Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Chupa

Tagline: Discover the Legend.

Genre: Family, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Jonás Cuarón

Cast: Demián Bichir, Evan Whitten, Christian Slater, Ashley Ciarra, Nickolas Verdugo, Adriana Paz, Gerardo Taracena, Julio Cedillo

Release: 2023-04-07

Runtime: 95

Plot: A young boy on a family trip to Mexico discovers a young chupacabra hiding in his grandfather's shed. The youngster and his cousins embark on an adventure to save the mythical creature.

Look children of Alpha generation, and learn, how much worse this copycat is, because it's not a real puppet, but Crappy Generic Images.
I'd rather go on YouTube and watch videos of real wild cats, like manul and caracal...

Pallas Cat Reaction GIF

Pretty good children's movie, but I'd rather Chupa was not 100% CGI.
Also only a third of the running time in have I realized it's still set in 1996. When I was watching movies in 1996, and they were set in 1976, or 1966, etc, it felt like the past. But 1996 feels like 'now', not 27 years ago. Only noticed a rather large '90's' videocamera one character was filming a spot of an incident, and then that all the cars are rather 'angly', metal, and look like real freaking cars, not soap dishes. Don't know what the point of it taking place in '96 was, but whatever.
Still I'm on the Slater's character's side, regarding harnessing these creatures' healing abilities. Particularly strange looked children's cheering, when numerous large flying monsters were attacking poor guy's truck. Like 'yeah, kill him, rip him apart'. I love animals more, than humans too, but that seemed out of place, even though eventually no one really hurt anyone.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database