Buyer Beware / Bad Trader List

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
This thread has been created to provide insight for folks trading and buying. Sometimes knowing that a guy/gal has some or MANY successful trades/sales is good peace of mind.

IF THE PERSON DOESN'T HAVE LOTS OF GOOD TRADER RATING FEEDBACK, AND YOU DONT KNOW THEM, THEN PRIVATE MESSAGE DigitalBabe or APsmith21 ... We can get you the info you need to feel safe and or make a safe trade/purchase!

As we all know, trading is at your own risk. However, we are able to stop many deals from turning sour if you enable us. We have one bad person who has been a scam artist at many HT/Blu-ray sites besides ours.

Bad Traders

Goatrider
Swallahjaxx
brambrowers
harrytheparry
shabba
evert
Jaxx
Cythlover
Underhill
Shellmaster
Erik Schellekens
Wodan
Cees
aklass
vrising
Telchar
HiltonH
Hilton
blubook
Glaurung
Gelanor
Gus79
The above are all the same person.

Other bad traders:

icon_mexico.png
MEDIAMEX - continued to delay shipments, up to weeks at a time. Would not reimburse members for items already received. Appeared to source OOP items, after trade was agreed upon.

icon_france.png
JEREMY13130 - member from France. States he has rare items for trade when he really does not. Be wary of members with no feedback that ask you to send first.

icon_unitedstates.png
OSCARLUCY - owed shipments to members here, delayed due to a number of different stories. Supposedly recently shipped items out to members, after 5+ months of delays.

icon_unitedstates.png
NELLYPLATINUM & YASAIRA1 - owed an item to a member here - trade occurred on another forum, had previously told trading mods he would make good on the amount owed. Never paid the seller.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
DLEAVEY81 - owed steebook (paid for) to user here. No response on forum or via e-mail. Also has an outstanding trade issue at AVF forums.

icon_unitedstates.png
SHONUFF6 - received items from a couple of members and has not visited this forum since the beginning of January 2013.

icon_canada.png
JEZHEAD - received items from one member and a HDN secret santa gift from another - sent nothing in return and has not visited this forum since December 2012.

icon_unitedstates.png
93COBRA - also known as Fast Eddie - defrauded members on BD forums and you tube of hundreds of dollars of items. General trading alert posted here.

icon_france.png
Marty mcFly - member from France. Owes members here items and has been delaying shipment since in contact with staff for weeks, some traders have been waiting months.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
AMEN - sent a member here damaged steels and the wrong steelbook. Would not resolve the problem with the other member or respond to mod / staff requests for more info.

icon_australia.png
Top_cat2-failed to complete numerous trades/communicate. Numerous traders waiting for items for several months (some since 2012).

icon_unitedstates.png
slackerz - failed to respond or to resolve a trading issue over months of promises to replace damaged items.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
TIGER - took funds for a "pre-order" of items not in-hand to one member and wouldn't refund, also failed to fulfill 6 steelbook trade with another member.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
Roverite - owes at least 10 members various steelbooks from GB's he hosted in 2013. Various attempts to communicate but to no avail.

icon_unitedkingdom.png
humperklonk - Lack of communication to resolve trade issues backdating to end of last year. Owes one member 7x steels which were paid for but never sent the items. Another member is waiting on 1x steel to be sent.

icon_germany.png
Unisol1980 - Attempted to sell a High Value rare steelbook by randomly PM'ing members. This was after Trade Mods refused to approve his sales thread without him supplying the necessary references/info.

icon_germany.png
MrKrabs2013 - Created multiple account, which is NOT allowed on this forum. All the following names are the same person and have been banned:

MrKrabs2013
mrhanky
mrhanky2016
ninja2015
joinus2000
kurdish2012
bremennord
steelfreaky
marvelhero007
germansteeler
steelbookcollect
gandalf
judgedredd
hideohhb
progamer1995
bluemansteel
steelcollector1
blueknight
bucelli
snakeeater

The posts below are from when this was a Good Traders/Bad Traders list ... from the date this OP has been updated ... this thread will only serve as a Buyer Beware and Hall of Shame for those bad traders out there. If you need info on good traders view their trader rating under their avatar in the post bit (to the left) or PM a Mod.

I suggest you PM a mod for any deal over $75 if you dont know the person, regardless if they have 3 successful feedbacks etc. This is YOUR community as much as it is OURS, and we'll make the time everytime to make it as safe as possible for all.

