Custom Creation: The Joker TV Special (feat. Mark Hamill & Jay Nelson)

Sep 29, 2017

Really wanted to share this very personal animated project o'mine with you, guys, (it encapsulates my love for all Joker interpretations across all kinds of mediums) that includes an original script, great vocal performances from such talents as Jay Nelson & Mark Hamill himself (the O.G. Joker from Batman: The Animated Series).

Story: "With all the recent news announcements about the Joker spin-offs (under Todd Phillips, Martie Scorsese potentially producing, and the other two guys doing ‘Harley/Joker: Mad Love’ thing), The Joker himself (featuring the voices of JAY NELSON & MARK HAMILL) decided to share his own thoughts and feelings about his own history in this unusual TV SPECIAL!!!"

Took me a long time to accomplish it, but it's so worth it - it's about the essence of the Joker and how he transcends our perception of him at one moment in time or another (there's also some stuff about DCEU's recent news and announcements).

It's like an intelligent satire mixed with a classic radio show format mixed with beautiful animation mixed with unhealthy doses of insanity and madness.

#1. More on our project's backstory:

#2. Legendary people that supported us along the way: Mark Hamill himself

Jared Leto

Will Friedle (Terry McGinnis/Batman Beyond), Alex Maleev, Paul Gulacy, Wesley Burt (Arkham Origins concept artist), Dan Jurgens, Walt Simonson, Jerry Ordway, J. M. DeMatteis, Mico Suayan, Paul Gulacy, Dan Mora, David Michelinie, Patrick Zircher, John Semper Jr. (Spider-Man: The Animated Series creator & Cyborg writer), Charlie Schlatter (the voice of the Flash in a lot of WB shows, including Justice League Action), James Tucker (of the Brave & The Bold Fame) and many other talented and well-respected creators & artists.

Oh, and add Chris McKay (Lego Batman/Nightwing director to that list).

#3. Our first meeting with the creator of the Joker (his father) - Jerry Robinson:

Last edited:
Reactions: Wreck