Ben-Hur (Blu-Ray Metal Tin) [France]

mams

Premium Supporter
Jul 19, 2010
Strasbourg, FRANCE
According to the French magazin Les Années Laser, Warner France will release Bne-Hur in a collector "metal" case, including the movie, the extras and the soundtrack on separate discs.
Jumbo or tin case ? Wait and see...
benhurht.jpg

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0053C5E5Q/?tag=hidefnin0a-21

Last edited by a moderator:
:DFirts, I have purchased the limited US version...:DBut when I 've seen the french one, my CB has cried so loud....EEK!So now, I have this one and the other :drool:and I do not regret one second to have bought it :emb:

Looks REALLY NICE!!!
Way to go Biscuit with those vids!!!

Oh... at 3:30, is that a scratch on your brand new tin???

Too bad my friend. I hate when that happens, but as you said, under the cardboard, nothing you could have done before opening it... :angry:

Yeah .... which is why anyone who owns a book of eli steelbook (canada) needs to cut a slit in the plastic (if keeping it sealed) and pull back the cardboard paper a bit because they put security tag that mashes right up against the steel. You dont see this happen often anymore because I complained about it. However, it can leave a nice dent impression over time. I've had it happen, so I documented it fully and passed it on to the powers that be.

slightly off-topic but figured I'd bring it up with the discussion about scratches underneath the wrapping etc.

First pic is an impression dent, caused by a security tag. 2nd and 3rd pic is precaution I took so it wouldn't happen on my precious Book of Eli's. (One of my fav movies ...) :drool:

I cut a slit in plastic then pulled out the cardboard a bit so the tag is no longer resting hard/mashed up against the case.

Attachments

• impression.jpg
    impression.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCN0318.jpg
    DSCN0318.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN0319.jpg
    DSCN0319.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: ash333
Damn, I've just sent 2 copies to hidefninja members! :ohno:

Well, thats just a chance they got to take with a sealed copy. Not everyone is an anal freak like me who figured it out. Granted, I did not get a dented BOE, I just take this precaution on all steels with a security tag placed like that to avoid. The first pic is of Terminator Salvation Ironpack .... That was a sealed PERFECT copy that I opened and saw that. So Jimmy, even if you buy a sealed Term Sal IronPack ... you're gonna have that dent. ;) Open sounds better to me cause it can be in perfect condition. (regarding Term. Sal)

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

ps. that impression dent looks nice in the pic ... its not near as nice in person and very noticeable!

There are some other steels like this, I forget which tho ... any with the security tag under the cardboard overlay. This is why I don't mind them INSIDE the case.

There are some other steels like this, I forget which tho ... any with the security tag under the cardboard overlay. This is why I don't mind them INSIDE the case.

Wreck, it would be nice to have a list of the steels with this "configuration" which sounds completely boneheaded to me. Definitely better to have the tag inside the case than on any part of the outside. Thanks for sharing this.

I just bought the blu ray box set w/figurine for $12.99 at worst buy, I thought that
was great untill I stumbled on this one???
go steel!!