Added 1/23/2012:

Hi All-just a general reminder-if you are experiencing difficulty with a trade at our site, feel free to contact a moderator, and we can provide suggestions on how to resolve the matter, if the trade took place at our site.

If, despite repeated attempts to resolve the trade/contact the trader, you do not receive any communication, or items, etc, please use the Feedback system in place at the site, or the rest of the community will not be aware of issues with traders. In addition, you have a limited time frame to file Paypal disputes, so please familiarize yourself with that process, just in case, to further protect yourself. In addition, the Staff will take action against accounts for repeat offenders if absolutely necessary.

Thanks all!
DB

Last edited:
Just to let you know. The guy from France now files a claim on paypal not even bothering to respond to any message on ebay. Says his package was damaged by customs. Requesting the total amount. He is a scammer. His name and address is :

philippe le borgne
6 impasse jean jaures
29720 plonéour-lanvern Bretagne
France

His ebay username is philcoll29

I am sure I seen a name like that on here before. Everyone make sure he is blocked and get the word out.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Classic case of the buyer pulling out the switcharoo, Shipped back a steelbook that had a big tear on the front. They waited a month before wanting to do it and its obvious they did some fishing and then shipped the worst one back to me.

Kimberly Cantu
DOLLAR RENT A CAR
9105 NE AIRPORT WAY
PORTLAND, OR 97220-1352

The above address is where I originally shipped too. The address below is their return address they sent it back from.

1718 SW 22nd Street
Troutdale, Oregon 97060

They also sent it back without any protection just thrown inside a small flat rate priority box. What a dunce.

Last edited:
Just to let you know. The guy from France now files a claim on paypal not even bothering to respond to any message on ebay. Says his package was damaged by customs. Requesting the total amount. He is a scammer. His name and address is :

philippe le borgne
6 impasse jean jaures
France

I am sure I seen a name like that on here before. Everyone make sure he is blocked and get the word out.

I've had some probs with some French as of late to, but this name doesnt ring a bell.

ebay user thiken1
Jenny BomBerry
PO Box 134
1623 Military Rd
Niagara Falls NY 14304-0134
United States

They are from Canada and using this address to have stuff shipped too. I sent it the first time and it got sent back. Sent again and shows still en route. They open a case on Paypal and threatened me with negative feedback saying I was wrong on my end. I shipped using the address used with their account on ebay.

knickfan0767
Travis DeMarco
19 Mohawk Ave
Hopatcong NJ 07843-1943

If anyone knows this person or if they have another ebay user id please let me know. I suspect he is a seller and is trying to discredit my business.

philippe le borgne
6 impasse jean jaures
France

Sold one item to him and shipped through GSP back in December...No problems.

UK seller... I suspect this is an eBay scammer **medusa** Does not reply to PM and item not received. Couple of days ago made Feedback comments private. Using the same tactics as scammer suicide.squid with similar type of sale items.

Neither happy nor sad as the Novamedia Steelbook with spot gloss is good enough for me for the time being.
I won an auction for the Nova lenti ($47 shipped from France!) 2 weeks ago, but the seller still hasn't shipped my order. Looks like he flaked out on the other auctions that ended that day as well.

Where shall I turn now that eBay has forsaken me, lgans? WHERE SHALL I TURN??? :twd:

Looks like the wait for this Manta release will be harder than I thought. :ohno::LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: wouter and cooey
I won an auction for the Nova lenti ($47 shipped from France!) 2 weeks ago, but the seller still hasn't shipped my order. Looks like he flaked out on the other auctions that ended that day as well.

Where shall I turn now that eBay has forsaken me, lgans? WHERE SHALL I TURN??? :twd:

Looks like the wait for this Manta release will be harder than I thought. :ohno::LOL:

Did you pay with Paypal ?

If so call the PP customer Service and say you need to open a claim.

Paypal Customer Service are Great.

When the recording asks you if it is related to an ebay purchase you say yes, and after it will ask you if you want to speak to an ebay representative or a paypal one; just reply paypal.

Did you pay with Paypal ?

If so call the PP customer Service and say you need to open a claim.

Paypal Customer Service are Great.

