DMD4k

QuoteMaster® & GIFGuru®
Premium Supporter
Mar 12, 2018
Spain
Release date: December 4, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon ES
Price: €13.00
Notes: Includes DVD for extras and 8 postcards.

71EmT8zwj7L._SL1044_.jpg

More pics in the spoiler.
51cvkgDPKAL.jpg
51bIwUvfrgL.jpg
61bOajZ1dOL._SL1044_.jpg
91a6x-L+q+L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am from Spain, and I can confirm all the releases from RESEN (not Resin, as I read below) are bootlegs.
This includes the futurepaks for 'Cujo' and 'Masters of the Universe'...

But I have to recognize this 'Dances with Wolves' futurepak is yet in my shelves… and it would be perfect if only the title in the front was a little bit smaller...

By the way: pressed Blu-ray, not director's cut… but I will get the movie elsewhere and keep the box.

Reactions: paulboland
I am from Spain, and I can confirm all the releases from RESEN (not Resin, as I read below) are bootlegs.
This includes the futurepaks for 'Cujo' and 'Masters of the Universe'...

But I have to recognize this 'Dances with Wolves' futurepak is yet in my shelves… and it would be perfect if only the title in the front was a little bit smaller...

By the way: pressed Blu-ray, not director's cut… but I will get the movie elsewhere and keep the box.
*Note:
The Original film is the superior version. It won The Academy Award for Best Picture.
The inferior EXTENDED cut is NOT a Director’s cut. It was prepared by producer Jim Wilson, and not Kevin Costner.

Reactions: DMD4k
Not my video.

Damn this look nice :drool: we need this replicated as steelbook with English tittle.

Not sure what the included spine magnet is all about, maybe to make it look like a steelbook. :rofl:

I never buy from amazon spain. 90% of the stuff are now pirate material and amazon do nothing about it The same labels keep churning out the pirate copies and nothing is done about this. Shame as all it does is push up the prices of legal pressings.

That is certainly not true lol

Then why is it that on at least 5 occasions in the 2 years when I purchased an item from amazon spain i had to send it back as it was clearly a pirate item. One in particular annoyed me as it should have been legit but it wasn't.
Don't get me wrong, I'm had the same problem with the Italian site. But the Spanish one is way worse.

I don’t know, I don’t know what you have or haven’t purchased but most titles on there are just about the same as you’d find in other European amazon sites.
I’ve purchased from the more than 5 times in the last year. All were sealed and official, those that I’ve unsealed included standard discs, not ones burned by someone on their computer.
Same with the Italian amazon.
Now I’m curious as to what kind of titles you are buying :giggle:

I don’t know, I don’t know what you have or haven’t purchased but most titles on there are just about the same as you’d find in other European amazon sites.
I’ve purchased from the more than 5 times in the last year. All were sealed and official, those that I’ve unsealed included standard discs, not ones burned by someone on their computer.
Same with the Italian amazon.
Now I’m curious as to what kind of titles you are buying :giggle:
Lot of the bootlegs are pressed discs made in pressing plants like official releases are made

It's the labels that are releasing them that is the issue a lot are not licenced releases from the rights holder

There is official releases in Spain but there is a lot that are not

I could post a link of titles that gets updated regularly but its another film web forum

Resen is one of many bootleg labels and they often change name of label but is actually same persons involved

All Resen and Llamentol releases are bootlegs

Last edited:
Reactions: DMD4k
Not my video.

Damn this look nice :drool: we need this replicated as steelbook with English tittle.

Not sure what the included spine magnet is all about, maybe to make it look like a steelbook. :rofl:

WTF? Why does he place the spine magnet over the opening side of the steelbook? :confused: :LOL:

Does he not know what it's for?

• Haha
Lot of the bootlegs are pressed discs made in pressing plants like official releases are made

It's the labels that are releasing them that is the issue a lot are not licenced releases from the rights holder

I could post a link of titles that gets updated regularly but its another film web forum

Resen is one of many bootleg labels and they often change name of label but is actually same persons involved

Yeah that’s fine, but it’s not 90%.

