Thoth

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 28, 2019
United Kingdom
Link: Kickstarter
Release Date: Dec 2023
Price: Varies

Explore a grim fantasy world inhabited by men and monsters alike in this action-packed Metroidvania inspired by Hollow Knight, Bloodborne, and Devil May Cry!
  • Crowsworn is a hand-drawn Metroidvania with a strong design emphasis on explorative platforming, immersive combat, and compelling storytelling.

This looks really good but it's so far away yet and that's even if it isn't hit with delays.
I Will keep my eye on it though and will more than likely back it once they have confirmed the Consoles it will be coming too.

Reactions: Thoth
Yeah I want to back it but feels like forever to actually get our hands on it.

Also worth mentioning, this is their first project on Kickstarter so nothing to compare to at how they handing things as a team.

Reactions: Robles
Steelbook looks really good!

a861fa6ec5bfc3a0097fcb6214bc46f6_original.png

• Wow
Reactions: hatredhorror
is it a kickstarter bonus? if yes, how much do you have to pay?

Yes, it's a Kickstarter exclusive so will only be released for backers of the physical pledge.
The cheapest physical pledge is $CA100 (Canadian) so not so bad.

I will definitely pledge for it, but am torn between pledging for cheapest physical or pledge for the physical + Art/Lore Book as well (Which is $CA200).

Yes, it's a Kickstarter exclusive so will only be released for backers of the physical pledge.
The cheapest physical pledge is $CA100 (Canadian) so not so bad.

I will definitely pledge for it, but am torn between pledging for cheapest physical or pledge for the physical + Art/Lore Book as well (Which is $CA200).
80$ or ~70€ for a 20$ indie game is kind of very expensive imo... but yeah, kinda expected this price range

I guess it is a bit expensive but that's about how much the Limited Run Games are as well when they include steelbooks.
You can grab the digital only for £12 lol but we all here for physical xD

I guess it is a bit expensive but that's about how much the Limited Run Games are as well when they include steelbooks.
You can grab the digital only for £12 lol but we all here for physical xD
mhm you sure? regular editions are like 25$ and with smth like physical soundtrack it was 39$... that was for darkwood i think, other than that the collectors editions with much more content like celeste were 80$ (including a steelbook and tons of extras)..

but yeah, i guess its about supporting the devs beyond basicly just paying for a copy

think ill pass though, im not sold on that game and kinda think its a pretty blatant hollow knight ripoff (at least very much so from the artstyle)

They used to be.. now $35 is the norm for regular editions but most prices went up in the gaming industry. They do have some for 29.99 every now and then though.
It's true that most editions that have steelbooks do come with extra bits but most of the times other than the extra soundtrack CD I doubt anyone really cares about acrylic stands and keychains lol (Was just checking Shantae on LRG xD)

I never actually played Hollow Knight and was always on my radar. Was this a LRG release?

My only concern with this Kickstarter is the release date. Dec 2023 is way too far in the future :facepalm:

• Informative
They used to be.. now $35 is the norm for regular editions but most prices went up in the gaming industry. They do have some for 29.99 every now and then though.
It's true that most editions that have steelbooks do come with extra bits but most of the times other than the extra soundtrack CD I doubt anyone really cares about acrylic stands and keychains lol (Was just checking Shantae on LRG xD)

I never actually played Hollow Knight and was always on my radar. Was this a LRG release?

My only concern with this Kickstarter is the release date. Dec 2023 is way too far in the future :facepalm:

its not limited and will be restocked soon.. its one of the best metroidvanias ever for most people.. i personally wasnt too fond of it, but i acknowledge that its an objectively very good game