Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: January 28, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1577451348017.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't this movie get the 4K steelbook treatment for the initial release? I thought the last couple of steelbook waves were for the older Disney/MCU movies that didn't get the 4K treatment when they first came out. Best Buy may be setting a new trend here. Releasing different steelbook variations to keep milking at full price. Seeing how they put the last waves on a significant discount after releasing them really makes me hesitate to preorder the older releases at full price.

EDIT: Just checked. I got the first print 4K steelbook which was just paintings in black ink on raw steel. This new one looks a lot nicer.

• Friendly
Reactions: gaeljet
Can't speak to other States, but this sold out pretty much instantly around here. I have 20+ stores within 250 miles of me. There are at most 2 stores that still have copies, but I'll just buy 2 online and hope one of them is in good shape...then return the other one.

This was posted by Tyrok on another site today.

"They shipped these to stores with a delivery of today but they didn't come. Pretty dumb of them if you ask me. Every other studio tries to get every new sku in stores the week before the street date but Disney just doesn't care when it comes to catalog stuff. "

This was posted by Tyrok on another site today.

"They shipped these to stores with a delivery of today but they didn't come. Pretty dumb of them if you ask me. Every other studio tries to get every new sku in stores the week before the street date but Disney just doesn't care when it comes to catalog stuff. "
I think they were here, because the store I went into had a slot for it in the front display, but no copies. I've been in stores before they had the disks out, but not with a an empty slot priced for those disks.

I know it's not likely to happen due to whatever licensing Blufan have over this image but here's my concept of what I hope can still happen. Matching the current 4k wave

2af04c696ae58efa3bb7a2e244f5f446.jpg

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Got this but didn't realise it's actual drawing and not poster art

Regret my ass over this

What is best buy return policy on this?

Been thinking about this steelbook and how it differs from the other 4k releases. Here's my mock up of what I think it would have looked like. I've done 2 variations on this purely based on the fact the BluFans steelbook uses the main poster art. So there's the main poster. The alternative white poster. Both with the dark brown spine and back and with the emblem being the Black panther necklace. There's a part of me that still hopes zavvi will go down this route if they rerelease it. Yeah I forgot to add the 4k banner

Attachments

• 20200315_205113.jpg
    20200315_205113.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 340
I've never seen a year that has gone straight downhill from the start. Usually there's peaks and valleys, up's & down's in all our lives. This year has had no peaks. Horrible news after horrible news, shock after shock, devastation after devastation. I wish we could just end this year early. Enough is enough. Rest in Power - King Chadwick.