Yes thanks for the list, but that list doesn’t prove 90% of anything anywhere is pirate material. That’s all I’m saying. There is no way that 90% of titles offered by amazon Spain (or Italy/USA/X) are illegal.

One big issue I see is that when labels , likely the ones you know of, license the film and get permission to remaster etc. they put in work, and I agree that means something, but its still not their film. They have a license to produce x amount for x time. Most often they send back or get approval etc , and thus now the rights owner now has access to this new remaster, in which case then when the film is sold to, or licensed to an International Film Agent the same works are now pressed up. So there are times that if you compare the tech specs, bitrates, and all that technical jazz yes it can be proven they ripped a master created by X label .... but guess what, X label does not own that film, the rights owner does. And thus it then gets relicensed elsewhere. It would suck to see their hard work done like that so quickly ... but for me its LIVE AND LEARN ... if that happened to me, then I would be sure to get jargon in next contract that states that I want a royalty or a sub license if my master is used. Granted I know how that will fair, as you likely wont ever get the license at all. Never the less, that's the game, negotiate.

Spain has be selling bootleg releases for years and nothing has been done to stop it

I'm more annoyed that the likes of Amazon in Spain sell these

Bootleg releases when you purchase the film studio/actors/directors etc etc don't see any financial payment from these releases
Can be so but I got some of these Spanish ''bootlegs'' and must admit that some (for example the Critters box and special edition of The Running Man I bought in Spain) are just awesome!!! I can not be bothered by that but the Spanish title is holding me off :(

Beautiful Edition, pity that the title is not in English
Maybe a steelbook magnet with the original title will do it. I found this one on E-bay.
1588974771983.png

I have some of these magnets and they look very good. Glossy finish and also a little scratch resistant. The letdown is that there was glue in the corners here and there, but removable.
20200416_154359_2.jpg
20200416_154444_2.jpg
20200416_150252_2.jpg
20200416_151654_2.jpg

Last edited:
So as not to create a thread about Resen, will post here.
Noticed they're releasing a bunch of 90's movies for the first time ever on BD in the world - The Beach, Final Analysis, Apt Pupil, Murder by Numbers, Murder at 1600, The Juror, Extreme Measures - all came out at the end of last year or coming this March, and wanted to buy them, but they're pirate copies? Copies of what? They were accused of copying other studios' discs, but if there's no disc, do they just 'burn' a 1080p streaming rip?

If it's just an upscaled DVD, then I definitely don't want them. Who knows how their quality is?

Honestly, if a studio couldn't bother to release these on disc for 20 years, I'm going to download an illegal
HD copy anyway, and if these BDs are of similar quality, but pressed at a real factory (not BD-Rs), then screw those studios, I'll buy them, I'll pay €100 for all of the above.

So as not to create a thread about Resen, will post here.
Noticed they're releasing a bunch of 90's movies for the first time ever on BD in the world - The Beach, Final Analysis, Apt Pupil, Murder by Numbers, Murder at 1600, The Juror, Extreme Measures - all came out at the end of last year or coming this March, and wanted to buy them, but they're pirate copies? Copies of what? They were accused of copying other studios' discs, but if there's no disc, do they just 'burn' a 1080p streaming rip?

If it's just an upscaled DVD, then I definitely don't want them. Who knows how their quality is?

Honestly, if a studio couldn't bother to release these on disc for 20 years, I'm going to download an illegal
HD copy anyway, and if these BDs are of similar quality, but pressed at a real factory (not BD-Rs), then screw those studios, I'll buy them, I'll pay €100 for all of the above.
Got quite a few of these Spanish ''bootlegs'' (buy them every year when in Spain on holidays) and always impressed by the quality (as there is no better option available). I got Deadly Friend which is pretty close to the Scream Factory's release which came out 2 years later. I also have True Lies on ''BD'' for a couple years and was highly surprised by the overall PQ & AQ. Without any alternative, this is the version to own ;)
See video for review;