Best Buy - SteelBook Retailer Thread [USA]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
bestbuy.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Best Buy.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to the USA. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Price Match policy update-thanks Neoz-

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad news. I prefer Bestbuy over Amazon, Target and Walmart.
Also, i doubt there will be any re-prints of sold out Bestbuy exclusives now.

Makes me sick. Hollywood has done it to themselves. There was always a good reason the rental window was in place, the purchase window etc. Streaming has killed the box office, and with it any anticipation of any event movie. Day and date streaming with theatrical release was the ultimate nail in the coffin for big budget film. No reason to go to the theater or buy a movie when you can get it with your "free" with your 50 streaming services. There is no ad model with streaming either, so as they pirate from the broadcast business the revenue sinks further. I mean, how could people not do the math and figure out what a complete mess this was going to end up. Why buy a movie when it is on streaming before the physical media is released. I mean these people must be absolute morons to not see the business model they forced. Literally sickening. All they had to do was keep catalogue available to stream and keep recent releases to VOD/rental/retail and keep the release windows and they would of been golden.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
If anyone was able to get extra Snow White or Cinderella Disney 100 steels let me know. They were all gone by the time I was able to get there. I'm not paying the crazy scalper prices.

My Snow White and the Huntsman Online Order Delivery

Mine arrived from BestBuy.com by mail.

Note to everyone:

Do not ever order a steelbook off of BestBuy.com!

The steelbook was shipped in a regular plastic envelope and the steelbook arrived completely bent. As in, seriously bent. I have never seen anything like it before.

I'll obviously return it, but since my local Best Buys don't have any copies anymore, I guess I will end up not having one.

How freaking hard is it to pack your steelbooks decently?! Geez...
Totally agree with you, the way they Shipp in ridiculous white envelope its not the best way, I understand how you feel.

If anyone was able to get extra Snow White or Cinderella Disney 100 steels let me know. They were all gone by the time I was able to get there. I'm not paying the crazy scalper prices.

Just find a store with it in stock and order for in store pickup. Doesn’t need to be close.

Wait until they pick the item and then extend the pickup window for another seven days.

Keep watch, after a week it will come back for shipping, and switch your order to be shipped.

Copy secured.

Reactions: ash333
Just find a store with it in stock and order for in store pickup. Doesn’t need to be close.

Wait until they pick the item and then extend the pickup window for another seven days.

Keep watch, after a week it will come back for shipping, and switch your order to be shipped.

Copy secured.

Nothing available within 250 miles.

• Wow
Reactions: apsmith21