Blackhat (4K UHD Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: November 27, 2023
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £22.00 (Arrow Films) - £21.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: Blu-ray is Director's Cut

20230224_214717.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentations in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of both the US and international versions of the film
  • Original lossless 5.1 audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Brand new audio commentary by critics Bryan Reesman and Max Evry
  • Firewall - brand new video interview with cinematographer Stuart Dryburgh
  • Zero Day Threat - brand new video interview with production designer Guy Hendrix Dyas
  • The Cyber Threat, On Location Around the World and Creating Reality - three archival behind-the-scenes featurettes on the making of the film
  • Image gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Doug John Miller
  • Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Andrew Graves
  • Limited Edition slipcover featuring newly commissioned artwork by Doug John Miller

• DISC TWO – THE DIRECTOR’S CUT (BLU-RAY) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of Michael Mann’s director’s cut of the film

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Billy Talent
I actually cannot remember the movie at all. I didn't hate it, and I think I even bought some cheap, $5 local BD, but since it's Michael Mann's I'll also buy this.

• 4K (2160p) UHD presentations in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of both the US and international versions of the film
  • Firewall - brand new video interview with cinematographer Stuart Dryburgh
  • Zero Day Threat - brand new video interview with production designer Guy Hendrix Dyas
  • The Cyber Threat, On Location Around the World and Creating Reality - three archival behind-the-scenes featurettes on the making of the film
  • Image gallery
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Doug John Miller
  • Illustrated collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Andrew Graves
  • Limited Edition slipcover featuring newly commissioned artwork by Doug John Miller
81Ix5GJdAGL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 716b-dJ1DaL._AC_SL1200_.jpg 710DsObV+OL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Had to confirm with Arrow, but when it says "US version", it does NOT mean the Director's Cut, which they could not include. I wasn't even aware there were different versions to begin with.

We listened to your feedback about our release of Blackhat not including Michael Mann's revised director's cut of the film and we are very pleased to confirm that the original digital files have been found.

It will now be included as a second Blu-ray Disc. To allow time for disc authoring and quality control, we have had to push the release date back to 4th September.

We hope you understand the necessity for this delay and are as excited as we are to be able to feature this significantly different version of the film alongside the two previously announced cuts.

Oh, wow, is that like a whole new unseen version? I guess it was never released on disc before...

So for those who made a preorder on Arrow UK or Amazon UK ... we will get this second disc please ?

Because retailers did not update the page product.

Thank you.

Oh, wow, is that like a whole new unseen version? I guess it was never released on disc before...
It aired on FX years back and was only available to rent digitally for a short while. The Director’s Cut of Blackhat is the original intended version of the film before it was edited by the studio; there are some new scenes, alternate extended takes, and the plot restructured. Personally I'm excited to see it.

UPDATE ON BLACKHAT NEWS

We'd like to apologise as news about our Blackhat release was incorrectly shared on a previous newsletter. At this moment in time, we can confirm the release date has been moved to 4th September and we look forward to sharing more information about this exciting release soon. Apologies again and thanks for your patience and understanding.

This basically means the Director's cut been included is still TBC it might happen or not

This basically means the Director's cut been included is still TBC it might happen or not

Thank you for translating 'corporate speak'.
So it might be delayed for nothing, got it. :cautious:

P.S. Might as well translate 'paulboland' speak:

"This basically means that the Director's cut being included is still TBC - it might happen, or not."

• Haha
Reactions: 5t33lb0y
So as from what I'm aware the only version worth watching is the directors cut. Is there any reason to get the 4k over the regular if the directors cut isn't gonna be in 4k?

2-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Three cuts of the film, including the home video premiere of Michael Mann’s re-imagined director’s cut
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Andrew Graves

DISC ONE – THE US AND INTERNATIONAL VERSIONS (4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY)
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentations in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) of both the US and international versions of the film
  • Firewall – brand new video interview with cinematographer Stuart Dryburgh
  • Zero Day Threat – brand new video interview with production designer Guy Hendrix Dyas
  • The Cyber Threat, On Location Around the World and Creating Reality – three archival behind-the-scenes featurettes on the making of the film
  • Image gallery

DISC TWO – THE DIRECTOR’S CUT (BLU-RAY) [LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE]
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of Michael Mann’s director’s cut of the film