Blade Runner (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 40) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 10, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on September 10, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Holo Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

OCPackshot_2000x.jpgBR_overall_fs_2000x.jpgBR_overall_LFS_2000x.jpgBR_overall_DLFS_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
@Felix_ro
I’ve got a Sony Ultra HD Blu Ray / DVD Player UBP-X700

Hope that helps
Thanks, it does indeed!
I honestly hopped you have a different player than I have (Oppo 203),
so that we can take the "possible player general issue" out of the equation.

I guess that if enough people will try and have similar issues, can actually make
Manta/Collectong to rethink their response and actually do something about this.

On my player indeed had also pauses accompanied by "artifacts" on the image,
for at least ten-dozen times in the first 20 minutes or so.

STRANGE THING happened just now, when trying to take some pictures of the errors,
I put back the disk (third time today, twice when first starting watching and both times got issues),
and now, after more than three (3) hours of non-stop playing, there were no playback errors anymore.
Might be some issues with the "cold" laser of the player, or the player itself?!?!
Maybe you @Flloydo can try similar "sequence" and check if this also happens to you too.

Reactions: Flloydo
I will. I’ll have to get back to you later about the specs though.

The disc just won’t play correctly. Freezes and skips or it just won’t play the film. Disc seems fine too. The blu Ray disc worked though
I always clean my 4k discs as soon as they arrive as we experienced some playback issues with 2 or 3 discs when we first started with 4K.
I also found that some 4K discs would freeze the first time they were played but then would be ok the next time.
If your 4k disc has the same issue with repeated attempts that would suggest a fault with the disc though...

I always clean my 4k discs as soon as they arrive as we experienced some playback issues with 2 or 3 discs when we first started with 4K.
I also found that some 4K discs would freeze the first time they were played but then would be ok the next time.
If your 4k disc has the same issue with repeated attempts that would suggest a fault with the disc though...
Interestingly what you said here...
Yet, what would you say could be the issue that the same disk will play OK on subsequent playing instance but not on the first (and second for me, as I stopped playing when I saw few pauses and artifacts, ejected the disk and re-inserted it, to see the same happens)?

Interestingly what you said here...
Yet, what would you say could be the issue that the same disk will play OK on subsequent playing instance but not on the first (and second for me, as I stopped playing when I saw few pauses and artifacts, ejected the disk and re-inserted it, to see the same happens)?
The only reasons I can think of, bearing in mind I'm no expert may be the following:

The player struggling to read the disc data the first time it is played,
A film over the disc which is apparently used to protect during the manufacturing process,
A faulty disc if the issue occurs repeatedly at the same point
I, personally , haven't had any issues since I started cleaning all 4k discs with lens/screen wipes, something I would definitely recommend.....

Reactions: Felix_ro
The only reasons I can think of, bearing in mind I'm no expert may be the following:

The player struggling to read the disc data the first time it is played,
A film over the disc which is apparently used to protect during the manufacturing process,
A faulty disc if the issue occurs repeatedly at the same point
I, personally , haven't had any issues since I started cleaning all 4k discs with lens/screen wipes, something I would definitely recommend.....
Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated!
Will surely try your wiping the disk with some lens cleaning solution.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated!
Will surely try your wiping the disk with some kens cleaning solution.
Hope it helps.
The issue with the film on the discs is something I read about online and apparently is more common with 4K discs manufactured in the US.
Don't know how much truth there is to it all but it's worth investing in some wipes or lens cleaning solution as it's a quick and cheap fix if it works.

Thanks, it does indeed!
I honestly hopped you have a different player than I have (Oppo 203),
so that we can take the "possible player general issue" out of the equation.

I guess that if enough people will try and have similar issues, can actually make
Manta/Collectong to rethink their response and actually do something about this.

On my player indeed had also pauses accompanied by "artifacts" on the image,
for at least ten-dozen times in the first 20 minutes or so.

STRANGE THING happened just now, when trying to take some pictures of the errors,
I put back the disk (third time today, twice when first starting watching and both times got issues),
and now, after more than three (3) hours of non-stop playing, there were no playback errors anymore.
Might be some issues with the "cold" laser of the player, or the player itself?!?!
Maybe you @Flloydo can try similar "sequence" and check if this also happens to you too.
I haven’t tried in a while but I was kinda over it when the blu Ray played. Maybe next time I watch it I’ll try but as I’m not massive On the film that could be years away!

I’ve only ever had one other issue. The jungle cruise 4K disc (from the zavvi steelbook) and I sent it back for a replacement (after cleaning the original disc countless times and it still not working like I’ve done and tried with blade runner) and the replacement disc was fine. Not that any of them showed any visible issues but it worked fine on the newer one. So maybe the odd disc is f**ked! Because I’ve got a lot of 4K discs now and all are fine as well as my player. Which is also fully updated.

Hope it helps.
The issue with the film on the discs is something I read about online and apparently is more common with 4K discs manufactured in the US.
Don't know how much truth there is to it all but it's worth investing in some wipes or lens cleaning solution as it's a quick and cheap fix if it works.
Do you think this could also helps with the 100GB disks, when they pass
from one layer to another (which happened more with various disks and players)?

Also, I think this "film on the disks" does not actually cover the fact that on mine,
it played OK after few hours, while certainly did not wiped the disk.

Do you think this could also helps with the 100GB disks, when they pass
from one layer to another (which happened more with various disks and players)?

Also, I think this "film on the disks" does not actually cover the fact that on mine,
it played OK after few hours, while certainly did not wiped the disk.
Who knows?
All I know is I've had no issues since I took to cleaning all of my discs....

• Thanks
Reactions: Felix_ro