Mediabook Black Christmas (Blu-ray Mediabook) (Media Markt Exclusive) [Germany]

Oct 9, 2019
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: A - B - C
Price: €29.99
Notes: Collectors Edition + Booklet, Spot-Gloss, A limited to 333 - B to 222 and C to 111 copies

fee_786_587_png.jpg
fee_786_5872_png.jpg
fee_786_587 3_png.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Robles
I ordered cover c and think it looks good. It´s not too dark and comes with spot-gloss on the card. It seems another Mediabook-edition from Nameless-Media is also in the making and that one comes with more content.
Bought this one for the awesome cover and the booklet. I didn´t get disaappointed - nice edition.
SAM_2257.JPG

SAM_2263.JPG
SAM_2264.JPG
SAM_2265.JPG
SAM_2267.JPG

SAM_2268.JPG
SAM_2270.JPG

SAM_2272.JPG

Last edited:
I ordered cover c and think it looks good. It´s not too dark and comes with spot-gloss on the card. It seems another Mediabook-edition from Nameless-Media is also in the making and that one comes with more content.
Bought this one for the awesome cover and didn´t get disaappointed - nice edition.
View attachment 524087
Nice cover mate :thumbs:
I kinda like them all but would say that C is my favourite. Will pick this up in time.

I kinda like them all but would say that C is my favourite. Will pick this up in time.
Thanks - there are so much Mediabook-releases at the time, but the Concorde ones (thought Concorde was sold to Leonine - strange) are belonging to my favorites. This one´s also available via Saturn-webpage
Bought it together with preorder of the Dark Rider-Mediabook aka The Dark Ride aka Killer´s Delight. Because there is no relaease available nowhere next to the Vinegar Syndrome-one I think this one will contain it as well and the Mediabook looks much better imo.

Attachments

• 1640875283699.png
    1640875283699.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 116
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
nameless media will release also mediabooks of black christmas next year. their release will contain 3 different cuts of the movie:
- theatrical cut
- r rated
- unrated

Reactions: Robles
nameless media will release also mediabooks of black christmas next year. their release will contain 3 different cuts of the movie:
- theatrical cut
- r rated
- unrated
Oh I think I'll wait to see what theirs is like as they are bound to use the same art on cover c I reckon on one of there releases.

I watched both movies and must say, that the original is the better one imo. Not much better, but I like the slow 70s style very much and although it has some lengths because of that it got me banned and the twist at the end is surprising. The remake is more versatile in the action and the settings, but also leaves the impression of a movie made only because remakes were hyped at this time and there also had to be one for this classic. Anyway - it was entertaining, too and gets 3,5/5 from me (the original little more - 4/5).

Last edited:
So both Nameless and Concorde are releasing mediabooks of this. Nameless has said that theirs will include the uncut version and I’ve head that the Concorde release is just a repackage of the same earlier released R rated cut, but the back of the Concorde release lists the runtime on the blu ray as 92 minutes which is the length of the unrated cut. Can’t seem to find a straight answer as to whether the Concorde release is the unrated cut or not.

Last edited:
The scene with Lauren´s dead is missing in this version. Don´t like it when they remove complete scenes.

The Dark Rider aka Sports Killer aka Killer´s Delight is very lame and the transfer for the german mediabook has this many video-casette pop-ups allover the movie. Is it the same with the Vingar Syndrome-one?

Nameless Media have released their Mediabooks with additional unrated version now for the high price of €40. But netherless they all are sold out. Cannot really understand it. But who cares - the violence wasn´t rated - it´s just one scene missing, that´s all and the Concorde/Infinity-one still is the best one imo, because I don´t like the NM treatment at all.

Nameless - Concorde
black-christmas_cover-a.jpg
fee_786_587 3_png.jpg

Last edited:
Still don´t know why movies, like The House That Jack Built , that has quite decent reviews go on sale and average ones like Black Christmas sell that good, even for these high prices. Ok it´s unrated, but it is not the best adaptation and no must-have imo. My awaitings were much higher and it is better to watch the original.