Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Finland
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Civil War

Genre: Science Fiction, Action

Director: Alex Garland

Cast: Kirsten Dunst, Wagner Moura, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Cailee Spaeny

Plot: A new action epic set in a near-future America from Alex Garland.

In a May interview with The Daily Telegraph, Garland described the film as a companion piece to Men, and stated it is "set at an indeterminate point in the future – just far enough ahead for me to add a conceit" – and serves as a sci-fi allegory for our currently polarised predicament". In the same interview, Sonoya Mizuno was revealed as part of the cast.

@Flloydo

This looks interesting and could be cool. I hope the world building is realistic, like how other countries would fund side to keep a conflict going creating a global power grab.

I'm not trying to be political here but this looks sorta frightening considering America's political stance at the moment and how close it could really come to this but it looks like a solid movie. Very anxious to see this.

Reactions: leelee17
Considering the trailer is showing California and Texas forming a military alliance, this is hopefully going to be more complex than the same old modern "republicans bad" hollywood narrative. We'll see, will definitely look for this one in theaters.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Wow, I'm so glad they've got to make this film before this actually happened. :naughty:
I think this might be a Wag the Dog type of prediction, and if next year 'they're' going to do the same, as 4 years ago, this better happen, enough is enough!

Considering the trailer is showing California and Texas forming a military alliance, this is hopefully going to be more complex than the same old modern "republicans bad" hollywood narrative.
Exactly, otherwise it'd be the most unrealistic thing in this movie! :D
I guess something could've changed, with many Californians leaving CA for Texas, but mostly it's plot convenience, territorially and GDP both of these states being higher than some actual countries.

P.S. Jesse Plemons' character asks a reasonable question - dumb main characters play 'shocked' for 'the other half'. :facepalm:

I honestly can’t wait for this. Love Garland. And to mirror some other replies it’s defo scary in a way considering this is a possibility and past few years have shown this can happen. That’s why the trailer is so poignant. It’s on the nose completely

I’ve seen a lot of comments about california and Texas and that Texas would never do that but f**k it, it’s a film. I wana see what this possibility looks like!

Also, Plemmons character is going to be savage, just from that one question. Can’t wait to see him in this.

This film looks incredible and stunning. Wouldn’t mind seeing it in imax

Screenshot 2024-02-20 163003.png

This looks so utterly horrifying. I really don't know if I can stomach seeing this given the state of the world. But I am also morbidly curious to see.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database