Casablanca - 80th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 7, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99

91qEOzsmO0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Casablanca Front.jpg Casablanca Back.jpg Casablanca Open.jpg Casablanca Inside.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: djjez83 and GenPion
I just got my copy and I love the package but the Steelbook I don’t…I owned the original UK one and love it, honestly I’m disappointed with it and I may just put my original Steelbook in the especial box.

View attachment 545342
Just received this in the mail.

Anyone know what might've caused this type of damage? There's no damage of any kind on the front of the box.
Could have when been when the manufacturer packaged the units in their shipping carrier or when the employee opened that pallet in the distributor warehouse for customer packaging.
Maybe it was the top set in the box and caught the box cutter on opening.

well…I ordered mine from Warner Bros shop. Someone said that wasn’t a good idea. Mine arrived with damage, but a quick email to the store and they sent out a no charge replacement right away. Can’t fault their service.

And this is one black and white 4k I really like. It looks better than the 70th anniversary blu ray to me. If I had to find fault I’d say the film grain has been lost somewhat, but it’s minor, and in every other way it’s gorgeous.

I wonder if my favorite ‘A Matter of Life and Death’ will be released on 4k, is had the scan…

Reactions: TheWildEye
well…I ordered mine from Warner Bros shop. Someone said that wasn’t a good idea. Mine arrived with damage, but a quick email to the store and they sent out a no charge replacement right away. Can’t fault their service.

And this is one black and white 4k I really like. It looks better than the 70th anniversary blu ray to me. If I had to find fault I’d say the film grain has been lost somewhat, but it’s minor, and in every other way it’s gorgeous.

I wonder if my favorite ‘A Matter of Life and Death’ will be released on 4k, is had the scan…
I think it was a 6k scan for A Matter of Life and Death. It's a cert for early next year....

Zavvi said they were willing to offer me 20 percent off. Think I'm going to just tell them I'd like to return them, which I believe I did in my initial email with the evidentiary photo. Very disappointed in this whole thing. How are all of these damaged? I don't understand how a company can send out damaged goods like this. Blows my mind. Hopefully @Gadget the replacement WB sends will be pristine.

Zavvi said they were willing to offer me 20 percent off. Think I'm going to just tell them I'd like to return them, which I believe I did in my initial email with the evidentiary photo. Very disappointed in this whole thing. How are all of these damaged? I don't understand how a company can send out damaged goods like this. Blows my mind. Hopefully @Gadget the replacement WB sends will be pristine.
They probably didn't conduct proper QA or just decided they didn't have enough time to remake the copies that were damaged.

I stopped writing detailed messages to Zavvi for since I feel they just skim over it anyway.

I simplified this one to just received this damage item, please see attached photo.

Their response was replacement or refund. I selected refund. They didn't ask for the item and I received the refund a couple days later.

They probably didn't conduct proper QA or just decided they didn't have enough time to remake the copies that were damaged.

I stopped writing detailed messages to Zavvi for since I feel they just skim over it anyway.

I simplified this one to just received this damage item, please see attached photo.

Their response was replacement or refund. I selected refund. They didn't ask for the item and I received the refund a couple days later.
I can't begin to say how bummed I was when I opened the package. It was made worse by the fact that they were damaged before shipping. I did end up asking for a refund. More than disappointed these were allowed to be shipped. I sure hope they don't send these to someone else.