Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: May 12, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

BB_BirdsofPrey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope the U.K. gets this. I love all the posters but this art translates better on a steelbook. The others would make great slips.

Reactions: willbar84
Film title has been changed for USA Cinemas due to performance at Box Office

Title changed from Birds of Prey to Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey

Film title has been changed for USA Cinemas due to performance at Box Office

Title changed from Birds of Prey to Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey

For Cinemas only it looks like.
Hopefully it won't effect home release or we run into a LIVE DIE REPEAT situation all over again.

I'm not offering an opinion on this film, but I'd be surprised if they made another one since it's a commercial flop. Looks like the studio will lose money. It cost 85 mil + up to 100 mil in marketing (typical these days for commercial movies), which means it needs to make at least 370 mil worldwide to break even. So far, it's made about 145 mil worldwide. I estimated 370 mil since movie chains keep about 50% of ticket sale revenue with the studios getting the other half. 370 mil in ticket sales would equal 185 mil for the studio.

If you're a Haley Quinn fan, it doesn't look good.

I'm not offering an opinion on this film, but I'd be surprised if they made another one since it's a commercial flop. Looks like the studio will lose money. It cost 85 mil + up to 100 mil in marketing (typical these days for commercial movies), which means it needs to make at least 370 mil worldwide to break even. So far, it's made about 145 mil worldwide. I estimated 370 mil since movie chains keep about 50% of ticket sale revenue with the studios getting the other half. 370 mil in ticket sales would equal 185 mil for the studio.

If you're a Haley Quinn fan, it doesn't look good.

Hardly a flop when it only cost $84 mil + roughly 1/2 on marketing (due to this being R Rated it doesn’t have to spend nowhere near $100 mil) =$126 mil. Then factor in Theatres take roughly 40% so it’s gotta make back $210 mil to break even and it’s tracking about $250 mil at the moment with it still to open in Japan. This will still make bank but not as much as was expected that’s all as it’s still got all the home media sales and merch to profit on aswell. As for being a Harley Quinn fan it doesn’t look good well she’s all started filming on set with Gunn’s The Suicide Squad so I’m good then the sequel to BoP which will star Harley will most likely be Gotham City Sirens but doubtful they will take another R-Rated risk with this but play it safe as PG-13.

Reactions: MM3
So I may be mistaken, but it looks like Harley's upper body has her outfit with the gold overalls, and her legs are from a different outfit
View attachment 462566

:watch: Hmm well that’s interesting didn’t notice that before well spotted :thumbs: that’s actually a different costume altogether that I can’t seem to recall from the movie as the artwork used on the steelbook has Harley with a gold band strap and red mid section top where her diamond overall outfit is all gold. I remember this artwork being one of the first posters we got but was never used for advertising when marketing kicked into full gear close to release. My best guess if it’s not in the movie it’s a costume that never made it into the movie but the poster instead or this is Harley breaking the fourth wall like she does in the movie and is advertising for the movie she’s in where the costume wouldn’t necessarily have to be accurate.

Hardly a flop when it only cost $84 mil + roughly 1/2 on marketing (due to this being R Rated it doesn’t have to spend nowhere near $100 mil) =$126 mil. Then factor in Theatres take roughly 40% so it’s gotta make back $210 mil to break even and it’s tracking about $250 mil at the moment with it still to open in Japan. This will still make bank but not as much as was expected that’s all as it’s still got all the home media sales and merch to profit on aswell. As for being a Harley Quinn fan it doesn’t look good well she’s all started filming on set with Gunn’s The Suicide Squad so I’m good then the sequel to BoP which will star Harley will most likely be Gotham City Sirens but doubtful they will take another R-Rated risk with this but play it safe as PG-13.

It needs to make as much as $300 million at the box office to break even before making profit in the post-theatrical realm. Out of the U.S., studios only get 20-40% of ticket sales. It all depends on how much more it makes at the theaters and during the post-theatrical period. If they break even after they account for post-theatrical profit, I'm skeptical they would make any more movies with the exception of Suicide Squad, etc. I guess we'll see in the coming weeks. I'm not the biggest DC fan, but I wanted to see another movie with a female lead do well at the box office like Wonder Woman or Captain America.

Last edited:
This is the worst case scenario for the Harley Quinn character in the DCEU:

• Haha
Reactions: willbar84
:watch: Hmm well that’s interesting didn’t notice that before well spotted :thumbs: that’s actually a different costume altogether that I can’t seem to recall from the movie as the artwork used on the steelbook has Harley with a gold band strap and red mid section top where her diamond overall outfit is all gold. I remember this artwork being one of the first posters we got but was never used for advertising when marketing kicked into full gear close to release. My best guess if it’s not in the movie it’s a costume that never made it into the movie but the poster instead or this is Harley breaking the fourth wall like she does in the movie and is advertising for the movie she’s in where the costume wouldn’t necessarily have to be accurate.
My guess is they just want to show off her legs regardless of the outfit the rest of her is wearing lol

@willbar84

"My best guess if it’s not in the movie it’s a costume that never made it into the movie but the poster instead or this is Harley breaking the fourth wall like she does in the movie and is advertising for the movie she’s in where the costume wouldn’t necessarily have to be accurate. "

:rofl: Yeah, such a deep movie this is.

This is the Showgirls of the 2020s