Blufans - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
BLUFANS DO NOT DELIVER OUTSIDE OF CHINA

bf5y.jpg

With a growing popularity of Blufans Exclusive steelbook collection, I'm thinking it is a good idea to have the thread about Blufans. Please feel free to discuss anything related to Blufans products.

Currently, Blufans only ships their orders within China, not to overseas.

Credit to REDLEMON and thanks to him for doing the list, with updated release date on coming Blufans releases
Blufans Exclusives SteelBooks™ List

And in order for our members better understanding the Blufans Exclusive steelbooks, here is how are they made and how long are they made.
BE STEELBOOK FLOWCHART

STAGE 1: ARTWORKS DESIGN

1) Blufans chooses the photos from studio art library.
2) Concept arts designing. Time: normally about 7 days.
3) Submit the arts to studio headquarters for approval. Time: 7 to 10 days.
4) Once the art is approved, send the artworks to Scanavo (the steelbook maker) for review. Time: wthin 7 days

Total time: 15 to 20 days

STAGE 2: STEELBOOK MANUFACTURING

1) Confirm steelbook finish (Glossy vs Matte) (emboss, deboss, or none )
2) Making a tin proof for BLUFANS to check. Time:10 to 14 days.
3) Making a sample steelbook. The step is optional, but Blufans always request it for ensuring a better quality of its products. There will be an extra cost for doing this. Time: 14 days
4) Steelbooks in Mass Production. Time:45 days
5) Custom Clearence. Time: 7 days
6) Transport the steelbooks to Packing facility. Time: 4 days

Total Time: at least 70 days

STAGE 3: PACKING and SHIPPING

1) Pack all the elements into the steelbook and factory-seal it. Time: 3 to 5 days
2) Shipping. Time: 7 days

Total Time: at least 10 days

As you can see, if everything goes perfectly smooth, you will wait at least 90 days to receive the final product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

I wanted to ask for your opinions and advice. My question isn't limited to Blufans alone, but currently it's two Blufans copies that cause me concern.
The lenticular images of "Gone Girl" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" were not glued on the slips properly.

01.jpg 02.jpg

I was wondering if there was a way to take it off and but it back on in the right position. I understand the whole backside of the lenticular image is covered with glue? My idea was to use a hobby knife and carefully cut between the lenti back and the slip cardboard. The problem is I won't be able to reach deeper than maybe two centimeters towards the center of the image. But it might be enough to lift the lenti carefully and cut deeper?
Any experience around? Comments and suggestions are welcome. I'm absolutely positive on doing this, because it bothers the heck out of me, having the lenti overlapping like this.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask for your opinions and advice. My question isn't limited to Blufans alone, but currently it's two Blufans copies that cause me concern.
The lenticular images of "Gone Girl" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" were not glued on the slips properly.

I was wondering if there was a way to take it off and but it back on in the right position. I understand the whole backside of the lenticular image is covered with glue? My idea was to use a hobby knife and carefully cut between the lenti back and the slip cardboard. The problem is I won't be able to reach deeper than maybe two centimeters towards the center of the image. But it might be enough to lift the lenti carefully and cut deeper?
Any experience around? Comments and suggestions are welcome. I'm absolutely positive on doing this, because it bothers the heck out of me, having the lenti overlapping like this.

Thanks in advance.
I would avoid any type of knife if I were you.

I tried that process with a wonky Ash Vs Evil Dead lenti slipcover, and as careful as I was, I left a mark through the lenti image in spots.

Better option might be to use a hairdryer and heat the whole lenti. Melting the glue soft enough to slide the lenti back into the proper position.......

Reactions: CleverLoginName
Be careful, you could seriously **** that up @CleverLoginName! EEK! IMO, not worth the risk for a few mm overhang. I get that it looks a bit messy and I've noticed the same or at least similar (not quite as extensive as yours it has to be said) on a couple of my own Blufans. I just think for your first attempt at a Lenti reconfiguration, it shouldn't be an OOS/OOP GOTG Vol.1 Blufans edition, lol.

Fyi; I just checked my own copies (UE Lenti and R&G Lenti) and mine are pretty much perfectly aligned. UE has a marginal overhang one side but R&G appears spot on. I'd maybe advise trying to hunt down another copy of your preferred choice and selling whichever you're not happy with afterwards. Some folk aren't bothered by "small" details like this and simply want that edition and/or Steelbook in their collection. (Especially now as Vol.2 is released ;)). And reading you bought the OC for a good price, hopefully you won't lose out in the end.

My 2 cents. Good luck either way :)

Thanks for your comment, @Mickle_89
You're right. There're certainly some more forgiving/less important lenti slips to try a correction on. It's just I can't seem to let go of it - every time I look on it, I'm immediately reminded on how bad the overhang is - at least in my eyes. I'll give it some more consideration. Or maybe there's some solution I haven't thought about yet. ;)

Cheers

Reactions: Mickle_89
Hey guys, I have a legit doubt about blufans. I missed a preorder on filmarena and later on I found that item on the blufans website (at a higher price). I ordered it but now my doubt is: when the item will be released, will it tour around from czech republic to the asian continent and then back to europe right onto my door step? :photo:
did you have any experience on that?

Hey guys, I have a legit doubt about blufans. I missed a preorder on filmarena and later on I found that item on the blufans website (at a higher price). I ordered it but now my doubt is: when the item will be released, will it tour around from czech republic to the asian continent and then back to europe right onto my door step? :photo:
did you have any experience on that?

Which site are you referring to?

sorry. it is bluraysforeveryone

That's not Blufans. Blufans don't sell direct via their site and certainly not another retailer's releases. They did it once or twice in the past due to contractual obligations but all their releases are sold either on taobao for the Chinese local market or through GBs for the international collectors.

Blufans WEA releases in the last 3 years

01/2020 -
02/2020 -
03/2020 -
04/2020 -
05/2020 -
06/2020 -
07/2020 Frozen 2 ("Fanatic")
08/2020 -
09/2020 -
10/2020 Deadpool 2
11/2020 -
12/2020 Spider-Man: Homecoming

01/2021 -
02/2021 -
03/2021 -
04/2021 -
05/2021 -
06/2021 Wonder Woman
07/2021 -
08/2021 -
09/2021 -
10/2021 -
11/2021 -
12/2021 -

01/2022 -
02/2022 -
03/2022 -
04/2022 -
05/2022 -
06/2022 Dark Knight
07/2022 -
08/2022 -
09/2022 Batman Begins
10/2022 Dark Knight Rises
11/2022 -
12/2022 -

01/2023 -
02/2023 -
03/2023+ The Prestige? (TBC), The Great Gatsby? (TBC)

Reactions: Felix_ro