Blade Runner: The Final Cut (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (The Film Vault #001) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: December 12, 2022
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - Vice-Press - HMV
Price: £49.99

VAULT #001 - PREMIUM 4K Blu-ray COLLECTOR'S Edition - Limited to 3,000 copies
  • New key art by Matt Ferguson & Florey from Vice Press
  • Acetate O-Ring, removes for type-free display of your key art
  • Unique, individually numbered crystal display plaque
  • Rigid clamshell box with magnetic closure
  • Feature film on both 4K UHD and Blu-ray, plus Special Features
1A_BladeRunner_VAULT 001_2D-Packshot.png

1B_BladeRunner_VAULT 001_3D-Packshot.png

1665690757053.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s alright but Matts art in my opinion always seems samey

Kind of put me off some of the Marvel stuff they did

I was really interested until I saw £50. Seems the price brackets of these new mass market collector’s editions have jumped up from £30 to £40 to now this in a very short period of time.
To be fair everything from the price of paper to pressings has went up big time this year. Just look at the price of a pint of milk in January and now compare it. I have never seen so many sharp rises in prices in such a short period of time.

I was really interested until I saw £50. Seems the price brackets of these new mass market collector’s editions have jumped up from £30 to £40 to now this in a very short period of time.
Just saying that on other thread..,, remove Steelbook costs, charge more...

To be fair everything from the price of paper to pressings has went up big time this year. Just look at the price of a pint of milk in January and now compare it. I have never seen so many sharp rises in prices in such a short period of time.
It's a fair point, up to a point.
Just for fun looked at the chart of the Euro against the dollar, just for this year - - hilarious..
Feels like this would have been a good opportunity to under cut the recent 'Botox Premiums' - - if you wanna remove more expensive Steelbook pressing/handling issues.
Even if they matched at £40 they'd get a lot more takers, don't you think?

Any insider thoughts out there?

There’s also the edition from Vice Press with the exclusive poster

Dissapointed @paulboland, thought it was another surprise sequel :)
What's the Pound limit where it switches into separating the VAT? I mean, the VAT is there, but for 3 editions it's included, add a 4th, the VAT is sepertaed as an Import charge, and individual item costs drop by 10 bucks.

Screenshot_20221014-095219.jpg

Last edited:
These would be so much better if it wasn't for films that already have dozens of editions.
This is what worries me going forward with this wave. Ferguson stated on twitter these are the first of the series and with the numbering on the front can we expect all the films we know they'd re release? Is it obvious what titles they will choose? I think it is.

Matt has a very particular taste when it comes to films and what he chooses to make art for (which is why 1917 surprised and gives me some hope that we will get some decent random titles). Imo expect another The Thing release, they live, highlander, Gremlins, jaws, maybe even big trouble. And titles like that. Great films, which he’s made some epic artworks for already but they have been done to death.

I’d love to pick up Scarface and Goodfellas for the art alone and 1917 is cool too. But if this is going to be a continued wave at £50 a pop which in about a year will change to £55 then I’ll seriously pick and choose the ones where the film and the art are screaming at me. I like all 3 of them films but is it enough to spend £150 on? No.

My mind is still blown that I can pay £35.99 for a new Ex_Machina Steelbook collectors set with a slip with new commissioned art and artwork by jock, art cards and book and they are asking for £14 more for these. I’m really blown away by that.

Maybe that’s the problem when you have 2 artists credited for the work on each item. The money goes there bringing the cost up for the collectors. Stupid really. I personally can’t see any of Floreys influence at all on these

This is what worries me going forward with this wave. Ferguson stated on twitter these are the first of the series and with the numbering on the front can we expect all the films we know they'd re release? Is it obvious what titles they will choose? I think it is.

Matt has a very particular taste when it comes to films and what he chooses to make art for (which is why 1917 surprised and gives me some hope that we will get some decent random titles). Imo expect another The Thing release, they live, highlander, Gremlins, jaws, maybe even big trouble. And titles like that. Great films, which he’s made some epic artworks for already but they have been done to death.

I’d love to pick up Scarface and Goodfellas for the art alone and 1917 is cool too. But if this is going to be a continued wave at £50 a pop which in about a year will change to £55 then I’ll seriously pick and choose the ones where the film and the art are screaming at me. I like all 3 of them films but it enough to spend £150 on. My mind is still blown that I can pay £35.99 for a new Ex_Machina Steelbook collectors set with a slip with new commissioned art and artwork by jock, art cards and book and they are asking for £14 more for these. I’m really blown away by that.

Maybe that’s the problem when you have 2 artists credited for the work on each item. The money goes there bringing the cost up for the collectors. Stupid really. I personally can’t see any of Floreys influence at all on these
I'm just tired of always seeing the same movies on rotation for steelbooks and collectors sets.

They're so many films out there, some that don't even have good releases or BD releases at all, and we still keep getting the same things.

1917 is a nice change but the others all have dozens of steels and collectors sets. It's like every other year there is something new for the same film.

There’s also the edition from Vice Press with the exclusive poster

These are a better deal IMO, considering you can pay upwards of £40 for 24"x36" VP posters (correct me if I'm wrong) anyway... so if you look at it that way, then you're only paying £30 for the digipak set.

Reactions: Masta Norris