Custom car/new ride? Post pics here!

This was the worst mistake I made in an upgrade. These white wheels totally threw off the whole accent of the car and looks like crap. I kind of have to upgrade again. These HD Spinouts, the company went out of business and unfortunately one night I hit a pothole because I didn't see it in time to swerve and bent one of my wheels. Needless to say I have to upgrade if I want to replace that bent wheel. So I've decided instead of choosing a super custom wheel that has to be specially ordered I'm just going to go with one that Discount Tire has, that way I know if I ever get another bent wheel I'll just be able to get a new one and have it in a couple of days and not have to worry about the company that makes it going out of business.

I've decided to go with the TSW Vale and take it back to black pictured below.
wheel_tsw_vale_black_matte_black-accent_5_20_dp.png

This was the worst mistake I made in an upgrade. These white wheels totally threw off the whole accent of the car and looks like crap. I kind of have to upgrade again. These HD Spinouts, the company went out of business and unfortunately one night I hit a pothole because I didn't see it in time to swerve and bent one of my wheels. Needless to say I have to upgrade if I want to replace that bent wheel. So I've decided instead of choosing a super custom wheel that has to be specially ordered I'm just going to go with one that Discount Tire has, that way I know if I ever get another bent wheel I'll just be able to get a new one and have it in a couple of days and not have to worry about the company that makes it going out of business.

I've decided to go with the TSW Vale and take it back to black pictured below.
View attachment 316518
Hot damn! These wheels are normally $224 each and I just got off the phone with the manager over at Discount Tire and they did a price match for me and then brought the price down even further for all the trouble I've had to deal with waiting for 7 months for a wheel that never came in. He quoted me $165 each, hell yeah. That is badass! :thumbs:

I'm thinking about getting this HD vinyl decal for my car.
View attachment 319208

My car.
View attachment 319099

I'm not sure about it yet though because it's $350. Ouch!
I'm trying to get the designer to change it from saying WASP to YELLOW JACKET which is what that type of hornet that is. They also request the make and year of vehicle I guess to customize the decal to your car so if they can do that and change it to YELLOW JACKET I'll buy it. I'll also be buying the matching hood graphics to go with it too. Talk about fast and furious type vehicle, hell yeah. :D
s-l500.jpg

Well I'm going to have to put the decal off for now unfortunately even though they did get back with me on changing the name to Yellow Jacket was a yes due to other arrangement at the moment. Still have to get the new rims though, I can't put those off due to the fact that one of mine is bent.

My first new car which I got back in 1998 when I was briefly stationed at Lemoore NAS. I eventually fell in love and became obsessed with the import scene. It started out as a black 1998 CivicLx. The first pics are with the full Ground Designs Black Widow kit. I had a few things shaved and had the car repainted down at 20/20 Autobody in SoCal. The interior was done at Kreative. The work was done while I was stationed in Japan. The WIP pics are the BMW 3 series headlight/grill conversion. The BW front bumper was switched out with a Skyline R33 kit. I also had the real Skyline R33 taillights for a conversion but that was never even started. Sadly, I sold the car back in 2014 and I never saw my dreams for it fulfilled.
40296917736.jpg

40245417754.jpg

75933417838.jpg

858478car1

739101car2

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Wreck
Bumping for car nuts!
We just added 2018 Mazda 3 Grand Touring to our fam. Not custom yet but I am sure there will be a few Fast and Furious touches on her soon haha!
32E0EC3F-2D4D-4815-AF93-892BBDE8583E.jpeg
C71AB913-4849-4D08-84C3-2E3231489235.jpeg
48EF0910-F550-4A5F-A93A-B042BB2AC30E.jpeg

So now that you've had it for a little while, how's the new ride treating you? Likes - Dislikes?
I absolutely love it. Both of us commute A LOT, (I drive almost 3 hrs a day), and usually run our cars into the ground before we get new ones for that reason. The car I was driving has 253,000 miles on it, LOL. It’s a nice, tight, responsive ride and after driving an SUV for a few years, this is more my speed. I love all kinds of cars-classic or custom, and prefer tighter suspensions. This one is beautiful inside and out and is a blast to drive. It’s also loaded which is nice for the long drives!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
I absolutely love it. Both of us commute A LOT, (I drive almost 3 hrs a day), and usually run our cars into the ground before we get new ones for that reason. The car I was driving has 253,000 miles on it, LOL. It’s a nice, tight, responsive ride and after driving an SUV for a few years, this is more my speed. I love all kinds of cars-classic or custom, and prefer tighter suspensions. This one is beautiful inside and out and is a blast to drive. It’s also loaded which is nice for the long drives!
That's awesome, glad you like it.

Reactions: digitalbabe