Blade Runner (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 40) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 10, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti (Pre-order on September 10, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $159.97 (Box Set) - $48.99 (Full Slip) - $49.99 (Lenti - Double Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Lenti - Double Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600.
Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Spot Foil, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Holo Coating, Embossing. 1000 Units, Numbered 1-1000.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

OCPackshot_2000x.jpgBR_overall_fs_2000x.jpgBR_overall_LFS_2000x.jpgBR_overall_DLFS_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
Same discussions over and over again when a highly sought item sells out and there be people that are annoyed they couldn't source a copy.

The short version:
The truth is retailers don't really give a monkeys how they offload their stock. Get over it. The retailer decides to offload their copies in bulks so complain to the retailer.

If they can sell a huge bulk to various GB host that act as the middle man so they can make a little dough for their work and the retailer obsorbs less risk such as chargeback, fraud etc., they are happy. The moment it sells out on the spot it creates hype and demad and the after sale market prices are very important. They want to see their releases sell for silly money. It creates more demand on their future releases knowing that their stuff sells out in minutes.

If their stock is still available after days and days on pre-order and even on release date, who is going to want them? You want them to sell out instantly and it makes their stuff look like gold and for the re-sale market. It gives the retailer a strong reputable name knowing that their stuff can easily sell well by re-sellers, collectors and for anyone wanting to invest and scalp. They Don't Care...
If the third-party market is terrible it makes the retailer look weak in general.

Many collectors are resellers.
Many resellers are also collectors.

Scalping and reselling is all part of the game.

So what do you do? Live with it and learn to be smart in getting a copy and reduce the variance of what you can potentially pay.

You can't win them all...

While I understand the frustrations associated with not securing anything... let me tell you that what @DMD4k said is 100% true..

Mondo sells prints...limited qty..no groupbuys limit 1 per household yet the same kind of discussions happen on their fan groups on Facebook.

michael douglas greed GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Same discussions over and over again when a highly sought item sells out and there be people that are annoyed they couldn't source a copy.

The short version:
The truth is retailers don't really give a monkeys how they offload their stock. Get over it. The retailer decides to offload their copies in bulks so complain to the retailer.

If they can sell a huge bulk to various GB host that act as the middle man so they can make a little dough for their work and the retailer obsorbs less risk such as chargeback, fraud etc., they are happy. The moment it sells out on the spot it creates hype and demad and the after sale market prices are very important. They want to see their releases sell for silly money. It creates more demand on their future releases knowing that their stuff sells out in minutes.

If their stock is still available after days and days on pre-order and even on release date, who is going to want them? You want them to sell out instantly and it makes their stuff look like gold and for the re-sale market. It gives the retailer a strong reputable name knowing that their stuff can easily sell well by re-sellers, collectors and for anyone wanting to invest and scalp. They Don't Care...
If the third-party market is terrible it makes the retailer look weak in general.

So what do you do? Live with it and learn to be smart in getting a copy and reduce the variance of what you can potentially pay.

Great Post. This is the truth.

The short version:

Here here!

The short version:

FarflungDirectAndeancat-max-1mb.gif

I'm a fairly new user here. As of now I have never been part of a group buy because I didn't have the chance to (ok I could have joined the Blade Runner group buy, but I have never ordered directly so I wanted to experience that once too).
Before I joined this community I bought all my premiums from a private retailer. I paid 110$ without shipping for a single edition (Full Slip, SL, DL doesn't matter all were the same price). And I thought that was a fair price. And I still think it's not that bad considering you have a copy for sure, and compared to ebay prices it's still alot cheaper. And I don't regret paying so much, because I can enjoy all those editions at home now.
But damn the Blade Runner Full Slip in the group buy is just six dollars more than the direct price. That's luxury.
I know that if possible I'm going to buy all my future premiums in hidefninja group buys.
I think group buys are good for collectors. In my opinion it increases the chance of securing a copy by alot. And if it should happen that one doesn't succeed in a group buy, one can still try the direct order. So two shots at securing a copy.
Finally everyone needs to decide for themselves how much risk they want to take, in order to secure a copy.
I'll gladly pay 6$ more, when I paid 60$ more before :shipped:

Do you show up to each and every preorder from Manta?
Yes I do. Almost every title..... Why?

If you have been saying for years and nobody is listening then why carry on?
Because I don't believe in joining a GB when I should be able to order directly...

the few ppl who had a chance at securing something through GB listened to stuff you guys keep on churning out about ordering direct is easy, dont pay more than you have to etc etc and missed out.

That's because there's always someone else to take their place on the GB. Now they know what the rest of us have to do to try and order directly...

Not sure what points you're trying to make in this post...?

Not like I'm all that fussed as what's done is done, or even wanting to get in with this whole argument but I do think GB's are weird when you can order directly from them

I personally thought GB's for things like this would have been a cool feature for the Premium Supporter & Ninja Exclusive Chat section...just a "secure a copy early" type of thing.

That;s just my thoughts on it, no offence hopefully taken.

Was just curious and I checked ebay and even by scalpers standards the prices they are asking for this are so OTT I'm astonished anyone is even bidding. It genuinely goes into Piss taking territory and I hope people are not stupid enough to pay that kind of money. Sorry it's just not worth it. Another few quid and you could buy a state of the art top of the range 4k player.

Next year is the 40th anniversary of blade runner. So im guessing we may see a few more releases for this coming. Hopefully give a chance for those that missed out

Reactions: MM3 and Fmac72
Was just curious and I checked ebay and even by scalpers standards the prices they are asking for this are so OTT I'm astonished anyone is even bidding. It genuinely goes into Piss taking territory and I hope people are not stupid enough to pay that kind of money. Sorry it's just not worth it. Another few quid and you could buy a state of the art top of the range 4k player.
Check Cinemuseum’s Shining Boxset. I remeber there were people surprised from $600 pricetags. It’s now $1K and $600 is a steal.

People are droping $20k-$50k on one Pokemon card, why do you think this is any different. People love to spend their money stupidly.

my 2 cents...
i'm dependent on group buys, because im not at home (manta lab time) or i dont want to wake up early in the morning (kimchidvd / weet time).
besides it's a nice option, when you know all editions will sell out super fast (marvel / classic movies like blade runner... oh wait, blade runner is an old movie nobody cares about :giggle: )

...or unexpected issues (novamedia bugs today)

i rather pay $10-$20 more via gb, than to miss out and to have a gap in the collection or pay ebay prices. good luck to find blade runner (single editions) for less than $100 on ebay.

Group buys are great and the hosts do a great job for us. There will always be whiners who don't want to pay extra fees but still want a copy thus prefer going direct,
but the moment they miss out because they weren't fast enough they blame it on group buy allocation. Tough sh!t. You made your choice. Life goes on.