Blade Runner: The Final Cut (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition) (The Film Vault #001) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: December 12, 2022
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - Vice-Press - HMV
Price: £49.99

VAULT #001 - PREMIUM 4K Blu-ray COLLECTOR'S Edition - Limited to 3,000 copies
  • New key art by Matt Ferguson & Florey from Vice Press
  • Acetate O-Ring, removes for type-free display of your key art
  • Unique, individually numbered crystal display plaque
  • Rigid clamshell box with magnetic closure
  • Feature film on both 4K UHD and Blu-ray, plus Special Features
1A_BladeRunner_VAULT 001_2D-Packshot.png

1B_BladeRunner_VAULT 001_3D-Packshot.png

1665690757053.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn’t need a new transfer in my opinion. What are your problems with the 4K transfer? I think it’s as honest as it possibly could be. The original negative was reportedly over processed whether on purpose or not. Some of the scenes may have required push processing but all grain is intact and I think the picture is wonderful on my oled.
The 4K is probably as good as it can be but still not a 5 out of 5 release in my opinion although reviews always seem to heap praise upon it.

As I said, just my opinion...

Reactions: Retro Parrot
Look at this 'review/unboxing':

The guy says he doesn't understand who would buy these, that a fan of any of these movies would already have the same discs ( :hilarious:), that he 'hates' the printed photos, that "you can look at them online" ( :oops::banghead:), doesn't even show and unfold the digipacks, whatta hell is he showing it all for then, and other blasphemous for a physical collector things.
I'm this close to writing to Film Vault to ask to NOT send him anything for free anymore, because he just doesn't get it.

The guy says he doesn't understand who would buy these, that a fan of any of these movies would already have the same discs ( :hilarious:), that he 'hates' the printed photos, that "you can look at them online" ( :oops::banghead:), doesn't even show and unfold the digipacks, whatta hell is he showing it all for then, and other blasphemous for a physical collector things.
I'm this close to writing to Film Vault to ask to NOT send him anything for free anymore, because he just doesn't get it.

What a total pillock. Man freebies are wasted on some people. I'll take them. I totally get the whole collector thing, I think that usually comes through in my videos. I get excited.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I mean he is correct that it sucks that the inner packaging gets destroyed by the glass cubes, which was one of the reasons I didn't any of these in the first place. Not only that they ruin the inner cardboard, but their inclusion in general. It's a waste of space and as it turns out ruins the boxes.

Reactions: Bizl
Putting so much effort into these releases with shoddy inners doesn't make sense.
A moulded or foam inner to securely hold the contents would have made more sense.
It actually amazes me how you get sets with really nice almost everything but lacking in others. The UK Infinity Saga being a prime example.

Reactions: leelee17

Nah respect to him, can't stand Youtubers who suck up to companies and overhype their products just to continue to get free stuff. Complete lack of integrity and renders their opinion on anything completely irrelevant