Casablanca - 80th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 7, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99

91qEOzsmO0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Casablanca Front.jpg Casablanca Back.jpg Casablanca Open.jpg Casablanca Inside.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: djjez83 and GenPion
A listing has showed up on Amazon UK not live yet

As usual with these listings showing on Amazon UK when goes live might be a exclusive with another retailer or be a trade wide release

I was just thinking about how it would be nice to have a steelbook for Casablanca.

80 years since the theatrical release. This is the only "old" movie that I like probably because the first time I saw it was actually in a theater in the nineties.

I still have the 70th Anniversary Limited Collector’s Edition sealed. #40115 of 81000.

I hope the steelbook is nice. A white steelbook using the art on the cover of the larger book on the right in the image below would be perfect for me.

@jaws finatic It is Warner Brothers so yeah it could be something like the recent Soylent Green and Deliverance steelbooks.

71qCMoXb-vL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I was just thinking about how it would be nice to have a steelbook for Casablanca.

80 years since the theatrical release. This is the only "old" movie that I like probably because the first time I saw it was actually in a theater in the nineties.

I still have the 70th Anniversary Limited Collector’s Edition sealed. #40115 of 81000.

I hope the steelbook is nice. A white steelbook using the art on the cover of the larger book on the right in the image below would be perfect for me.

@jaws finatic It is Warner Brothers so yeah it could be something like the recent Soylent Green and Deliverance steelbooks.

View attachment 536012
Agreed that's a very nice set. My shelf is graced with this version, that I find most enjoyable.
81BDIWuAzxL._SL1500_.jpg

Nice!

When and where is that set from?
It was released in 2008 and called the "Ultimate Collector's Edition". I bought mine off eBay for a great price a few years back. There are still several around. There is a blu ray version and a dvd version, the last of which is offered on eBay for next to nothing. I mean really. Next to nothing. Since you have the 70th Anniversary blu ray, I HIGHLY encourage you to splurge maybe 10 american dollars to pick it up in dvd format just for the goodies inside. You won't be disappointed!

It was released in 2008 and called the "Ultimate Collector's Edition". I bought mine off eBay for a great price a few years back. There are still several around. There is a blu ray version and a dvd version, the last of which is offered on eBay for next to nothing. I mean really. Next to nothing. Since you have the 70th Anniversary blu ray, I HIGHLY encourage you to splurge maybe 10 american dollars to pick it up in dvd format just for the goodies inside. You won't be disappointed!

10 american dollars?!!! That's like 7 billion Canadian dollars!!! ;)

I will check eBay actually, thanks.

Reactions: jaws finatic
Please no pop art. Two classics ruined already with dire steelbooks. Lawrence of Arabia and Bridge over the River Kwai.... At least The Ten Commandments got it right....

Well those were Sony releases and Ten Commandments was Paramount.

Warner has their own way of ruining steelbooks by releasing them in waves with matching artworks.

Reactions: jaws finatic
Well those were Sony releases and Ten Commandments was Paramount.

Warner has their own way of ruining steelbooks by releasing them in waves with matching artworks.
Here! Let me finish that last line for you! ....releasing them in waves with matching artworks that suck!!!!!!

And yes, Ten Commandments was Paramount. THANK GOD it was Paramount, because the art on that was killer IMO.

WB has no discerning talent on board when it comes to steels. Thus my lack of excitement to this great film getting that treatment. Hope I'm wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
What happens when an "ultimate" collection gets released after an other "ultimate" collection has already been released? Is this "ultimate" edition an "ultimate^2" edition?