Best Buy - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Canada]

Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Best Buy Canada website.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Does not ship outside of Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
@C.C. 95 Spine Slash from Best Buys are becoming the norm not the exception. as Someone stated went downtown in store to buy Dredd Mondo and all copies had Spine Slash and had repeat issues, I am finished with them. Never had an Issue with FutureShop, may have been owned by best buy but I am sure internally they must have had a better Quality Control, with all that I have bought and not once had an issue with spine slash. Also whenever you went to a FutureShop store it was always Clean and copies were very in order at their place and straight...it had a nice clean feel. When you go to best buy, it has a ''Trashy'' Feeling, first all copies are not straight so visually it looks like a mess and copies are mixed, amarays slipcovers are almost all damaged and the feel of the store is just like not right.
Well, I guess the upside is- I have many BBs around if I need to exchange...
Hope for the best...

@Actarus Damn buddy. I'm sorry to hear this. But I understand you. It's an absolute mess. The only steelbooks I'm buying from BestBuy are the Mondo exclusives or if I loved the movie (like Kingsman). I'm trying to stay away from them as much as possible. The quality control really sucks here. We need to report it to some higher authority to get this issue solved. Or else, they won't care enough to look into it. If somebody higher up is a collector, then they can raise the issue from within.

I also share your opinion on FutureShop being "visually" better. They displayed even the amarays. BestBuy feels like you just walked into a supermarket; everything is randomly everywhere. :facepalm:

@C.C. 95 From what I understand its only for us Canadians :(. I'm not sure these issues exist for you guys. Then again, I'm not on a lot of BB USA release threads, so I wouldn't really know...

@Actarus Damn buddy. I'm sorry to hear this. But I understand you. It's an absolute mess. The only steelbooks I'm buying from BestBuy are the Mondo exclusives or if I loved the movie (like Kingsman). I'm trying to stay away from them as much as possible. The quality control really sucks here. We need to report it to some higher authority to get this issue solved. Or else, they won't care enough to look into it. If somebody higher up is a collector, then they can raise the issue from within.

I also share your opinion on FutureShop being "visually" better. They displayed even the amarays. BestBuy feels like you just walked into a supermarket; everything is randomly everywhere. :facepalm:

@C.C. 95 From what I understand its only for us Canadians :(. I'm not sure these issues exist for you guys. Then again, I'm not on a lot of BB USA release threads, so I wouldn't really know...
Well...the last time I was in a BB was about a year ago. I asked where the steelbooks were, and they had no idea what a steelbook was. (Which is mental- cuz they had just had a sale on them that Christmas!)
Target, BB, Walmart- pretty much every retailer has just STOPPED requiring their employees to know anything about what they sell. I once helped a lady at BB find steels for her son during Christmas cuz I knew more than the employee that was right there. Pathetic.

Well...the last time I was in a BB was about a year ago. I asked where the steelbooks were, and they had no idea what a steelbook was. (Which is mental- cuz they had just had a sale on them that Christmas!)
Target, BB, Walmart- pretty much every retailer has just STOPPED requiring their employees to know anything about what they sell. I once helped a lady at BB find steels for her son during Christmas cuz I knew more than the employee that was right there. Pathetic.
Yea most employees I've come in contact with had no idea as well. Only once, before FutureShop closed, I met an employee who collected steelbooks. But she only collected steelbooks from FutureShop.
Some of them are even surprised to hear there are movie collectors. :cautious:(n)

Reactions: Wreck and C.C. 95
I just noticed when I put a BestBuy.ca link in a Facebook message it shows the old policy "Free shipping on orders over $20." I miss those days with Best Buy/Future Shop.
BestBuy.jpg

I wish Best Buy would let them drop my package on my doorstep. I've ordered a TV from amazon.ca that was left on my step but a $30 has to be picked up at the post office if it's mailed in a box(which don't fit in my mailbox).

So much new releases in the USA.. what do you do Canada??? We only got like 25% of them.. that ridiculous!

IMO, there seems to be less emphasis on steelbook releases in Canada than in the past, so that might explain why there's not many right now...

Uhh, that's not really an explanation...

If there new people in charge of media (blu-ray, dvd) at Best Buy CA that aren't interested in steelbooks, then you won't see as many...I'm not defending them, I'm just saying that they likely don't think it makes much business sense to do them anymore. (per my first comment).

So... of course that now we had some good communication, BBY Canada decides to "pull the plug" on their Plug-in forums... :angry:
Bidding a fond farewell to the Forum

As we explore new ways to provide our customers with an engaging digital experience going forward, we’ve decided to retire the forum at the end of the month and transition our focus to other modes of engagement.

We’ve loved watching this community grow over the years, and we hope you all stay engaged with us and each other through our blog and social channels as we continue to evolve our online experience.

@kaw @Leprekon @AlienKing

• Helpful Post
Reactions: kaw and Leafs17
So... of course that now we had some good communication, BBY Canada decides to "pull the plug" on their Plug-in forums... :angry:

@kaw @Leprekon @AlienKing
What!?
So they are removing all feedback communication? What could possible go wrong?!
And isn't forum a "social channel"?
I've lost all hope for exclusives from BB now. The little hope i do have i will place it on Sunrise.