UK
Release date: June 24th, 2015
Price: €12.99
Purchase links:
Amazon.fr
fnac.com

91BO8Z3SEkL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cloud Atlas! Splendid! Almost even excited!

Though I bet that the art is going to something as boring as the amazon.it metal box had. One can still dream I guess, I really liked the amazon.de version. Hopefully it will be something as great.

I still hope the UK get this one day

If the UK gets it, it will be the same as this French steelbook, because I'm assuming this one will be the same as the German steelbook from a year ago.

Warner is known for being tough to negotiate with regarding artwork approval, thus I wouldn't be surprised if it's "recycled" art (but new art for us in France who've never had individual steelbooks for The Matrix, Matrix Reloaded & Matrix Revolutions), and then queue the same recycled comments :D. Won't buy it myself though, as I already have the German steelbook with its allegedly-hard-to-pull-off j-card that I detached easily enough :p.

I wouldn't be surprised either to see a French steelbook release of Jupiter Ascending shortly after that Wachowski wave ;). After all, it's happening with the Christopher Nolan wave (Interstellar steelbook will be a FNAC exclusive only though, unlike the other steelbooks of his films released in late March)... and yet Speed Racer was oddly left out - not that great a film besides its visuals though ; and Bound is from M6 Vidéo so it wouldn't be among this Warner Bros lineup, though I think I read once that M6 Vidéo is affiliated to WB in some way.

If the UK gets it, it will be the same as this French steelbook, because I'm assuming this one will be the same as the German steelbook from a year ago.

Warner is known for being very tough to negotiate with regarding artwork approval, thus I wouldn't be surprised if it's "recycled" art (but new art for us in France who've never had individual steelbooks for The Matrix, Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions), and then queue the same recycled comments :D.

I wouldn't be surprised either to see a French steelbook release of Jupiter Ascending shortly after that Wachowski wave ;). After all, it's happening with the Christopher Nolan wave (Interstellar steelbook will be a FNAC exclusive only though, unlike the other steelbooks of his films released in late March)... and yet Speed Racer was oddly left out - not that great a film besides its visuals though ; and Bound is from M6 Vidéo so it wouldn't be among this Warner Bros lineup, though I think I read once that M6 Vidéo is affiliated to WB in some way.

I thought the german didn't have English subs or something for the foreign speaking parts. So will this be the same?

I thought the german didn't have English subs or something for the foreign speaking parts. So will this be the same?

Ah you got a point there, it might be the one Warner Bros release that doesn't have the same disc everywhere (with plenty of subtitles on a region free disc). No English subtitles for some parts of the film indeed, I had to buy the French amaray to put the disc in that steelbook.

Still though, I expect the same steelbook. It's Warner, they're not known for being very lenient on that subject (but once some artwork is approved, it's milked until the end of days). I would love to be wrong though, and have brand new artwork for this, Cloud Atlas deserves it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
Ah you got a point there, it might be the one Warner Bros release that doesn't have the same disc everywhere (with plenty of subtitles on a region free disc). No English subtitles for some parts of the film indeed, I had to buy the French amaray to put the disc in that steelbook.

Still though, I expect the same steelbook. It's Warner, they're not known for being very lenient on that subject (but once some artwork is approved, it's milked until the end of days). I would love to be wrong though, and have brand new artwork for this, Cloud Atlas deserves it!

Yeah see I really like the art for the german version so that don't bother me at all although the back could of been better but I suppose the Galaxy/stars is a nice touch. At least its not printed. But yeah I would want the full experience with subtitles for the non English parts. Have to wait and see. I can see zavvi getting this at some point anyway. Even if it takes another year or so (not that I want to wait that long£

I could understand what was being said...

You've lost me lol
Is it because you have read the book?
Isn't it a weird pigeon language but if you have read the book it's easier to understand or something I read once

steelbook for Germany was nice enough, but the unfriendly disc ruined it. the lack of subs for important parts was a big distraction and took away from the movie experience. I actually sold off that steelbook because of it and will wait for something else to come along. Maybe a nice USA/UK/CAN release with a more English friendly disc. That disc in the German steelbook was very ...German.

It actually HAS different art than the others, interesting. I'll probably have to get one, can't say no to Cloud Atlas.

The movie is great but the artwork isn't appealing at all. I think an artwork more similar to this poster and the art for some standard bluray editions would look great on a steel if done right.

cloud_atlas_ver2_xlg.jpg

Reactions: jimmyv