while items were still shipped to Russia, tax was subtracted, but not collected by Russian customs or government, because it would be wildly wrong and idiotic.

I'm using a sarcastic term 'mafia', because only they ask for a cut of everything, even something they had nothing to do with.

Good to know FilmArena deducts tax for UK customers.

If Czech Republic, or EU, doesn't take the tax, why does UK? Are they going to 'kick it back' to EU, or just pocket it.
I'm speaking from a POV of a bear hunting, vodka drinking, neighbor killing perspective, because, while items were still shipped to Russia, tax was subtracted, but not collected by Russian customs or government, because it would be wildly wrong and idiotic.
All purchases be it done in UK itself requires vat be paid including when you import goods from outside UK that's why
The same applies to EU countries importing goods from outside EU

Some retailers based outside UK apply UK vat at checkout as they registered for vat in UK
This can be done by using one stop shop for vat collection or by registering direct for a Vat ID in UK

Some UK retailers apply EU vat at checkout for example and use IOSS or have registered for vat ID directly in a EU country
That EU vat payment goes to revenue in EU destination country

If a retailer outside UK does not apply uk vat at checkout then uk vat has not been paid and that's when uk customs will look for uk vat to be paid

The same applies to EU on imports from outside EU if the retailer based outside EU not applied EU vat at checkout then EU vat has not been paid and customs will look for payment of EU Vat

Retailers in UK that apply EU vat at checkout that vat payment goes to revenue in EU delivery destination country

Retailers outside UK that applies UK vat at checkout that vat payment goes to revenue in UK

Some retailers based outside UK/EU are not setup for collection of vat so that is why customs in UK or EU will look for vat payment before doing delivery of parcel

FilmArena is not using one stop shop for UK vat collection and not registered for vat id in UK so that is why they remove EU vat from prices in regards to uk delivery address
As UK vat not been paid on purchase UK customs are in the right to look for UK vat payment from customer before doing delivery

All EU retailers that apply EU vat at checkout that vat payment goes to revenue in EU delivery country

• Informative
Reactions: snow flake
damn. thought shipping was included in the price. Been a while since i bought a FAC edition
not usually. I mean Carl has them but only really give them if you ask
Price: 6999 CZK
Paypal Fee: 7% - 490 CZK
HDN GB Fee: 7,5% - 560 CZK

Total: 8049 CZK

Shipping is NOT included in the price and will be paid/requested separately via PM when purchased item will be in hand after its released.