Chungking Express (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #36) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: October 29, 2021
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti - Quarter Slip - One Click A (all 3 editions) - One Click B (without quarter slip) (Pre-order on October 15, at 10 PM - Korea time)
Price: $36.99 (Full Slip) - $37.99 (Lenti) - $33.99 (Quarter Slip) - $107.99 (One Click)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Full Slip - Lenti - Quarter Slip - One Click
Note: Total print run 3500 - Domestic 1700 - International 1700
Full Slip 1400 copies - Lenti 1600 copies - Quarter Slip not numbered

AE8AC866-0DBC-4E39-9802-7DE5BA8042B5.jpeg65EEDE92-8CC4-4120-8BFA-257484FB45BE.jpeg7269C4FE-E8D3-401F-9EFF-E75BE16E8BC2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy... Literally just minutes before seeing this thread here I grabbed the other three Nova Wong Kar-Wai FS off eBay. Missed out on the other three before, will go for this one direct.

I was gonna pass on these releases initially because I decided to got for the Criterion set. But now it was revealed that 4k UHD versions are going to be released in Germany by Koch, starting with Mood for Love and Happy Together later this year. So now I decided I need the SBs and will but the 4k discs in those, maybe with modified trays...
Now I'm very curious to see how these 4k versions will look compared to the BDs. Nova stated that they decided against UHDs - but that could have had all kinds of reasons. Maybe they couldn't handle the mastering, or if was not covered by their licencing of the scans/restorations.

The movie revolves around two stories: one is on the FS and one on the lenti... Damn, can't decide which I like the most... probably the lenti though.

The movie revolves around two stories: one is on the FS and one on the lenti... Damn, can't decide which I like the most... probably the lenti though.
I thought the same, but the lenti has one story, and the steelbook covers the other story (especially the inner artwork).

Reactions: Mokum
As the previous Wong Kar Wai Lentis were some of the best lenticulars out there (In the Mood for Love was just perfection), Lenti it is again. Also, the design is great, so it's a no-brainer for me. But yeah, that Full Slip is also looking good.