When the recording asks you if it is related to an ebay purchase you say yes, and after it will ask you if you want to speak to an ebay representative or a paypal one; just reply paypal.
Thanks for the advice! I'm sure between PayPal and eBay I'll get it sorted. :thumbs:

I was just so proud of my eBay success, I planned on posting in the EoT Nova thread in honor of lgans. Looks like my plan backfired. :rofl:

Thanks for the advice! I'm sure between PayPal and eBay I'll get it sorted. :thumbs:

I was just so proud of my eBay success, I planned on posting in the EoT Nova thread in honor of lgans. Looks like my plan backfired. :rofl:
Ebay is like I minefield there are some bad sellers out there. My advice is look at the feedback Of the seller or ask a friend to recommend one to you, That will give you peace of mind.

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
Ebay is like I minefield there are some bad sellers out there. My advice is look at the feedback Of the seller or ask a friend to recommend one to you, That will give you peace of mind.

I got hit by the same seller and he had 100% positive feedback, he's since had 2 negatives for non-delivery and no contact.

I'm gonna have to go through all this too as he did me for a Captain America Blufans Lenti :( Oh and you outbid me on the EoT Lenti :p

same over here, finally found "Thor" Blufans, but...opened a claim 2 days ago, looks like someone ran away with our money....

Ha! I'd wondered if any of my fellow ninjas had gotten burned along with me. Sorry about our collective bad luck--and for outbidding you @Jhadur. ;) I also won the auction for the Blufans Frozen UE (for a mere $69 shipped :cry:), but it looks like it was not meant to be!

Hopefully you all get yours sorted. :thumbs:

And sorry for the derail, everyone! Hopefully, there's some good news about this Manta release soon. I'm still jazzed to see what they can do with this title!

(But seriously, if anybody else has a EoT Nova lenti for $47 shipped, hit me up. :rofl:)

#bestweekever :woot:

• Thanks
Reactions: Jhadur and wouter
I suspect eBay user "morebest21" is the same user (formerly "luckysteelcd") who scammed me and a number of other ninjas.

He has a ton of high ticket steels up--probably close to $5k worth--with the same signature notecard (with his updated name) and handwriting as before. All items are also one picture only and have their numbers obscured--just as last time.

If eBay doesn't take them down in the next day and a half, I suspect a Ninja or two could be out quite a few dollars--at least until eBay refunds their account.

Look familiar @Jhadur / @wouter ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302251154146

Check the seller's other items--it's nuts. :bored:

I suspect eBay user "morebest21" is the same user (formerly "luckysteelcd") who scammed me and a number of other ninjas.

He has a ton of high ticket steels up--probably close to $5k worth--with the same signature notecard (with his updated name) and handwriting as before. All items are also one picture only and have their numbers obscured--just as last time.

If eBay doesn't take them down in the next day and a half, I suspect a Ninja or two could be out quite a few dollars--at least until eBay refunds their account.

got my refund from his last auction, so no financial loss. Hope that the scammer will be removed from ebay before someone makes a payment this time... contacted ebay concerning this matter.

Last edited:
  • Thanks

Does look like same handwriting and a lot of the same items back up for sale.
Also has very similar descriptions for the items. ie nothing about the items just shipping charges in French. I'll make sure I stay away from all his auctions.

Although after the mini GBs that Kevin ran I'm pretty poor atm :)

• Thanks
roejasro
Jason Roe
95 4th ave nw
Largo FL 33770-1807
United States

ayment From:
Jason Roe (The sender of this payment is Unverified)
Buyer's ID:
roejasro
Buyer's Email:
[email protected]

This person was threatening me and saying he didn't expect to get his item. I told him it will arrive and he got even more threatening saying I was not treating people fair and my prices were to high. He then gets item today and says to stay away from me in the feedback because I was a scalper and item was damaged. He never said anything to me or ebay. I think he is somone I blocked earlier from Florida. A list of others recently blocked from Florida.

Bradley Gunn
10450 Turkey Lake Rd Unit 691522
Orlando FL 32869-7572
United States

Bradley Gunn (The sender of this payment is Unregistered)
Buyer's ID:
gunnb005
Buyer's Email:
[email protected]

This guy sent back a different steelbook with dents.

laz305 is a member on here. Deadbeat didnt pay.

• Thanks
Reactions: ocielz
UK Ebay Seller taffels http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/taffels
HDN new member Kirk mills
I'm guessing he lives in the Newcastle area...Name: k a hills

The guy never confirmed he's sent the items and still not received by me. He stopped communicating same day after my payment.

If you have any details about him, please PM me :thumbs: