Blade Runner (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 40) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 10, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on September 10, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Holo Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

OCPackshot_2000x.jpgBR_overall_fs_2000x.jpgBR_overall_LFS_2000x.jpgBR_overall_DLFS_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Arrow Video USA Dune 1984 Deluxe is premium release
Do you have the deluxe edition as in purchased it Yes or No
Rigid Slipbox with steelbook with 2 books and posters and artcards
I feel like this is a questionaire with the Yes or No.
No, I don't have that deluxe edition of Dune.
But I don't have to own it to know it's not premium because I have eyes.
Let me point out a few very non-premium features of that deluxe release:
  1. Text, text everywhere on the front
  2. Artwork the same on the slip and on the steel
  3. Unnumbered AFAIK (this is a big one IMO) and likely too many of them produced
Premium for me means something totally different to you. To you it probably means it includes a thick book.
For me an edition that is not numbered is either a one off or it's not premium. Premiums MUST be numbered.

HDN Hi def ninja own labels Reel Synergy Productions and Black Label releases are USA releases and these are premium releases
I left Reel Synergy out on purpose, no need to re-inject it into the convo. But if you keep asking no, they're not premium either IMO, because they're unnumbered (at least the ones I have).
That doesn't mean they're not great and loaded to the brim. That's got nothing to do with it.
Do you have any of the HDN Reel Synergy Productions steelbook releases or any of the previous Black Label Releases
YES or NO
YES, I OWN SEVERAL.
Reel Synergy Productions
Django Unchained

View attachment 522784

HDN Black Label is Hi Def Ninja/Synapse-Films
View attachment 522785 View attachment 522786
Unnumbered. Period.
Hell, just call them ultra-premium or their actual name, Ultra Collector Editions. That's fine with me. Also call them premium if you want, not going to say what you should call them.

Now let me ask you.
Does premium to you mean it includes a thick book and/or a handful of postcards or coasters? YES or NO

Yes Or No GIF

and sure worthless sticker with a number on it makes it a premium regardless of other content and quality...

HDN black label is very much numbered btw
I didn't want to say anything about HDN and/or RS. I left them out initially. Paul re-injected them into the convo.
I don't own any of the Black labels so that's fine.

And yes, a sticker with a number means a lot. It means it's harder for whoever is making them produce more than if unnumbered.

Reactions: Flloydo
I didn't want to say anything about HDN and/or RS. I left them out initially. Paul re-injected them into the convo.

And yes, a sticker with a number means a lot. It means it's harder for whoever is making them produce more than if unnumbered.
to you and probably to you only ;) its certainly not *objectively* the golden decisive factor for a edition to be premium or not

but ffs now *I‘m* in the infinite loop, damnit

to you and probably to you only ;)
Maybe. But most likely not.
If the editions we pay hundreds for were unnumbered and we actually didn't know how many existed of any given release chances are we wouldn't really pay much for them over retail price.
its certainly not *objectively* the golden decisive factor for a edition to be premium or not
Well, the pioneers of the premium market for steels, at least as I know them today, numbered them so I'll take that as a decisive factor over what you consider is or isn't a factor.
but ffs now *I‘m* in the infinite loop, damnit
:LOL::LOL: Indeed.
So answer, is Arrow Dune a premium or not? YES or NO.

Black Label is HDN/Synapse-Films

Black Label is Synapse Films releases with HDN involvment

All of the HDN Black Label releases are from Synapse Films and are numbered

So there has been USA premium releases from Synapse Films and more to come

Do you call the first steelbook with slips that was from KimchiDVD/Blufans/HDZeta/FilmArena etc premium as in when they was first starting to do releases with slips
They delevolped over a period of time with their releases but was basic slips when they first started and they was also considered premium releases back then

Do you call the first steelbook with slips that was from KimchiDVD/Blufans/HDZeta/FilmArena etc premium as in when thay was first starting to do releases with slips
Which one specifically? Which retailer and/or release?
They delevolped over a period of time with their releases but was basic slips when they first started and they was also considered premium releases back then
Yes, I have some old ones too and there's a clear evolution, I agree. But they were numbered from day 1.
I didn't say anything about how basic or elaborate the slip had to be, because I'm also aware of their evolution throughout the years. You're putting words in my mouth. Stop doing it.

