Custom SteelBooks Designs - Post Your Own Concept Art!

Its my alltime Favorite Horror movie and in my top 3 of all time its def something I want...

oohhh that Camaro.. i wish i had two tongues for her!

Black, I reallly like your idea, and I've always loved the scene in Halloween, where simply the light is on in the pumpkin, and they zoom in. Of course you can't put that on a Steelbook. But some films have several very "iconic" scenes, and I would say that Halloween is virtually a cult classic, with many great opportunities for art. I know many people think that "new releases" should be emphasized for Steelbooks, and that may be the case. But I think there is significant opportunity for the right older, catalog titles, as well-especially if the art is different from the Amaray, or otherwise, unique.

oh def!! there are a ton of Catalog titles that deserve Steelbooks.. there are far more older Great movies than there are being released today. so, id say they have earned Steelbooks, its the studios Distribution companies that hate to dish out cash for the older films.

Does anyone here make their own custom Steelbooks?

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I haven't found a particular thread related to this. I have seen that some of you already create custom spines and inners for your Steels, but has anyone gone (or goes) as far as to create complete custom Steels? I have noticed that on amazon.de and some other places that you can buy plain Steelbooks and this got me thinking about creating custom 'sticker' books for those releases that I love but that you could be almost guaranteed would never see the light of day in anything other than a vanilla Amaray case. That way, I would have something that looks a bit nicer on my shelf and keep the Amaray tucked away out of sight in a draw somewhere.

If anyone has done this, what advice do you have? What have you done? Is there any software you would recommend for such an endeavor to get the most proffessional results?

I'm looking forward to your opinions on this one ;) .

I haven't but I have been told by Scanavo that a reason of them releasing those was so people could do that. Additionally they would like to see what the community could create etc. Told this about a year ago. I'm not too much into sticker books that are dvd size tho.

I would think what would be cooler and probably feasible is some kind of printing company doing some type of metal stamping kind of like how T2 Japan looks. I mean it would get old if you did lots of titles like that so I dont think it would hurt SteelBook sales by any means but for some of those titles that retailers/studios wouldnt dare try to steel up due to it being an obscure *but loved* movie would be really cool for a collector/ movie lover.

I've merged dream demon's thread with this one that was already broaching the subject of customs steelbooks in terms of a complete design. The topic started before blank steelbooks were available for purchase.

Brilliant mate love the black rain one its a shame tho that you cant do the spine i no its possible i read it somewhere on a thread on this forum on how to change the spine but it does seem hard.
I think inside artwork should be standard on all steels.

Reactions: Shanester
Brilliant mate love the black rain one its a shame tho that you cant do the spine i no its possible i read it somewhere on a thread on this forum on how to change the spine but it does seem hard.
I think inside artwork should be standard on all steels.

+1 Inside artwork makes such a big difference!

Steelbook Concept Art

Hey guys, I had an idea for a new Thread. On here we can post Images of SteelBooks we wished existed or of upcoming titles and what we think they will look like. So use your photoshop skills and make some Blu-Ray Steelbook Concept Art.

I made a few as an example. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

captain_america_steelbook.jpg
xmen_first_class_steelbook.jpg
green_lantern_steelbook.jpg
spiderman_steelbook.jpg
thor1_steelbook.jpg
thor2_steelbook.jpg
thor3_steelbook.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

I dont think HBO has ever done a SteelBook, but i would love to see Game of Thrones as one:

game_of_thrones_steelbook.jpg

Nice thread, kaw. Looks like your first Thor "theme" is actually going to be the cover according to HMV's site with your second as the cover for the regular Blu and DVD. Very prophetic.

Kudos for the GoT cover; that would be nice, trouble is it would have to be a Jumbo or Tin as 10 1-hr episodes plus extras. More likely like Band of Brothers or The Pacific.

Great job Kaw!!

I like the second cover of Thor only because Natalie Portman looks really hot!! :joy:

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I really want to see what other people come up with as well!
Any suggestions for other films?

I realize the GoT steelbook will probably never happen, but dare to dream right? haha