Best Buy - SteelBook Retailer Thread [USA]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
bestbuy.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Best Buy.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to the USA. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Price Match policy update-thanks Neoz-

Last edited by a moderator:
You have 15 days now, not 30 days. Unless your a silver member. Then you have like 90 days I think.

Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013.

Unless your a Silver Member you pretty much screwed for post day PM'ing. You can't do it anymore. If your not a Silver Member you can only get to PM the day of purchase and 15 days after that. And even the 15 days are for only if the price drops at BB only.

New PM policy.

We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

So that means BB not anyone else. If the price drops on AMZ, again you can not so it.

I wasn't able to order Zero Dark Thirty from Best Buy and have it shipped to my house. I should have done a pre-order with store pickup, by the time I arrived at the store they were all out, and every other BB was out. They must have had a very limited run of that steelbook and maybe that's why they were only offering store pickup.

I learned my steelbook by mail lesson with the Amazing Spider-man. The first one I swear was backed over in my driveway by the UPS driver. Took it back to my local store, they had no replacements, but ordered me one to be delivered to the store. Second one came damaged. I returned it later that same day. One of the assistant managers was kind enough to call around and found one for me at one of the Charlotte stores (about an hour from where I live). He had one of the other managers drop it by my house the next day, along with a 2d copy of the movie for my troubles. It's nice to know there are still people that care about customer service, at least in my local store. Now I just get up early on release day and choose in-store pick-up. It's the only way I could have gotten Zero Dark Thirty.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Best Buy will honor the U&S $5 coupons if its 1 day after its expired?

depending on a few factors you might be able to talk your way into using them, but I wouldn't bet on it. It's better just to know what you're going to buy and bring an according number of DVD's.

Yeah, they didn't have what I wanted anyways. Was looking to get Robin Hood since they don't have any currently known plans to steelbook it.

Iron Man 3 & Star Trek Into Darkness steelbooks at BB???

I am a newbie to forums and to steelbooks which I love. I live in the USA. I purchased an Avengers Viva metal case from BB. Could anyone share with me if BB is going to offer an Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness steelbook?

I am a newbie to forums and to steelbooks which I love. I live in the USA. I purchased an Avengers Viva metal case from BB. Could anyone share with me if BB is going to offer an Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness steelbook?

It doesn't look like it, although Wal-Mart will have an exclusive Star Trek: Into Darkness steel available. As far as I've seen around here, there's no North American steel for Iron Man 3. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info!

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

It doesn't look like it, although Wal-Mart will have an exclusive Star Trek: Into Darkness steel available. As far as I've seen around here, there's no North American steel for Iron Man 3. Hope that helps.

I live in Indy as well. Can you direct me to anyone on HDN that will ship Iron Man 3 region free steelbook to me?:D

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I live in Indy as well. Can you direct me to anyone on HDN that will ship Iron Man 3 region free steelbook to me?:D

BB

I will never understand why they have people ship things the way they do...

Example on bf I placed 5-6 orders one was xbox live card and a bluray and it arrived in a box big enough to hold 6-8 movies!

Its because of their choice of available boxes at the time of shipping..not really our problem but Bestbuy do need to ship items in smaller boxes specially when its a steelbook. Less room = Less chance to bounce around and dent

Anyone else seeing ALOT of steelbooks listed on BestBuy.com?

Most of them are old catalog DVD titles that seems like they have just not cleared off of the website or they have a few copies in a warehouse somewhere. Some of the UK stuff like Ghostbusters and Firefly even showing up in their search for steelbooks is boggling.

Reactions: dfoles