Custom Box Sets/Collector's Editions

@Luxury Bluray
A separate forum thread was created to put custom made box sets in

? Is it legal to sell these
:LOL: ;)
5A733D94-5A89-4200-894B-EABA1A3A60CD.gif

• Haha
Reactions: AlienKing
I only sell diskless packages for collectors who have disks and want to have a collectible pack.
Nothing to do with Discs

Copyright holders of artwork in this case is J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
It's best to get copyright holder permission if the intent is to sell for purpose of profit

is it possible ?
Yes you contact the copyright holder of the artwork you used
You get written permission from them some may ask for a flat fee or share of profits

You can get around this by selling another item that's from a licenced distributor and giving away free the custom artwork made item
But it's best to get the permission to avoid later issues

J.K. Rowling rights cover artwork and merchandise and it use

Yes you contact the copyright holder of the artwork you used
You get written permission from them some may ask for a flat fee or share of profits

You can get around this by selling another item that's from a licenced distributor and giving away free the custom artwork
Where should I correspond to this package now? Can you send me the link?

Reactions: Billy Talent
Where should I correspond to this package now? Can you send me the link?
  • If you live in the US, address the letter to her US publisher as follows: J.K. Rowling c/o Arthur A Levine Books 557 Broadway New York, NY 10012
  • If you live in the UK, address the letter to her UK publisher as follows: J.K. Rowling c/o Bloomsbury Publishing PLC 50 Bedford Square London WC1B 3DP UK
  • If you live in a country other than the US or the UK, address your letter to whichever address is cheaper to mail to.

• If you live in the US, address the letter to her US publisher as follows: J.K. Rowling c/o Arthur A Levine Books 557 Broadway New York, NY 10012
  • If you live in the UK, address the letter to her UK publisher as follows: J.K. Rowling c/o Bloomsbury Publishing PLC 50 Bedford Square London WC1B 3DP UK
  • If you live in a country other than the US or the UK, address your letter to whichever address is cheaper to mail to.
Thankful. I want to start a site selling collectible packages and I don't know what to do. Can I use your experience or do you do this for me to get a percentage of your sales profit?

Thankful. I want to start a site selling collectible packages and I don't know what to do. Can I use your experience or do you do this for me to get a percentage of your sales profit?
I don't sell custom made items but some others do on HDN on other sites

@Noodles @zesty
You might be of assistance here

Some copyright holders don't care in regards to Custom Fan Art products been sold without permission but some do
J.K. Rowling is one of them who does take action and has taken to court a few

She loves fans but best to get permission from her publishing company

I don't know what fees they charge or what % of profits they look for
Some might not ask for anything but just give permission.

I don't sell custom made items but some others do on HDN on other sites

@Noodles @zesty
You might be of assistance here

Some copyright holders don't care in regards to Custom Fan Art products been sold without permission but some do
J.K. Rowling is one of them who does take action and has taken to court a few

She loves fans but best to get permission from her publishing company

I don't know what fees they charge or what % of profits they look for
Some might not ask for anything but just give permission.
This is not just a package I mean a package of famous movies that are many. Check out this sample package now. Help me out because I have no experience

Attachments

• GOT PACK 2.jpg
    GOT PACK 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 251
  • Wow
This is not just a package I mean a package of famous movies that are many. Check out this sample package now. Help me out because I have no experience
Looks fantastic but I would advise getting permission from artwork rights holder if you planning to sell for profit
If you have permission from them you be fine
Without permission you might have copyright issue when selling an item for profit.

You can as I said get around this by selling a cheap licenced product and listing the custom made item is included free
In reality the customer is paying for your custom made item but it's listed as been free with a paid licenced item ;)

Looks fantastic but I would advise getting permission from artwork rights holder if you planning to sell for profit
If you have permission from them you be fine
Without permission you might have copyright issue when selling an item for profit.

You can as I said get around this by selling a cheap licenced product and listing the custom made item is included free
In reality the customer is paying for your custom made item but it's listed as been free with a paid licenced item ;)
THANKS FOR U

@Luxury Bluray Yeah, easiest way around it is to do as @paulboland suggested and include something that's licensed like the actual discs or a book etc... just make it clear that the custom box is included for "free". :whistle:

@Luxury Bluray Yeah, easiest way around it is to do as @paulboland suggested and include something that's licensed like the actual discs or a book etc... just make it clear that the custom box is included for "free". :whistle:
This is the Game of Thrones collectible I designed and want to make for myself. .:happy::happy::happy:View attachment 448207
I would ask @zesty Neil.
Copyrights are interesting beasts.

As I understood it - Once you alter any image - it is no longer theirs but yours.
I don't think anybody has gone after Neil! :LOL:

I would ask @zesty Neil.
Copyrights are interesting beasts.

As I understood it - Once you alter any image - it is no longer theirs but yours.
I don't think anybody has gone after Neil! :LOL:
I don't think it's quite as simple as that, but I could be wrong.

Look at custom Lentis on ebay. I highly doubt any of them are paying dues to the studio, or getting lawsuits.
View attachment 448223
A lot film studios publishing companies don't bother taking action that's why some get away with selling unlicensed products but it don't make it legal these products been sold.
Some copyright holders do take action and the best way to avoid it is to ask for permission and be given a licence to sell products.

J.K. Rowling publishing company does go after products sold that don't have permission

Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of J.K. Rowling publishing company and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

J.K. Rowling publishing company has taken to court a number of persons for Copyright Infringement

Look at custom Lentis on ebay. I highly doubt any of them are paying dues to the studio, or getting lawsuits.
View attachment 448223
Yeah, I don't know how some folks avoid it to be honest... I got warnings from eBay when I tried to sell my custom slips on there. Same goes for the UV codes you get with movies... they threatened to close my account for selling them (I wasn't even aware it wasn't allowed at the time), whilst hundreds of other sellers were still happily listing theirs with no issues, and still do to this day!