Also answer my questions, YES or NO, is an edition that includes a booklet a premium by default? YES or NO

The US don’t have a premium retailer it’s as simple as that. End of argument

HDN black label and RS don’t really count because they are exclusive to this site, only a small amount films tackled in both labels and RS is more a project wreck does for the love of films and for us collectors. RS Is not official releases as far as I know

Maybe. But most likely not.
If the editions we pay hundreds for were unnumbered and we actually didn't know how many existed of any given release chances are we wouldn't really pay much for them over retail price.

Well, the pioneers of the premium market for steels, at least as I know them today, numbered them so I'll take that as a decisive factor over what you consider is or isn't a factor.

:LOL::LOL: Indeed.
So answer, is Arrow Dune a premium or not? YES or NO.
you mean on ebay? yeah people definitely would and people definitely do.. lot of generic zavvi steels sell for 10+ times their rrp.. we know that there were 2000-4000 copies made usually, but thats valid for almost every steelbook release.. the print run is usually known

a numbering sticker makes it a limited numbered edition not a premium... so all the unnumbered filmarena editions/variations are no premium then?

yes id say arrow dune is a premium, not a very good one though haha, but true romance deluxe for instance? very much so.. steelbook+slipcover+extras like postcards, booklets usually make a premium

And arrow don’t count either. They make big editions that are technically a premium package (especially true romance etc) but you can buy them around the world. Not just the US. So again not a US premium retailer

you mean on ebay?
Not just eBay. Classifieds also. You should know :naughty::naughty:
yeah people definitely would and people definitely do.. lot of generic zavvi steels sell for 10+ times their rrp.. we know that there were 2000-4000 copies made usually, but thats valid for almost every steelbook release.. the print run is usually known
Oh definitely. Not saying unnumbered won't gain value, but those same titles definitely would gain more if they were numbered.
It's not the same thing to see a sticker on your edition than to see a press release from Scanavo 4000 of such and such title have been made. There's no way of distinguishing one from another if they're unnumbered. And that has value in and of itself. You might not appreciate that added value, but some do.
a numbering sticker makes it a limited numbered edition not a premium...
Where did I say a limited numbered edition makes the edition a premium??? Are you using Paul's tactic of putting words in my mouth? I said it's a factor. And you said it wasn't a factor for you :giggle:
so all the unnumbered filmarena editions/variations are no premium then?
They're not to me, no.
They're probably very nice, but they're no premiums. Premiums must be numbered. But why, you cry? Because the pioneers of the premium editions made it so.

Jack Nicholson Deal With It GIF

yes id say arrow dune is a premium, not a very good one though haha,
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
but true romance deluxe for instance? very much so..
Well, you're wrong. But it's your choice to call it a premium, so please do.
steelbook+slipcover+extras like postcards, booklets usually make a premium
Yes, yes, we know. But guess what, you forgot about the numbered sticker.

evil smile GIF

Next time (and until you admit the sticker is an important characteristic of what makes a premium a premium) you buy a Manta lab edition, in the notes section, ask them to remove the sticker from your edition, you have no use for it. I dare you.

Not just eBay. Classifieds also. You should know :naughty::naughty:

Oh definitely. Not saying unnumbered won't gain value, but those same titles definitely would gain more if they were numbered.
It's not the same thing to see a sticker on your edition than to see a press release from Scanavo 4000 of such and such title have been made. There's no way of distinguishing one from another if they're unnumbered. And that has value in and of itself. You might not appreciate that added value, but some do.

Where did I say a limited numbered edition makes the edition a premium??? Are you using Paul's tactic of putting words in my mouth? I said it's a factor. And you said it wasn't a factor for you :giggle:

They're not to me, no.
They're probably very nice, but they're no premiums. Premiums must be numbered. But why, you cry? Because the pioneers of the premium editions made it so.

Jack Nicholson Deal With It GIF

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, you're wrong. But it's your choice to call it a premium, so please do.

Yes, yes, we know. But guess what, you forgot about the numbered sticker.

evil smile GIF

Next time (and until you admit the sticker is an important characteristic of what makes a premium a premium) you buy a Manta lab edition, in the notes section, ask them to remove the sticker from your edition, you have no use for it. I dare you.
tl;dr whatever :p